What i wanna know

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Sycogenesis, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Sycogenesis

Sycogenesis Ascendant

1. Do we have a buisness model for NA?
    2. What kind of combat is there to choose from
    3. Is there phasing like in Bless
    4. What is the pvp ruleset like
    5. are their any animal races planned or just sticking to humans?

2. Israh

Israh Ascendant

1. Not yet
    2. Tab targeting on foot, action mode on fly.
    3. Dunno
    4. Currently not sure, they wanna satisfy both the eastern and western audiences
    5. Pls no

All the answers are from the search feature. Use it, next time :)

3. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Its not exactly Tab-Targeting. Its kind of Hubrid, You're locking the target with tab but the soft targeting you're making automatic, facing the target. Something similar to GW2.

4. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

Have you played on the CBT?

5. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

No I have not.

6. Shion

Shion Ascendant

I really hope, that A:IR business model will be the same as in Korea.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  7. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

My preference would be for either a subscription based model or a purchase to play model with only cosmetic items available for consumption.

Crystal likes this.
  8. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I'm happy to see that the desire for the subscription model is surfacing again within the overall MMO community. I believe this is the best model for a few reasons.

• It provides the developers a consistent line of revenue to place back in the game. The more successful the game, the more resources the developers can have at their disposal. (Adding to the team, time to implement new flavor items, develop extra content etc.)
    • It eliminates the need for a cash shop : They can give common customization cash shop items (costumes, skins, different bags with different levels of inventory space, etc) to the crafters which ultimately plays into the player economy.
    • The "Cash Shop" could be reserved for account services like server transfers, character name changes, etc.
    The list can go on if I didn't have to skidaddle back to work. But, in my opinion the subscription model is the best for the longevity of the game.

Arthenics, Crystal and Vampiric like this.
  9. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

I would agree with all of that save for I personally do not take issue if a subscription based model has cosmetic items in the cash shop so long as a reasonable amount of cash shop currency is included with the subscription every month.

Arthenics likes this.
  10. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I can agree with you there. I don't mind some being behind a paywall. I've seen MMOs in the past successfully do both. But player economy is something I always champion, so putting flair items into the hands of the players to sell (without buying from the cash shop) was always appealing to me.

Know what I mean?

P.s. Also, what I think you are describing is a model popular with "Premium Membership" plans. I don't know of a true sub model (where you can't play without a sub) that offers cash shop currency with the monthly payout.

Crystal and Vampiric like this.
  11. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

I believe that elder scrolls online did such before they changed their model but I could be mistaken. Alas a game that started out so well and was ruined by it's own development team within two years.

12. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

It would make sense because I never played ESO :D

13. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

Unfortunatly when you see FFXIV cashshop... seasonal event items that end in it, character lock, special cashshop items, I'm not sure that subscription secure things. And this to say nothing about the additonnal retainers service.

14. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Right . . . that always irk'd me. I would much prefer they release seasonal items like that as crafting recipes for the crafters to make. Yeah, they could require RARE materials, but at least it wouldn't be behind a paywall. Or, perhaps, have both options available. People who want to pay real money can buy and those who want to pay the crafters can do so in game . . . contributing to the game economy.

I feel like that would be a good compromise. Looking at the FFXIV cash shop you could still have emotes, service items, and other things available there if you really wanted a cash shop.

Ultimately, is there a game that has cash shops perfectly implemented yet to make everyone happy? I don't 100% believe so, but there is room there for everyone to find a happy point imo.

Erin likes this.
  15. Erin

Erin Ascendant

I liked ESO's cash shop when it first came out. Most of the Final Fantasy MMO's not so much. Also I would prefer not to have emotes behind a paywall. That always irks me and strikes me as both petty disdain of RPers and a cash grab.

Arthenics likes this.
  16. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Don't get me wrong. I would prefer no cash shop and all items obtained through crafting, quests, and other in game ways. I think there should just be an accounts service page for account related items. . . BUT if there was going to be a cash shop I would prefer only a couple (low priced) items in there.

I guess we will have to see what the Devs and the Publisher decide on.

Erin and Arthenics like this.
  17. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

Well, in FFXIV, I would change two things (the ones that makes that I currently refuse the purchase anything) :
    drop the chracter lock (in other words, make them account wide)
    make seasonal event items coming back in game at least every two years with the npc (if you have subscription active, it is fair to be able to get items related to the event, even the past ones).

About rare materials, seeing how it currently works to make people play some contents... hum... I play my joker. XD

Erin and Alyria like this.
  18. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

100% agree on your thoughts about the character lock for items from the cash shop. I personally don't purchase anything from the cash shop if it is character bound.

Please Kakao and Bluehole, no character bound items :rolleyes:

Erin likes this.
  19. Erin

Erin Ascendant

100% agree.

20. Israh

Israh Ascendant

I'm OK with account bound for cash-shop items (no character bound).