What Sort Of Gameplay Can I Expect?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by MissBrainProblems, Jan 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MissBrainProblems

MissBrainProblems Ascendant

What it says on the tin. Specifically, I'm wondering:

Will there be a GCD system for combat, or will it be free-style? Tab-targeting combat, or free-target?

How strict will the trinity be with Mystic and Warlord? Will a tank and a healer be required for PvE content, or will they just be nice to have?

On that note, what can I expect out of PvE content? Will there be party-based dungeons? Will there be party-based raids? How many can I expect? Will PvE content have complex mechanics, or will it primarily be DPS/mitigation/heal checks?

Thanks for any and all responses.

CreativeX likes this.
  2. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

I can tell you PVE looks very challenging judging by mechanics.
    So you Will actually have to move around to not take damage.

It’s tab focused I’m pretty sure, with little to none action combat Which is the way i like it anyways.

And when you write GCD i guess you mean ”Global cooldown” Which im pretty sure every MMO has, so yes :)

I also believe its the original Holy trinity system But I can be wrong.

MissBrainProblems likes this.
  3. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

CM Praballo already mentioned that A:IR is currently in process of being heavily revamped so we don't even know if the gameplay will remain the same as seen before. That's the main reason why they're only communicating about housing and solo dungeons at the moment, those are the only features not too modified from their latest build to avoid spreading misinformation.

Basically they're still going to keep the Unreal Engine 3 but we can expect some important changes, maybe a transition from Tab-targeting to Free-aiming playstyle IMHO.

Regarding the PvE side of A:IR, I already saw a dungeon that required a group and more importantly a trinity. You actually had to pay attention and avoid AoE during a boss encounter at lvl 20 so the multiplayer aspect of the game is quite encouraging at first glance.

First KR CBT in December 2017.

CreativeX likes this.
  4. Reversal

Reversal Ascendant

As Laguna has already said, we can't answer your question because A:IR is being heavily revamped. The combat may be completely different once we finally see the beta build, and I agree with Laguna- I believe there is a strong possibility that the game will transition to non-targetting more action-based combat style, because the tab targeted combat was the most complained about feature in the previous betas.

5. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

With the recent news of the SEA version of A:IR managed by PlayPark, it's now obviously confirmed that A:IR is now adopting a Free-Aiming playstyle ! We were right :D

ㅤㅤㅤ and Kjjing like this.
  6. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

The gameplay is still the same it was in the early betas - fancier tab targeting with a couple of free aimed abilities, they just disabled the UI for the footage. You still can see a target selection/lock-in in elemantalist and gunner videos.

7. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

Regarding the way that warrior and assassin are moving I'm pretty sure melee classes can now fight without a proper targeting system, of course this wouldn't be balanced if range classes actually had to aim outside the use of AoE spells so it's nothing abnormal to me. A full Free-aiming playstyle cannot be done smoothly in the MMO genre, except if you're aiming for a TPS like Firefall did before.

8. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

To me it looks like the assassin and the warlord are just spamming their aoe abilities. But we will see in due time, I guess.

9. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

No, based on these videos, the game is still Tab-targeting for all the Classes. There are no "Free-aiming" on all of the Classes (only the Spin-to-Win of Warlord and Assassin and Whirlwind of Mystic require some aiming because it's an AOE and an AOE doesn't lock to a single target).
    There is nothing wrong with going for Tab-targeting Combat at all!

Let me correct you on that - it was the most complained feature from 'Westerners' (especially majority of Europeans). The Koreans didn't complained at all about the Avatar Combat being Tab-targeting. And FYI, we Asians (Southeast Asians and East Asians) prefer Tab-targeting Combat and would prefer this game to remain that way.
    The Subject in your statement is 'Westerners', not the general worldwide MMORPG audiences, just to make it clear! You talk as if you know Asian culture! The reason almost all AAA MMORPG Projects are being made by Asian Developers is because there are demands in Asia for MMORPGs (not like in the West where it is a niche). Second of all, our market for this genre is far larger and profitable than NA and EU combined. So which opinion matters more to say that it is the most complained feature?
    Do not put us Asians in the same category as you, especially in your region where MMORPGs are only a niche! It is you who keeps crying for Action-targeting Combat and Action-oriented / Skill-based gameplay on every single MMORPG! For you, the genre requires hybridization, for us, no, because it's not a niche in Asia!

