will there be any nudity/partial nudity?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Greeniewolf, May 30, 2018.

1. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

If this is an adult or teen rated game will we actually have nudity for a change or will this be like BDO's western release where they got rid of all the nudity to cater to prudes?

revofire likes this.
  2. Meepy

Meepy Ascendant

Does it really matter?

If you want to see a naked pixel body that bad then just wait for the nude patch, they always make them

3. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

It does matter. Many of us are tired of watching games get get censored simply because some people believe that a handful of people that freak out at seeing a nipple represent all western gamers and ruining the game for the western release because of it. Blessed online is a perfect example. Missing quests, missing cutscenes, missing and changed mobs... its not so much about the nudity as to how badly games get damaged by the fear of showing the west nudity...

revofire likes this.
  4. Sera

Sera Guest

A "nipple" makes the a game for you ... wow... personally I am more interested in the game mechanics and the business model personally

Strider, Alyria, Jonah and 2 others like this.
  5. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

The nipple in and of itself doesn't make the game. Its pointless removal of the nipple (or anything else for that matter) either for a lower rating or because of this insultingly racist idea that all westerners are like the very tiny but vocal minority who freak out at the sight of nudity that can ruin the game. Game mechanics are important, business model is somewhat important but less so. For me the quality of the story, the immersion level of the world, is very important to me. If a port of a mmo to the west censors things so badly that they have to remove entire classes, quests, and cut scenes, and add ridiculously immersion breaking costumes to some mobs, that drastically breaks both the story and the immersion and my ability to enjoy the game.
    I'll happily put up with simply "Okay" mechanics if the story and immersion are good and the game is fun.
    Costumes that are are different than the eastern versions are simply insulting and somewhat sexist to boot because 99% of the time they only alter the female costumes, but if they aren't too extreme I can live with that.
    Nudity is not a must have for me, but if a game is censored to the point of absurdity for the western market that is a deal breaker, both because it ruins my enjoyment of the game as someone that values story and immersion and because it is incredibly insulting.

revofire likes this.
  6. AIice

AIice Ascendant

.................edit.........

Do you see people walking around naked on the streets? No, not even in games, I have never seen this unless by a mod or bug.

MMOs are mostly treated as "new real life", if it's not different from RL then what's the point? I never want my new real life to be created by some ............edit................

No personal attacks please, thank you
    - Praballo -

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
  7. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

Alice, that isn't what i was saying at all. I didn't say anything about wanting people to go naked down the streets, though actually where I live in the US that isn't uncommon.
    But people that go around telling others to die simply because they don't agree with others and/or are racists are far worse people than those that don't mind seeing nudity.

revofire and Erin like this.
  8. Erin

Erin Ascendant

@Alice
    Wow.... what an absurd and racist rant. Okay, so you have an obvious unhealthy psychological hang-up on nudity. Most of us do not. To go around telling people to die and using racist terms simply because you don't agree shows that you are a very repressed and unhinged person. Furthermore, as someone that works in law enforcement, I suggest you might want to curb that sort of behavior especially if you do it offline to people.

revofire, Sygiria and crawlord like this.
  9. Erin

Erin Ascendant

As someone that has played plenty of mmo's with nudity, (kobod,, Bless (JP region), Mortal, AoC, and CE to name a few), I personally wouldn't mind seeing nudity in A:ir especially if other regions have nudity. As a woman gamer I get rather tired of sexist idiots that think my showing skin is "oversesualizing" whether in life or in a game. For God's Sake, the human body is something beautiful to be celebrated not to be ashamed of!
    I will say I am 100% against censorship and if there is nudity in the other regions of A:ir and not in the western, I will most likely pass on it as censorship is a dealbreaker for me.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    revofire, Sygiria and crawlord like this.
  10. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

If nudity or sexyness are just some kind of fan service, it doesn't make sense. But if it is censorship only to follow some kind of SJW's taboo I'm fairly against censorship. I fed up with this kind of censorship. Body is what it is, body is natural, there's nothing to hide if it matches the storyline.
    Western countries pretend to be at the top of liberty, some kind of model and they are among the worst as soon as it comes to nudity (weirdly only in games) but there is no problem with blood or violence? Non-sense!

