Teaser - Vulpin & Ontari

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Richter, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

oh oke,whatever i hope they work on animations if classes,effects skills,becase really looks so bad and ugly :(!!

2. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Ascendant

Not a fan of factions, The guys making this game know that Factionless Battle Royal games are how we play games in this day of age right?
    Not sure what is taking them so long to make this game when the hardest part is getting the art and assets and building a fluid combat system.

3. Aimée

Aimée Ascendant

Definitely prefer i that way, more opportunity to meet people and larger percentage of people to play with overall

4. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Not everyone enjoys Battle Royals. Just look at the community backlash in the Ashes of Creation community over their BR.

Seth Fletcher likes this.
  5. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

ashes of creation BR is mode not mmo,mmo coming early 2020 realase,so first test in summer,BR is only test for combat system!!

6. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Hence the backlash.

7. Yoruki

Yoruki Ascendant

I love these factions! So much more balanced and avoids the "empire" vs "rebels" we usually see everywhere.

Easy choice for me though, vulpin all the way! Love me dem potato farmers and anything water related!

8. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I would lean Vulpin too . . . because well . . . wolves. . . and blue . . . Yeah, I think that will be my choice. *sage nod*

9. Necrit

Necrit Ascendant

Sooo hyped guys to play this Game, i Hope too enjoy together!!

Mykosiranks likes this.
  10. Fox

Fox Ascendant

Not a gigantic surprise as to which I'll be choosing; thanks for the write-up [:

11. Vyktor

Vyktor Ascendant

Technician
    I'll go for the Mining/Forester path, More a Miner or a Lumberjack than a Farmer! (And terribly bad in fights...)

12. Necrit

Necrit Ascendant

Ontari guys i see u all in th!!! :p

AsianBadger likes this.
  13. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Vulpin FTW!

14. Damien Omen

Damien Omen Ascendant

BR games are for kids and Ninja groupies. There are plenty of social media if you want to "make friend". In an MMORPG I want to fight against a rival faction. The ONLY way I can see it being factionless is if they make it like old school Tera and make all areas that isn't a camp, town, or city a flagged PvP zone.

15. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

As someone who enjoys both aspects of MMORPGs (PVE and PVP), I got to say that I dislike PVP MMOs that have default Faction vs Faction System like Bless Online's Heiron vs Union, WoW's Alliance vs Horde, etc.

If you really desire 'true' PVP, you will seek a system where the game itself will allow Players to form organizations; settle politics, conflict, association, etc.; all of these without a Faction vs Faction System where the existing organizations and narrative of the PVP already exist in the game and create linear PVP gameplay. You want a PVP System that is emergent where the Players themselves create the dynamics, not a linear one where the game has predetermined conflicting Factions to choose from.

That is my problem with such PVP System -- the dynamics is so limited that I think a game with a Faction vs Faction System has been designed the way it is to simplify the PVP where the Players no longer necessarily have to interact with each other to form the dynamics, the game simply have a default one. You will choose your Faction directly from the Character Creation and all your PVP activities (such as who you will be associated with and who you will be conflicting with) will be determined by it. It's a dumb-*ss PVP system!

You cannot have a PVP MMO that is dynamically driven by the playerbase with a Faction vs Faction System in place! The Faction vs Faction System already made the PVP linear and simple specifically designed for people who cannot operate through Player-to-Player interaction.

First, the PVE is already linear, and now the PVP as well? How dumb can this MMO get that a monkey can actually play this game?

Vyktor likes this.
  16. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Here, you just stated 2 scenarios: the former is a linear PVP System, the later is a dynamically playerbase driven PVP system.

So let me ask you this question: which would you rather prefer? I know you already said you want the linear one, but I'll give you the opportunity to think again.

The objective of PVP is for you as a Player to compete for status -- that's all it is! There are only 2 ways other Players can influence your status: they can lift you up or pull you down. When you climb up, you pull other people down. When someone is the best and you replaced them, you pulled down their status.
    To better achieve things in PVP, you need to connect with other people. You are working with them to attain common goals or to trade leverage -- that's all there is to it.
    You are independent of your organization. If you are bolstering your organization, you are doing it to bolster yourself in return.

Some people do not realize these because they are stupid, but that's all there is to it. A PVP MMO is a game of status for individuals. If your thoughts are different, then you are not thinking objectively!

We all have our own individual interest and we all have stake in something. My main interest is not my Faction which is not a conscious entity -- to say that it is, means this game is treating me like a stupid person!

To forever place you under a certain Faction means this game have no distinction between personal interest and stake. This is a PVP MMO for people who are stupid!

17. Vyktor

Vyktor Ascendant

Technician
    I agree that a MMO without "NPC Organisation/Factions" that the player can join (It can have some Royal gards, Kingdoms, etc... But the player isn't a "part" of it, only in the Mercenary/Adventurer way) Is far better. To force the players mass to create their own Guild/Alliance/Corp... and fight against other players for resources, success, Boss, Territories, Is far more free in therm of Game politic and freeing the player from the "Kill the [color] only" way...

More interesting for the player who want to discover and create his own path, and he can choose his ally (and in some way, his enemy too :) )

18. Selhaizea

Selhaizea Ascendant

Well both look cool but ❤ Vulpin.

19. xDragONx

xDragONx Ascendant

Gamer
    As I understand they do not give any differences!?

20. kent jason basalan

kent jason basalan Ascendant

is it region lock?