And this is what most people are ignorant of! It cannot be done on a single Server without a lot of processing and calculations for a single Node. Tell me, can the game run that in a Massive Multiplayer Online scale without ever straining that Server? The Netcode and Server-Hardware themselves cannot handle that! They need to divide that work to multiple Server-Nodes aka Instancing the game, a single Server can only handle as much work!
    You want a completely authoritative Action-Combat system with complex Physics? - expect the game to be limited in scale! And the scale of this game is already a joke for a Massive Multiplayer Online! This game is worse than Revelation Online!

Keep crying for more workload in the expense of reducing the scale of this MMO, alright! As if you imbeciles understand the technicalities! I know somebody here who is crying for similar Targeting and Pace of Combat to Ace Combat 7, a limited Multiplayer game with 8 Player Free-for-All and 4 vs 4 Deathmatch. The difference here is the amount of Players per Server, more Players means more work for the Server to simulate given if the Combat-design are the same. This is a matter of Server-Hardware! This is an MMO, what the **** did you people expect? The Open World of this game is already Instanced (broken in to multiple Server-Nodes) because we have True Action-targeting for the Vehicles and the game still lags (those Servers are still not Optimized despite all the Phasings)!

You people worry more about the Combat, which already look good enough in terms of the Targeting, than the scale and Instancing of this game which look awfully bad for an MMO and you paid no attention to? Perhaps you people do not have the ability to perceive the difference between a Multiplayer Online and Massive Multiplayer Online to be blind to scales and Instances?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  10. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

Peut-être est-ce un mélange des deux, nous verrons bien.
    J'avais adoré le combat action de Tera, un des meilleurs à mes yeux et je trouve dommage que les MMORPG sortis après, ne s’en soient pas plus inspirés. En même temps j'avais beaucoup apprécié celui d'Archeage au ciblage classique, alors si le système de combat est bien réalisé, qu'il soit action ou Tab-target ne me dérange pas vraiment. L’essentiel est que cela ne devienne pas une bouillie visuelle à plus de dix joueurs.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  11. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

There truely is something wrong with you Eternal.
    I thought you would have learned by now after me and countless people have told you MULTIPLE TIMES to stop this sh*t you are doing.

You went from insanely long useless posts to now BASHING people because they do not understand all technicalities behind MMOs and the server load.
    You somehow EXPECT everyone here to have studied everything about MMOs technical stuff.

Reality check: Not everyone cares or wastes as much useless time as ur paretic life to know everything about MMOs.

Most NORMAL people just wants to play the fu*king game.

I dont know why I’m writing this to you even, clearly everyones comments to you have flew right past ur thick skull.

Ur an unlikeable asshole who have no normal social competense or awareness about how most peoples knowledge are about the technical side of MMOs.

It is limited.

And calling us imbecil just shows how clueless you are.
    Just as clueless as you think we are about this MMO stuff, so how about you worry about ur REAL life instead of a fantasy world.

Im done with you now.
    Stop beeing so mean for no freaking reason, noone ever said anything mean to you and all u do is act like an idiot.

Again I am reporting you for bashing people.
    I hope you get suspenderas now because you clearly deserve it.

Im done...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  12. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

By "normal", I would have to assume that you meant Casual Players, because to you, dedicating too much to a game in the expense of social-life is abnormal. Concerning Player playstyle, there are only 2 extreme points in the spectrum - that would be Hardcore and Casual playstyles. We should use those terminologies instead because social-life is outside of our discussion here (this is a specific MMORPG game forum). As far as that goes, it doesn't concern this forum.