PS : (for Erin). We agree.

11. Erin

Erin Ascendant

I agree with most of that, except that most of western culture doesn't have issue with nudity. It's a small but very vocal and sometimes very political minority that do. Most of that minority is quieting down in Europe, and although most of the world seems to think the US is all full of prudes, while we may not be quite as exhibitionistic as some cultures, most of us aren't the prudes we are taken for either.

revofire likes this.
  12. Sera

Sera Guest

Very strange thread. Well hopefully by now you have had a chance to look at the concept-art, screen-shots, videos and have realised that as a steampunk inspired game the clothing is victorian inspired, which is anything but demure. Although judging by some posts here the sjws are those asking for nudity in a game that doesn't have it in it.

13. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

We don't ask nudity, we refuse it be censorship just to match the taboo of a minority. That's a bit different. In some other MMO's we can see rare but noisy people arguying about sexualized content when they find nothing to say when content is full of blood, violence or meet LGBTQ claimings. So... We just take the lead, some kind of warning.

revofire likes this.
  14. Sera

Sera Guest

Point out exactly what nudity in the AIR game you do not want censored. I.e. show a screenshot from the Korean CBTs that you would not want censored in the international release.

15. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

As we said, it is a warning, if this should happens. For now, we don't know.

But two facts :
    Asian mmo are used to be more sexualized than western ones.
    There always is a noisy minority against all kind sexyness in games (we saw that in FFXIV, in BDO, TERA or Bless have been censored)

So we take the lead to say it is out of question to accept censorship again.

revofire, Greeniewolf and crawlord like this.
  16. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

I simply asked if there was any, and stated that if there is, I don't care to see it censored out. I am not asking for it to be added if its not.
    I just hate censorship in general, and I also am tired of good and great games being made into bleh games "to appeal to western audiences." The censorship in the western version of bdo was barely tolerable but still aggravating and saddening, in some games it has been literally game breaking or at least immersion breaking.

revofire likes this.
  17. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Community Management A:IR Crew

What is considered modest, sexy, indecent or partial nudity lies often in the eye of the beholder and varies greatly between countries and cultures. A:IR is developed by a Korean company. This means you can expect Korean standards to be reflected in it's design. From the footage shown so far, it should be however clear that A:IR is not aiming to make nude skin a selling point of the game and characters start in not removable underwear during character creation.

Sygiria, Sera, crawlord and 3 others like this.
  18. Erin

Erin Ascendant

Is that true for the Korean version as well?

19. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Community Management A:IR Crew

I guess the elephant in the room is not nudity itself, but graphics that can be considered overly sexualized by western standards.
    As an example; I've seen BDO mentioned as an example for "censorship" and it left me slightly confused. All character models and costumes in BDO are exactly the same for Korea and NA/EU. The only exception I'm aware of is lingerie that comes in two selectable versions. Players of classes depicted as grown-up women (Valkyrie, Sorc, etc.) can choose between version A without and B with suspenders. The teenager like Tamer class has only the version without suspenders available. This version actually shows more skin but could be considered less sexy.

Korea has stricter laws when it comes to actual nudity than the Netherlands. So we do not expect to receive any content that needs covering up.
    BlueHole also consciously develops A:IR with eastern and western market equally in mind and is aiming to create a game that works for both region without visual alteration.

20. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

Well to make it simple, we just expect a PEGI 16 in asia staying PEGI 16 and not be censored to become PEGI 12 in western country. Especially when everybody know there are 8 years old children who play GTA... censorship for some kind of ecchi sounds like a ridiculous prudery. I don't see the PEGI for A:IR, does anyone know it?

PS : Now to be fair, Scarlet Blade was ridiculously ecchi, that's not what I ask. What I wish, is something similar to FFXIV or BDO (thought I don't see why FFXIV is PEGI 16 when AION or TERA are PEGI 12).

PS(2) & EDIT : I watched the costumes of BDO that have been censored -deleted- for western market. It is really disppointing. I want them!!!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    revofire, Erin and Greeniewolf like this.