Teaser - Snapshots Part 1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Sep 27, 2018.

1. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Community Management A:IR Crew

Greetings Ascendants,

The internal build of A:IR has seen many changes over the last few months and although the developers are still working hard to get more improvements in, we want to show you some snapshots taken from the latest version.

We are fully aware that many of you are very eager to get a firsthand glimpse on A:IR, and we would like to apologize for keeping you waiting. It will unfortunately still take a while until we have a proper Beta version ready for testing.

But for now, enjoy the previews!

Orbis Archipelago Ship Graveyard

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-OrbisIsle-ShipGraveyard-screenshot-1.jpg
    The Ship Graveyard is a Floating Island where the remnants of crashed airships which set sail to avoid the catastrophe are gathered at.
    There are no people permanently settled on Orbis Archipelago because it is very dry and water is difficult to find. However, there are a few scrap metal collectors, who are active in the area in search for airship parts.

Nousgard Morning Sun Floating Island

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Nousgard-아침해부유도-screenshot-1.jpg

Morning Sun Floating Island is a small floating island located near Nousgard. This is a place where many humans have gathered and founded a small town.

Harth Housing Area

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-screenshot-1.jpg

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Customization-screenshot-4.jpg

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Customization-screenshot-2.jpg
    There are individual housing areas located throughout the Harth region and ascendants can move into an empty house after spending some gold.
    The Housing Area is convenient located with easy access to the Hunting Zone. You can of course, decorate your own space according to your personal taste and invite friends to visit your personal place.

The Arena

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-투기장-screenshot-1.jpg

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-투기장-screenshot-3.jpg
    A:IR offers a variety of PvP activities and this screenshot gives a glimpse at the arena.
    The Arena is a special area where players can duel. There will be no distractions from roaming monsters and you can engage in 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 fights.
    Stay tuned for more information on PvP game modes, challenges and rewards!

Sunsetville Outskirts - Defense Mission

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Inventus-screenshot-2.jpg

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Dungeon-SunsetvilleOutskirtsDefense-screenshot-3.jpg

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Dungeon-SunsetvilleOutskirtsDefense-screenshot-1.jpg

The Sunsetville Outskirts Defense is the first official Expedition Crew mission for any Child of Star who has become an adult. You must ride the airship and check if there are any issues in the skies of the outskirts of Sunsetville. The airship is equipped with a powerful machine gun. Use the machine gun to fight off the enemies who are threatening Sunsetville.
    The final Boss can then be found on one of the small islands and needs to be defeated without the help of the handy board cannon.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Rosehj, Nupy, SerenityAO and 7 others like this.
  2. Dislaik

Dislaik Ascendant

3. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

Question from someone who played the last KR test phase: Have you guys worked on the end game content? Is there engaging content to do after reaching 'max level'?

4. Winterpeach

Winterpeach Ascendant

Thanks for sharing!

5. CachaceirO

CachaceirO Ascendant

Please release more news once a week

6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Such awaited update about the game is what I've been long waiting for! Here are my impressions:
    The game is beautifully designed and designed in detailed manner unlike Bless Online. The environment doesn't look barren and empty unlike Bless Online, the environment is beautiful! This graphical aspect that is done very well makes the game feel visually immersive. The only thing missing in immersion aspect is interaction (interaction in the Open World like Life Skills, etc.), I know you cannot demonstrate this with screenshots, but this is what I want to see in-game and done to depth the way you did with visuals.
    I can't really judge much because screenshots can only provide limited details about the game, I can say that it looks visually immersive (this is not a game that looks bland like Bless, a lot of details is put to the visual design).

All I can say ahead now is to not make this game heavily based in Instances and Sessions, if possible, minimize them. The game must offer grind (you cannot deny the success of Black Desert Online! Grinding, while not an instant experience, provides rewarding experience because you can associate what you grinded for with value. Let me ask you, which kind of experience would you rather have because instant is evident to not work?).

I have no problems with your Combat before (I don't know if you are reworking it or not), but it's very simple what I want to see, I want complete control with the character and a combat that is situational with regards to strategic, not just reactionary. The Combat that you had before is actually not bad, it wasn't rotational button-ashing crap, you actually had to wait for cooldown (the problem with typical Action Combat, is if a skill is in cooldown, you need to keep using another available skills until the cooldown is done. So to play optimally, you follow a rotation. That system that we continue to clone is just tiring! Why not just make the combat situational? This is giving full control of the character to act on the situation). So your Combat before is better than typical Action Combat, I don't care if it's kind of slow (I am actually in favor of that pace).

This is a nice start! All I can say is do everything in your power to make this game successful, the design of the game and it's contents is what makes up a game mainly, qualitatively design them like Black Desert and it is bound for the same success. I don't want this game to fail, more or so, I want it to succeed!

I am the type to do research on all aspects of the game before I judge it completely. This A:IR will get it's chance just like all games. Bless was already deemed unworthy to me but I still bought it because of desperation (I took a chance with that game, I already knew it's bad). I will not get Bless Unleashed because of it's Combo-based Combat, it's just intrusive and non-situational. Even if everything in Unleashed turned good, the Combat is a major turn off to me (I already tried something similar to it, Bless Online is one of it, and I just don't like it). So if they are keeping that Combat, Unleashed already failed to me because I know that I cannot put up with it's Combat.

Good luck and I can't wait for more news. I will see the whole game before I judge it completely, I am that type.

7. Stricken

Stricken Ascendant

Finally atleast some news!

Quin Tessence and Another like this.
  8. Dislaik

Dislaik Ascendant

I have a question, the combat will be like Black Desert Online?
    because, that game has a very exotic combat system, better that combat target

9. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Oh don't worry... just give me access to the internal technical alpha... :p I will handle it XD

Another likes this.
  10. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Ascendant

Better to take your time and do a good job.
    There is literally no such thing as an Air based MMO

11. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

Merci pour la new, c'est vraiment magnifique ! J’espère qu'on va avoir un peu plus de détails les prochaines semaines. ;)

12. Stabby

Stabby Ascendant

Being your dad
    Wow looks really good. Can't wait to see the game when its in beta and more content is added.

13. Stabby

Stabby Ascendant

Being your dad
    Really hope we get more updates soon. im just happy this game is still alive
    [​IMG]

14. WellAdjusted

WellAdjusted Ascendant

Really enjoyed the screenshots! Thanks for sharing!

I hope that those few demanding, entitled, and conceited forum-users aren't demoralizing your team in any way.

Looking forward to your next set of teasers!

15. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    SoonTM

But still looks good

16. Belmor

Belmor Ascendant

I hope you do not have high ping for Brazilian players.

17. Nupy

Nupy Ascendant

Love the snapshots, still excited!!! :)

18. Meotam

Meotam Ascendant

19. Meotam

Meotam Ascendant

I am so hyped of this game!!!! :)

20. Stev

Stev Ascendant

With my Suggar Daddy
    This game has so much potential like ugh please