Now, let's talk about my playstyle - I am a Hardcore MMORPG gamer. What I'm looking for in an MMORPG is a proper framework that will provide for competitive environment and open network. But sure, you cannot understand that simple sentence, so I may have to elaborate. This is an MMO, not a Single-Player game - PVE, PVP, no matter how you look at it, the game has a dynamic system where Players have to compete against each other for Progression and Status. This environment, I want it to be unrestricted and robust. Human Network must be open as well interconnecting Players for interraction. That is what you call a proper PVP MMO! Would you do business in a country that is ranked poorly in Global Competitiveness Index? The answer is no because of the environment - the same goes for this game, if it doesn't provide for proper PVP system and open social-interraction, it is a waste of my time. Some things to consider are the concept of Risk vs Reward, Gain, Loss, Factors, Decision-making, Value, Logistics, and Trading. Tell me, lacking on these, are you ever gonna immerse Players to participate in your PVP with this kind of environment? It matters a lot, so I want them to work on that. And another thing I would like to suggest is to integrate PVE and PVP for PVP end goals (PVE will serve as a mean goal such as Farming for Resources so you can inject them to PVP which is the end goal and will always be in a game that is not a Single-Player).

I do not play an MMO, where for me and people alike, requires long-term investment and dedication, on a game that do not have a proper framework! To me, the structure of the game and it's Contents are vital to be appropriate with nothing external breaking this internal system such as Pay-to-Progress, Pay-to-Win, whatever you call them. The Contents and Progression also need to be meaningful with process and not Instant-gratification. For you and people alike, it doesn't matter, for me and people alike, it's a persistent and dynamic competitive hobby that requires long-term attention. We expect depth to the system, not a linear system which takes away strategic decision-making and use of intellect (if everything is vertical and uniform, what are you gonna choose from? Nothing! There is no other options!).

You do not play multiple MMOs, you play only a single MMO, and this is why the quality of it matters. You do not sink and continue to sink time and effort in to something that is not worth it to you in the long-term. An MMO is a long-term hobby, if you do not enjoy the activity from a certain MMO, it would be irrational to continue playing it regularly.

"Most NORMAL people just wants to play the fu*king game."

True,

1.) because you will not be here for long-term, you will jump ships the moment the next-big-thing comes out regardless if it's inferior or superior.

2.) because MMO (a genre that requires the most dedication) is only a tiny leisure activity to you and not a hobby.

3.) because you also played the previous MMOs that came before regardless of their quality and are you still playing them now to say that quality doesn't matter?

4.) because if quality doesn't matter to you, why aren't you playing the existing MMOs and stay in one of them?

And look whose opinions here are being valued the most by the Devs! If there's anyone here who cares about the success of this game, it is no other than myself and people alike! This is the MMO genre, I know the commitments this genre requires, and if this MMO caters to people who do not have any understanding of that and what the genre is, then this game have betrayed the genre for a different audience! For an MMO, a game requires quality in order to succeed and continue to remain persistent.

1.) Who here has been vying for quality and criticize anything that is not?

2.) Who here has been vying to stay true to the genre and criticize anything that is not?

It is no other here but myself and people alike! And if this game doesn't do these 2 things, it doesn't succeed and it will be another addition to the existing predecessors!

You cannot remove the sentiments that I have, that one of the reason for the downfall of this genre is the saturated audience and catering to the majority Casuals who can care less about this genre! The Hardcores are willing to pay Mandatory Periodic Subscriptions just for an MMO to remain quality and without breaking the system of the game by external influence. That's not the kind of mindset that you have, because to you, playing the game whenever you like is all that matters regardless of the state of the game and it's gameplay! Look at how many of you are crying for Free-to-Play and Buy-to-Play with no Sub that you criticize any MMO that goes for Sub-Model!

I'm also done talking here!

13. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

You cant fix him, just ignore. Dont feed the trolles