Would be nice with official information

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by CreativeX, Nov 30, 2018.

1. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Other than the post in another thread basically saying that They are ”revamping” content because it didnt meet their standards.

I think it would be really nice to have a thread made by developers confirming and maybe discussing what we can expect.

That can be everything from how big the overhaul is, expected release date, information on what is beeing reworked and progression etc.

I think myself and many others dont ”mind” the wait hoping the game will turn out great. I think i speak for most people its better to wait a big longer and get a polished game than an early access with alot of problems that doesnt meet any of its promises. (bless online)

And i think the developers made a good choice delaying the game so that they can work more on it, after seeing how bad bless was and the outcry from the community we dont want another game alike.

And i really hope the developers behind AIR saw this oppertunity and tries their best to deliver a good game.

EDIT: STICK TO THE SUBJECT, or DO NOT POST HERE.

CREATE UR OWN THREAD IF THERE IS SOMEHINF ELSE YOU WANT TO POINT OUT, STOP SPAMMING USELESS STUFF.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Shari, Alyria, AsianBadger and 2 others like this.
  2. Osiris

Osiris Ascendant

Agreed. There's no point in rushing a game because we all know where it'll lead. With this said I too would love to see some news and know what to expect in the future.

3. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

You know what to expect? While an expectation is a supposition, one still needs to look at available information in order to make the estimation of the likelihood of given event's occurrence. A strong belief on a proposition requires one to make a good prediction! You want to make a reliable statement that were hypothesized and not assumptions that were just speculated without any use of information to justify the probability!

In this world based on Determinism, an event is determined by previously existing causes. It is logical that they can be expressed through Mathematical formulas based on different kinds of events such as not, or, and, etc. In Computing, a Statement requires a Return in order to determine which Event to execute. It is so logical that in order to complete the sequence, you look at the information and if it doesn't matches the order that is related to the Event, a different one will take place!

This is the biggest problem with you people! You use absolutely no information in order to make your supposition! If all the necessary information is already available, the event already took place! (It already completed the sequence!) On the basis of probability, sufficient information do not exist and they could never possibly exist! In order to make an estimation, one needs to gauge at available / known information that are ofcourse insufficient. Because they are insufficient, estimation is not completely certain but making logical predictions! This is what you people lack, 'the logic'!

Bluehole is a failing company with so many failed Projects and don't make good priorities since the beginning! Ascent: Infinite Realm, being developed by PUBG Corp. (a Division of Bluehole that has a manpower of around 200 employees, around 160 of which are in Korea, while around 40 are in overseas), is also a failing game! This is not something that I assumed, this is something that I based on information, and therefore it is a highly probable belief! It's called "making an accurate prediction"!

[​IMG]
    A prediction requires proximation of measurement to the true value, it's called "making an accurate estimation"! Accuracy is a Vector (x, y), while Precision is just the magnitude of value (x), therefore a Scalar (it requires you to match a value with another value). In order to make something accurate, you have to predict as shown in this chart, while precision is absolute.

Enough with this joke already! If this is how you do things, this game will fail and it can be predicted accurately! Certainly, it doesn't require a Scientist or a Theoretical Physicist to demonstrate the case!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  4. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

What makes you think that they will prioritize the quality of this game rather than it's recipient to as big of an audience as possible to make the game as profitable as possible? It has always been the case with Bluehole! Did you even know that Tera originated from their previously scrapped projects? To them, it is more important to deliver the best fast-paced Action-targeting Combat regardless of the technical limitations because they know it will appeal to the largest audience in expense of Instancing their game. In order to deliver on the Performance, they even made their games (such as Tera) Client-Authorized. Tera is Client-Authorized, that's why it has a high System Requirement and is heavy on the CPU. They are even willing to trade the game's integrity and security for Performance! They don't care about making a good MMORPG, they care about making an MMORPG that will appeal to the largest audience as possible!

Go to TERA's Official Website and you will find the game's advertisement quoted below:
    "TERA is a stunning fantasy MMO that features fast-paced action combat; a vast, gorgeous world; and highly customizable characters. Best of all, TERA is FREE to play!"
    Available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One
    (as Consoles have a larger audience, although not completely built and suitable as Platforms for an MMORPG).

