Teaser - Snapshots Part 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@Quin Tessence I played Bless Online as well during Early Access but quitted because of the state of that game and uncertainty of it's Devs. Probably the most unbearable aspect of that game for me is it's Combat. It's Combat is entirely different from and is the worst of all regional versions of Bless. The cause of it's terrible Combat design is the unnecessary over-complication of the Combat System to the degree that it is intrusive to the gameplay. The Combat is designed to be "rhythmic" meaning it already has a systematically arranged Skill System in particular patterns that you repeat at regular intervals. The person who designed this Combat (which is the person named 송일마) is a retarded idiot! Being musically inclined myself instrumentally with technical understanding of music such as notes and time signatures, I find such Combat design a shear joke! Rather than design it "situational" by allowing more freedom of control, rather than design the Skill System to be "customizable" and "unique" to users, they chose to design it to be "rhythmic" in an environment with events that can occur in persistent frames per second in which require a player response (an input). This Combat design is flawed, and guess what.... Bless Unleashed is gonna have the same design of Combat in terms of concept. It's literally the same thing, following a combo is rhythmic, that is their genius idea of a good Combat design in a setting that defies it.
    Neowiz, Round8 Studio, and their Bless IP deserves none of my attention and chance. It's natural for us to make mistakes, but it is inhumane for us to not learn from these experiences and carry proper implementations based on knowledge which are acquired through experiences. 10 wretched years have you cowered on the same island! Did you know that my English vastly improved compared to 10 years ago when I was required to take ESL-classes and that is only a minor of my accomplishments from that timeline, and you accomplished almost nothing in the same time-frame! How ridiculous in an ever-changing world, in a world that you dynamically interact with, that almost nothing changed in your conception!
    It's a whole new world! There are so much anomalies surrounding this game and company that I could never relate to!
    My head is already broken right now, don't break it even more with these inscrutable nonsense!

Quin Tessence likes this.
  2. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

A dynamic environment requires a dynamic control, not rhythmic, combo-based, nor rotational control. When designing a Combat System, they better think well on how to design it properly. An "engaging" combat doesn't mean over-complication of combat, it means it is engaging in both environment events (output) and combat control (input) that works interchangeably. We want an engaging combat, but we don't want unnecessary mechanics thrown to the combat just to add complications to it. How are you going to react dynamically when you are limiting the dynamic of the control? Is that what you call "engaging"?
    This is not my only concern with this game A:IR, I am also aware of instance-based and session-based issues. If they continue to head that route, they will lose me as a potential player.

3. Avelina

Avelina Ascendant

This looks so beautiful. I'm glad this is still alive.

4. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Let me just add this; Bless Online also has a Stance System that has a cooldown and benefits to switching Stance such as increase %Damage, increase Elements, etc. making Stance Dancing necessary. Certain Skills(which are locked on a Combo) are also locked on a specific Stance.
    It is mechanics like these that makes Combat Controls very intrusive and less dynamic. It adds engagement to the Combat Controls(player input) in an unnecessary way, the controls loses dynamics. They should add more engagement to the environment events(environment output) in terms of mechanics in the environment or so, making the players respond to those events more engagingly, and therefore adding more engagement to the input (combat control) in a necessary and dynamic way.
    You should not over-complicate the Combat Control making it un-dynamic and restrictive. The combat should be dynamic to allow for strategic gameplay in response to environment events(output).

You want more engagement? Put it on the environment events(output) and not by complicating the controls(input) because you will make it un-dynamic because it is restrictive. The more engaging the environment events(output) are, will make you engage more in input in response to that more engaging events. Simple as that!

The Combat of Bless Online failed, not because it's Tab-Targeting, not because it's not fast-paced enough, it's because it's so unnecessarily restrictive and complicated in terms of combat mechanics and therefore intrusive and un-dynamic, with camera clipping with collision objects that often happens inside dungeons and housing structures.

It's how you design it from the core, before you start the work, you have to prototype the work, and you chose to design it like this so you have no excuse! You made the decision from the beginning to design the combat like this! What kind of crack did you smoked to come up with a "rhythmic" combat? The environment is not rythmic, it is dynamic, what kind of response do you expect to a dynamic environment events? You people from Neowiz are worse than self-taught programmers, you have no understanding of programming concepts to have come up with a combat design like this in the first place! Totally incompetent!

5. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

The still images look great! But part of me has this nagging suspicion that there is post editing on them. Maybe I’ve been burned one to many times in the past. Along with these snapshots I would love to see a “game graphics” pan of the area in action.

6. d3smike

d3smike Ascendant

I've really been looking for a new game to play and pour hours into and I think I might've found it XD

CreativeX likes this.
  7. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Then welcome to the wait! We've been advised we should receive an update or announcement "SOONtm", but for now we are just standing by until the devs decide to share what they have been working on.

Nagule likes this.
  8. mike dao

mike dao Ascendant

I cant wait for this game to come out

Nagule likes this.
  9. Nagule

Nagule Ascendant

I don't understand why so many secrets !?

10. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

It’s not secrets, the forum manager just needs to get the approach to post some updates What is going on before he can do anything.
    And since its overgoing a ”big” overhaul atm They probably need to rework alot if stuff that was basically finished.

11. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Using the word "probably" means you are here again predicting! What did I tell you before about probability and the event/s (cause/s) that have to take place in order to complete the sequence leading to another event (the effect)? Understand that there is causality behind this! You are looking at a completely different consequence here, one where a different condition is currently and already the case in the asymmetry of time. Time is asymmetric (it means it's irreversible and unidirectional) for a reason that a cause precedes it's effect.

You asked me before about sufficient information when in fact you don't even know that it has no correlation whatsoever to probability! Sufficient information means the completion of the sequence already leading to the effect! Sufficient information is certain, it is the effect! Probability means 'estimating', 'predicting', 'guessing'. Tell me, do these words rhyme with "certainty"? There is no such thing as sufficient information when it comes to predictions! You are considering the entire consequent event as actual event that already took place, I am considering contemporary and previous events to predict what will be the next subsequent event that can be further used to predict if the given consequent event will be true or not.

The point is, this is logical and I don't see a reason why you people cannot be any logical with your expectations! Certainly, you don't even know the process!

You're expectations are too high for you to think that they will expand this game horizontally outside of it's marketing-influenced design! (if they do that, they have to vertically expand them as well. Tell me, what is the probability that Bluehole will do that?) This game is being developed vertically of it's marketing-influenced design! These are my accurate predictions!
    A:IR is already being advertised as an MMORPG with emphasis on PvP, RvR, and Vehicle-to-Vehicle Combat with Action-targetting of Armaments. It's already been written in the stars that Levelling to End-Game will not be a part of the Progression-System but a Tutorial for Players to learn in-game Mechanics, Systems, and Controls & UI's, the game begins at End-Game and the game is PvP-centric!
    You are expecting something completely different from what they already advertised! All Bluehole-MMORPG's are like this, what makes you think that this will be different to their steady strategy? What they advertised is what you will get! (this includes the Demo gameplay! Do you even know the purpose of a Demo? It's to 'demonstrate' the product! What you saw, is the marketing-design of the game! If that is what they want to market it, nothing much will be changed horizontally unless they are willing to completely change their marketing plan!)

When you people first heard that there are "overhauls" that are being done to the game, you begin to think too much outside of the logic! Let me tell you again! - What they are advertising this game for, is what you will get and what they are working on! Tell me, does it make it any sense for them to work on something that are different to their marketing plan for this game? These are questions that you never asked! Instead, you ask them questions and you expect what you want to hear!

12. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

For the last time, we all here on the forums can do the ”maths” too and see that AIR, and Bluehold has a high chance of failing too, but if there is a small chance the game can turn out the better we will stay on the forums untill the game is out.

There. I just wrote ur whole novel (ur entire, useless post) in a sentence.

And because i see you writing these long posts all over the forum that just makes you look, well...

I say it again, noone cares about your post, telling us everywhere on the forum that basically AIR Will fail.
    If the game fails, it failes.
    We wont cry and come back to the forums to write in ur inbox, saying ”oh god you were right, spare us)

And i think about everyone have made the thoughts like you, that the game have a ”high” chance of failing” because Bluehold etc.

We get it, stop spamming the freaking forums with ur long, non related to anything about AIR comments.

Just useless comments spamming the forums
    and never sticking to the TOPIC of the thread.

SeBright, Kailis, Zet and 3 others like this.
  13. xDragONx

xDragONx Ascendant

Gamer
    Oooh .... There will be races!?!?