Translation of Runestones

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Sera, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Sera

Sera Guest

Translated from data collected during Kr CBT-1/2.

Runestones are away of enchanting your equipment, and work in a very similar way to the "crystals" of TERA. Equipment and weapons have slots into which runestones can be equipped, and there are no restrictions on where runestone can be fitted (i.e. no weapon/armour specific runestones). Gear/equipment slots can be accessed by placing the mouse over the piece of equipment and "shift+right-click". Runestones can then be dragged into a free slot or removed by "clicking" and dragging the runestone into (or out of) your inventory. Some equipment has the option to open additional runestone slots, these slots are opened using a comsumable Expander Stone (available through quest rewards).

[​IMG]

There are 6 types of runestones available, each runestone has 9 Tiers, where each higher tier offers a larger bonus to the specific stat.

[​IMG]

Runestones are available as some quest rewards, as random mob drops, and through the gambling boxes from the "shady dealer". Three runestones of the same type and tier can be combined to produce one runestone of the next highest tier. Although note this does consume a large amount of in game cash.

[​IMG]

Edited: to include observations from @Squirrel

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2018
    SirWallace, Wynnter and Crisco like this.
  2. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

@Sera I'm curious about the green one, because i'm 99% sure when I equipped it it increased my overall DPS as well, so maybe it also increases attack speed as well?

3. Sera

Sera Guest

I would doubt it, but it's not impossible . The description on the runestone data sheet literaly translates as acceleration, specifically the form of acceleration as in the sentence "the car accelerates away". Idioms in Korean are hard to distinguish (particular when write as an off hand remark), although in this case the description is just one word "accelerate"/

4. Sera

Sera Guest

[​IMG]

This is the screen shot.

Where as Attack speed is described in the game as:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
    ShmemSolid likes this.
  5. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

But then why would it increase your attack score?

6. Sera

Sera Guest

That's why I said "I doubt it" it would increase your DPS. Because they use a distinct spelling for "attack speed" that is different from the word used in the stone discriptor. But not impossible as using one word in the discribtion for the runestone is rather ambiguous.

7. Freelancer

Freelancer Ascendant

IT
    This was a fun post to read, thanks.

Sera likes this.