To them, as already proven with all their previous and upcoming MMORPGs, delivering on the Combat, Graphics, and Character Customization are more important than anything else as they will produce the largest recipient. I am fine with it, but I am not fine with it when you are trading it for something else, something that are more important for an MMORPG! Also, a Free-to-Play Business Model because that's what appeals to the most audience even though inevitably imperiling the system of the game.
    TERA didn't came out as a good MMORPG because it has Vertical and lacking of Contents and the game is Instanced (because of technical limitation), although the game was widely received positively. Just because it was widely received positively, it doesn't make it a good MMORPG when the game is barely an MMORPG!

Do mind that Ascent: Infinite Realm is being marketed as an MMORPG with emphasis on "PvP, RvR, and Vehicle-to-Vehicle Combat". The Armaments in this game (such as the ones attached to the Vehicles) are completely Action-targetting Combat as shown from gameplay videos with Collision Detection of Ballistics.

Here they go again as already evident from their past! You are willing to make the same trade again this time?

This company just never learned! They also have a history of many failures!
    Here's another fact! Tencent Holdings Ltd. (a Chinese Diversified Investment Company and Conglomerate) is planning to acquire 10% more of Bluehole's Shares in which if the plan should materialize, they will become the second largest Shareholder of Bluehole with 11.5% Ownership. PUBG Corp. is a Division of Bluehole, so in order to be affiliated here, they have to directly buy the Shares of the Parent Company through Equity Investment. The Founding Chairman of Bluehole owns the majority interest of the company at currently 20.6%. The point is, these are Corporations with multiple Affiliated Corporate Owners! Do you think decision-making happens more independently compare to a more Independent Corporation, Inc., or an LLC, with possibly Stakeholders (Investors) when their flexibility is already so poor because of their already poor structure? Both this Company and Kakao do not look good to me structurally! You cannot register a Company that is not Corporate (it will always have multiple owners). If you solely own a business (registered as DBA), it is a Sole-Proprietorship, it is not even a company because as a sole owner, you will file the tax on your Personal Income Tax. They call a company a "company" for a reason that it is an association, how can you associate if you personally own everything and is responsible and liable for everything? A Company is a Corporation, it is the same thing! The level of company's independence and flexibility is based on their internal influence. If there is and there are too much external influence, that's it, they are poorly structured for an MMORPG like Bluehole and Kakao!
    What do you think? That I should be happy that Tencent is acquiring 10% more of the Company which will make the Company even less Independent than they already are? Not only are they Stakeholders, they granted them Shares of the Company and is about to grant them more! (This is called "Equity Investment".) That's even worse than Portfolio Investment! The reason why Tencent want to affiliate with PUBG Corp. is it's massive profits. With the massive earnings of PUBG (and PUBG Corp. is also the Developer of A:IR), you cannot fund this game and have to look for Equity Investment? You don't even need Portfolios with the stack that you have already earned! They went to the pockets of Shareholders and I don't see a reason why they cannot be reinvested! They have the fundings but this Company is too greedy that they wanted to grow more at a faster rate, that is why they are willing to sell Shares to the interested Investors. Even the structure of their company, they are willing to trade for greed!

Use your head! These don't look good (including the gameplay that were already demonstrated about this game) and it's not likely that this game is gonna go the way we want in the coming future! Here are the information, look at it and stop living wishful-thinking! What did you expect?

5. AsianBadger

AsianBadger Ascendant

My eyes are bleeding while reading all these punctuations in the 'paragraph'.

6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

That part was already edited! The Company do not produce Investment Strategies, rather the Company's Shareholders themselves are the Investors! What is the difference if they are under their influence either way? 79.4% of this Company currently belongs to the Investors and only 20.6% (and can dwarf more if Tencent's acquisition follows) are to it's Founding Chairman. The control of the Company is through the majority Shares. If that majority interest is not 51%, you have no control! The Investors can vote on their favor, so what is really the majority Shares? The majority Shares and the real dictator of the Company is that 79.4% combined! Why would they not vote commonly if they share a common interest? Bluehole, Inc. (formerly Bluehole Studio, Inc.) is very much an Investors-influenced Company and is structurally dominated by external Investors that bought on it internally!
    To us Customers, what is the difference between Equity Return and Portfolio Return? Whichever route they take, they will maximize in the expense of the game! Especially if Equity belongs to the Investors themselves which is more damaging!

