World bosses?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by FuryPhoenix, Nov 11, 2017.

1. FuryPhoenix

FuryPhoenix Ascendant

So do we know anything about the world bosses? How hard they will be or if there will be any ?

Rewards? Gears? Strategies?

Zarkon likes this.
  2. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

I only noticed massive fights against giant creature implying a raid to kill them (more than 10 players) but we don't know if it will be a part of the open world.

3. FuryPhoenix

FuryPhoenix Ascendant

hm they should add world bosses tho but i hope the AI or at least the challenge of the world boss will be significant rather than a boss that u kill for funzies

4. Zarkon

Zarkon Ascendant

An open world boss would be fun, but the possibility of losing the kill to another guild at the last minute would suck.

5. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

I would find that pretty funny, it's just what Open PvP is supposed to be with guilds trying to ambush the other one in order to steal the boss rewards, could be some nice adrenaline rush.

Pangolin likes this.
  6. Atorasu

Atorasu Ascendant

World bosses would be very nice, however, I believe everyone who attacks the boss should be rewarded. If an entire guild takes down a boss, because they're in a guild they should receive some goodies.

If this game ends up going with an open-world PVP system, World Bosses could become something only the highest tiered guilds would be able to compete over and if there are any items tied to progression in these World Bosses, it'll be difficult for the average player to obtain them.

FuryPhoenix likes this.
  7. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

If it's only a question of rewards I really don't mind as long as you can get the same in dungeons or raids or even crafting (with a different skin). World Bosses wouldn't be there just for gearing but more like a part of the endgame challenge giving you a bonus if you manage to do it with your guild.

FuryPhoenix likes this.
  8. Vunak

Vunak Ascendant

From the trailer it looked like there was going to be some form of OW bosses. Whether they are OW Bosses similar to BDO or similar to Lineage who knows. I would rather they not be like BDO and actually have to fight over them since I am a PvPer and utilize them as a resource.

FuryPhoenix likes this.
  9. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    I would love open world bosses that require a MASSIVE amount of players to take down, and everyone who contributes get at least a LITTLE reward, with unique boss loot being dropped for the party contributing the most. And the spawn windows should be long, to really make it exciting.

FuryPhoenix likes this.
  10. FuryPhoenix

FuryPhoenix Ascendant

Reminds me of the fights in gelkmaros in aion Elyos vs Asmodians,well i like the idea personally but one thing i am afraid in faction games is people going only to 1 of them and not playing with the other.

It kills the fun

11. Anderson

Anderson Ascendant

world boss *,* and facction pvp!

12. Kiandal

Kiandal Ascendant

Open world bosses are always great fun and I love to compete against other groups to take them down, could be a fun extra thing to do to encourage more open world pvp

Anderson likes this.
  13. IronArm

IronArm Ascendant

I believe there will be world bosses (some may have possibly been shown in the trailer). The trailer seems to suggest that there may be types of public events (unless party sizes in the game are huge). I think the public events could be similar to the Fate system in FF:XIV.

I think majority of MMOs now have some type of world bosses in the game, so I don't know why A:IR wouldn't. I think like most games the gear from world bosses would be BiS, but be extremely rare.

14. Maevynn

Maevynn Ascendant

With how many instanced dungeons there are on the map + an area being designated as a "battlefield" type area—I've got no idea what to think in terms of this stuff. It genuinely might've been a dungeon boss that we saw with that huge monster people were fighting around 1:14. There were only 4 people fighting the thing, but it's just pre-alpha footage so we can't really base judgement off of that just yet.

As IronArm said though, most MMOs nowadays have some kind of world boss in the game. I'd be surprised if they didn't have something like one.

15. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

I also think that we will probably have a World Boss but I believe it will be something very accessible without any PvP since this would be too elitist and only rewarding those capable of managing the boss and unfriendly players.

16. CryTek

CryTek Ascendant

[​IMG]

this was shown in the trailer, looks like a world boss or sorts

you can see there is alot of people doing this, some of those air ships have 3 people on them

17. IronArm

IronArm Ascendant

This could possibly be a world boss as mentioned before. The boss is, but the screenshot isn't from the trailer. In the trailer only 4 people were fighting in personal airships. Its impossible to tell right now, but if there is world bosses (I believe there will be), this is the most likely one we've seen so far.

18. CryTek

CryTek Ascendant

the screen shoot is not straight from the trailer its off the KR website, but its the same big boss that was shown in the trailer, from the trailer it was hard to tell how many other people were around, because the camera never panned around,

19. Zinx

Zinx Ascendant

Developer
    Wonder if there will be flying galleon battle moments with an on-going ground war.. Bit like a mass assault lol.

20. IronArm

IronArm Ascendant

I know its from the KR screenshots and not the video, that is what I was saying haha.

There is only 4 ships on the boss in the trailer. If you watch it and slow it down, there is only 4 shots on the boss at all times. There is a ship to the top left, top right, and further top right. They shoot two different tips of shells. A round shot and a bullet style shot. The directions of the shots throughout the entire scene match the locations of the 4 ships I mentioned.

CryTek likes this.