Will this game be available on Steam?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Tez, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    Has anyone heard or can any CM reply to the question of it also being available on Steam to download?

2. Linkel

Linkel Ascendant

It seems to me that it would be a very good solution. But how does Steam approach free-to-play games?
    I really like Rocket League and Rocket League items
    I found the most information about the items on deitems.com and thanks to this I know what my drop rate is and what the price of individual items is and what content individual crates have, but the most precious are those that are the rarest. I mean Champions Crates, especially Champions Crate 3 and CC4 (Champions Crate 4).
    What I like about Rocket League is to make items, it is very nice and encourages further play.
    https://deitems.com/
    Look at Champions Crate 3 and Champins Crate 4 and items insine (Zomba, Heatwave)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  3. Sera

Sera Guest

There have been a couple of threads asking if it will be on Steam, but no official response to any of them on this question.

SirWallace likes this.
  4. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

Tera and PLAYERUNKOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, both by Bluehole ended up on Steam so it is a possibility because it's a company from the east and Steam is a great way for them to approach to the western audience.
    For now it seems like no one knows.

About free-to-play, A:IR developers/publishers didn't announce it's payment model so we don't know yet.

Revy and SirWallace like this.
  5. ghoulas

ghoulas Ascendant

I hate how steam handles patches in MMO's you must dowload whole game everytime.

6. Nova

Nova Ascendant

Writer
    I heard that it might actually come out on steam sooner. I'll see if i can find the article. It said something about it having a soft release on steam before the offical release.

7. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    They will prob start it on Steam...just makes sense these days

8. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

You got a point

Frechard likes this.
  9. IronArm

IronArm Ascendant

There are reasons to have a publisher other than just releasing the game on Steam or not. I'll be happy either way, but I think it would be a good idea to release the game on Steam as well.

10. DesmonicTwix

DesmonicTwix Ascendant

It would be good idea cuz everyone can access the steam and play the game from all over the world. Plus Steam is the real place for gamers XD

11. Malfrador

Malfrador Ascendant

Depends on how the game files are structured.

Steam checks for every file if it was changed in the Update and if yes, downloads the file. For games were the whole game-assets are packed in a single file (like BDO), this is not very efficient as this files has to be redownloaded. If the game consists of many smaller files, Steams updater works fine. We do not know yet how A:IR works regarding file storage and it also can change during the development a lot.

12. Ruhn

Ruhn Ascendant

There is also the possibility of the game having its own launcher which it downloads patches through and the publishers simply use steam as another platform to sell the game. I've seen this with quite a few games, its pretty common practice.

As for how Steam handles payment models that's nothing to worry about there. I've played monthly subscription (FFXIV) as well as free to play and free to play with cash markets (Tera, PoE, etc) through Steam and it handles them just fine. It's really all on the people in charge of the game to work with Steam to allow payment through Steam. Steam has the resources to do it and they do it all the time. Bluehole already has these things built in through steam in Tera so I don't see it being an issue at all.

This is, of course, under the assumption they use Steam at all, although I would be surprised if they didn't.

13. Henry Adams

Henry Adams Ascendant

Hey, there are many games available for free on Steam. The most trending games like the Playerunknown's battlegrounds is available on the Steam and the other online store like the Instant-gaming, BestBuy, etc. that provide with the free trail and offer best deals on the purchase of the video games. It is really easy to Buy Player unknown battlegrounds and other games online and get the configuration for the game, and they also offer the updated patches for the game that can be downloaded from the same place.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  14. Kisica

Kisica Ascendant

That would be great, really hope it will be on Steam