Read the entire essays again because I would rather that you go totally blind by reading it than for you to remain ignorant of the subject!

You are not gonna get a proper MMORPG out of this because Bluehole is structurally a garbage Company and so is Kakao! Both the Developer and Publisher here are trash, while Pearl Abyss when it was Founded on 2010 and began working on Black Desert, is structurally not that bad of a Company, that is why they were atleast able to produce a good MMORPG that is unique to all these WoW clones because of their level of independence! I can tell you accurately that this will be the case!

7. Osiris

Osiris Ascendant

I'm amazed by the fact that someone would put this much effort into something that no one gives a ****. If it fails we'll move along....calm down man...waste your time on something productive or good because no one gives a tiny **** on what you're talking about.

AsianBadger likes this.
  8. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

@Eternal
    On l'aura compris, vous n'appréciez pas ce jeu ! Inutile de le rabâcher post après post, cela devient épuisant ! Travaillez-vous pour une boîte concurrente comme Ashes of création ?! ...C'est à se demander vraiment !
    Je ne comprends pas votre acharnement, ni votre présence encore sur ce forum ! Vous plombez tous les sujets de ce forum, avec un mépris et une condescendance sans nom. Vous prenez tout le monde de haut, et vous vous prenez pour l'élite des gamers! Redescendez un peu de votre nuage et arrêtez de donner des leçons à tout le monde. Si le jeu ne vous plaît pas, partez, chercher un autre os à ronger ! Acceptez que des joueurs attendent ce jeu tel qu'il est ! Certains animent courageusement ce forum tous les jours, malgré le manque flagrant de nouvelles. Je prends toujours plaisir à les lire, même si je n'interviens pas, car la barrière de la langue m'y empêche. (Je ne veux pas qu'on me reproche d'écrire en Français.) Mais là je perds patience !

9. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

장병규, the only Founder of Bluehole, do not have management control of this Company! The current second largest Shareholder of Bluehole is Knet Investment Partners LLC. Aside from 장병규's measly Shares, the rest of the Company belongs to Public and Private Equity Firms! Even some of 장병규's measly Shares were acquired through the help and fundings of other Private Equity Firms! So what did you people expect? That this Company is like Pearl Abyss?
    This Company is structurally one of the worst, even compare to most Korean MMO Developer Companies!

Look at their past and current games and you'll see that it's very much Investors and structurally influenced! They will never get an MMORPG right and they are yet to get it right! Not by a Company that is structured like this!

And here you are, hoping things will be mis-determined! Wake up, because you are not being reasonable anymore! What matters to this Company is what will be the most financially successful with the least associated risks! Not what is a quality Project that is critically successful and therefore financially as well in the MMO Market! An example of that is Black Desert, but this Company can never replicate anything like that because this Company have no Independence!

Also, 장병규, The Founder, Chairman, also the Chief Strategy Officer at Bluehole, also the disgraced Chairman of the Presidential Committee on the Fourth Industrial Revolution, really do not care about the development of the Gaming Industry, is over-neglecting of it, and blames the failures on the different opinions of the Committee Members. This is not the guy who you think have the right mindset! Even if you give him full un-influenced control of Bluehole (which to a degree he has as a CSO and Chairman), he will **** every single MMO Projects up and there is already a history of it!

So who cares in this Company? No one! Not even 장병규 himself! So why should we care about this game when the Company does not in the first place?

Every single Bluehole game (this includes the MMOs) are Client-Authorized! When asked about the Cheating problems (such as the ones in PUBG), you will get the PR that they are doing their best to prevent the Programs, when they are doing nothing at all and didn't cared in the first place at all!

This company do not care at all about making a good MMORPG, nor do they care about the Industry as a whole! To elect him and to elect him once again for another term as the Chairman of the Presidential Committee, what a joke!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  10. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Look at A:IR and TERA and tell me again if they care about making it a 'good' MMORPG! They chose to make the wrong tradeoffs in the expense of the genre in order to appeal to the masses! They already have a history of it since the beginning when the company was founded on 2007!

Combat, Graphics, Instant experience, and a Client-side game, in the expense of everything else, is their vision of a 'good' MMORPG! Tell me, what factors influenced you to think like that?

11. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Eternal: Can you please behalf of everyone in this thread shut the hell up?
    I mean it.

You are going off topic so ****ing much and literally everything you have typed here noone gives a **** about or wont even read, i read some lines of it but you are just making stupid nonsense fking spam right now and its REALLY annoying.
    Literallt just REPEATING EVERYTHING YOU SAID IN ORHER THREADS.

This thread has NOTHING TO DO WITH What you are writing, just like you have made insanely long paragraphs in other threads, either STICK to the TOPIC or shut he hell up.

This is REALLY getting on My nerves now since you spam every other thread with the same useless crap.

And now when i make a serious thread about questions We want to know from the developers, all you do is spam this thread with no point in What ur saying, ur not even making the slightest sense.

So again, stick to the topic or **** off.
    I mean it.

Make ur own thread if this is such a ”big deal” for you But dont spam every thread with ur useless butthurt crying.

You are just making urself look like an idiot. Do NOT reply to this anymore and get OUT from My thread.
    Or i Will report ur post for offtopic and spamming.

EEIT: Like someone else said, if it turns out bad okay who the **** cares, we will try the game for some months then go on with our lifes.
    No need to write a fking book on Why and How its Gonna fail, when in reality you know nothing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  12. Osiris

Osiris Ascendant

Tbh he's really looking like a lunatic at this point.

AsianBadger, Nagule and CreativeX like this.
  13. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Agreed, basically repeating the same stuff in every other thread.
    Making mathematic equations and stuff on How the game Will fail lol. I dont get Why hes even here..

AsianBadger likes this.
  14. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

On Topic : I wholeheartedly agree with Creative that some sort of official thread regarding the revamp, overhaul, or redesign (whatever you choose to call it) is needed. The community does not need co firmed dates and ironed out timelines; we need to know what is under development and an understanding on the progress of the revamp / how far along they are on the efforts. My main interests are in the following.
    1. Optimization : The video coming out of the beta and promotional videos caused a few raised eyebrows. Is this part of the revamp?
    2. Klunky combat : The one topic I heard discussed to a large degree was how rigid the combat felt and the that it was not the action combat everyone was hoping for. What are the plans to make this more fluid.
    3. Engaging airship mechanics : Some say this feature of the game seemed boring. Anything under development to help “speed up” air combat?

As far as the other off topic item discussed here . . . The ignore option does wonders. Hides posts you do not wish to see. Don’t feed bad actors.

Shari likes this.
  15. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Community Management A:IR Crew

We received quite a few complains about bloated and derailing posts lately.
    Nothing seems to be in direct violation of our forum rules but we would ask everyone to please stay on point.
    There is also always the option to create a new thread.

Regarding "official information": Kakao Games as well as our partner at Blue Hole understand the frustration that stems from the initial A:IR announcement followed by a long period of silence. As you likely figured out yourself, that was not the initial plan. After the first Beta in Korea it became clear that more changes to the game where required than originally expected. This also resulted in some information being outdated, which we had planned to share with you. We hope to provide more extensive details about A:IR soon, but please also understand that the developers need to be confident to have made all the necessary changes before going public.

Kjjing and Delu like this.
  16. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Thank you for helping put this topic to bed in a way CM Praballo.

Kapi Heartlilly likes this.
  17. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Like Alyria said: Thank you very much Praballo, this was exactly what we wanted to hear.

And like you said, you probably had alot of footage and clips to show about the development of AIR, but the overhaul made stuff outdated which makes it rather obsolete since you will re-do it.

And as many people already had figured out, this overhaul wasnt your original plan, but the improvements i bet are neccesarily and it can take however long it want aslong as you end up beeing proud of the game.
    And the silence was just ”frustrating” for some but it doesnt matter since you would tell us something like ”it is too early to show any changes now, wait 1 year and come back”

And i must say the stuff you are releasing now looks really good! Keeps the faith going.

Kapi Heartlilly likes this.