Teaser - Residence Part 1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Stev

Stev Ascendant

With my Suggar Daddy
    Looks stunning tbh can't wait for more informations about the release date etc..

2. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

The first problem that I instantly see when I look at this game, is it feels more and looks more as a Moba or a Battle Royale game, so much more than as an MMORPG! This game could not even barely resemble an MMORPG, I can tell you that!

Modern MMORPGs today are capitalizing more on delivering Action-aspects on the gameplay, putting aside the RPG-aspects which require more time and intellect. Developers today want to make their MMORPGs so much more "accessible", "simple", "session-based" (just like session-based games like Battle Royales, Multiplayer Shooter games, etc.), and "Instant" experience.

You have to understand that an MMORPG is a genre itself, even if it's a niche!
    Not all MMORPGs are and necessarily needs to be "Action" MMORPGs!
    Not all MMORPGs mandatorily need to have Action-targeting Combat!
    Not all MMORPGs need to copy WoW and be a Themepark!
    Not all MMORPGs need to have Reactive Combat alone and have no Strategic because the Skill System have no Dynamics because you locked everything to Cooldowns!
    Not all MMORPGs should have rotation-based, rythmic-based, combo-based Combat that you locked to Cooldowns instead of locking the Skills to Casting-times (with no Animation-Lock) and Resources (MP, Potions with no Cooldowns but takes time to consume, etc.)!
    Not all MMORPGs mandatorily need to have Raids (which are Instanced and a World-of-Warcraft-thing)!
    Not all MMORPGs need to have just Vertical Progression (Gearscore-based, iLevel-based, etc.) with no Horizontality!

You are putting too much efforts on the 'Action', yet this game have no RPG-elements to show such as Depth of Contents and rich RPG Gameplay Systems, I haven't even mentioned yet the Experiences that they are supposed to be delivering overall aside from just Instant experience!

When Developers stopped respecting the Genre more than a decade ago because it is a niche, is when the genre started to wither!
    We have a saying in Chinese - ”等到花儿都谢了“ - it means "having waited forever" (literally, "having waited until flowers have all withered").
    That is what you fools are currently doing! In this case, the flowers are already withering and the only thing you are doing is waiting for it to completely wither! You are waiting for nothing! Another year will pass, the hands of the clock will continue to turn, and you are crying here like you are waiting for a girl!

If RvR and Vehicle-to-Vehicle Combat are all this game will deliver, it will be failure to this genre! Like I already said, this game is already akin to Battle Royales (Session-based meaning time-gated, Instanced-based, Vertical Progression, Instant experience, PVP-based, and now the lack of RPG-aspects!)!

3. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Allow me to teach you some foreign proverbs that I know! (1 girl here already knows this language! I will teach her her own language just to point out the general!)

"Daig ng maagap ang masipag!" = Literally: "it's better to be prompt than to be diligent!" (meaning: A smart person should be able to think ahead and act ahead, and not just conduct actions! - It's called being "proactive"!)

Do not wait for this game to conclude it's cause when you already know how it will turn out! It's better that we see it ahead in advance, acknowledge them, and let the Devs know (and if necessary, write them a long wall of texts in Korean itself, which by the way, I will hold no hesitations if we have to resort to such) rather than to wait for them to take place! What else can you do when something already took place or something is already the case? Nothing! It's too late!

What I'm doing (unlike most of you people) is thinking ahead and acting ahead of time!

You don't need to be Confucius or be taught by Confucius himself for you to learn what proactivity means! With the way you think, nothing else wiser can teach you general things than proverbs since you won't take general statements!

Wag mo nang hintayin! (translation: "Do not let this come to be!")

4. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

@Eternal who are you talking to? Nobody said anything about Action combat system in this thread. I feel You're just talking with yourself, creating some sentence in Your head and responding to them. This is a thread about Residence, I said that Im not happy that they are prioritising housing over the core mmorpg mechanics, and You're just talking nonsense about WoW subscription system, about Action Combat System and now You're teaching us Chinese... wtf?! Is everything allright with You?

AsianBadger, Shari, xMantissx and 4 others like this.
  5. Partiesplayin

Partiesplayin Ascendant

If you can buy items for real money and sell it on the auction house for in game currency, then turn around and buy your way through the pve content then potentially you just bought your way to end game gear.. Pay to Win as hell.. Wow should be in the same boat as Archeage or any other p2w mmorpg out there . It is littlery the definition of it..

HOW you can justify that as not pay to win is beyond my comprehension. Because any sane person would see that as p2w. If you want to play a mmorpg that is not pay to win go play Bless Online last I looked there was no buying then selling

Eternal likes this.
  6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

I completely agree with this person! Bless Online is not Pay-to-Win, it's not Pay-to-Progress either but there are some Pay-to-Conveniences (unlimited Gathering/Mining Tools, Inventory Space Expansion, 2x Dungeon runs from Premium benefits, etc.). The game needs to make revenue because the game is Free-to-Play. MMOs are not like bicycles, they are like cars that there are utility costs associated with them such as gas. It's not a matter of Buy-to-Play or not, it's a matter of whether the game has Subscription or not, and if it doesn't, it still needs to make up the revenue to cover the expenses of running the game online persistently. This is why I don't really like if an MMO has no Mandatory Sub, it leads to a lot of inequity to the systems of the game. A game needs to have a system that is integral and firm, an online Simulator (such as Second Life) does not because they don't have online core gameplay but just a simulator or even social platform. To break such system means breaking the purpose of the game - it will no longer be a game but just a stupid Simulator platform that has no rules! Tell me, if you can break the rules of a game such as Car Racing where you will use a Koenigsegg Agera in a Circuit Race in Nurburgring against 400 HP Cars, will you still consider it a game? If the game is not equitable (and equitability has bases), it's not fair, and if it's not fair, the system is broken, and without a firm system, it can no longer be considered a game!
    If only Bless Online was a good game with adequate contents, it can be justified of a Mandatory Sub, but in reality's case, the game is trash, so their Model with no Mandatory Sub is the only choice they have! It is not Pay-to-Win at all, but it doesn't mean it's not a terrible game! It is, so no matter what, the game is unbearable!

About World of Warcraft, I highly disagree, it is Pay-to-Win! Just because it's World of Warcraft and it's from Blizzard doesn't mean it's not! Realize that Activision is getting involved now! I'm sorry to say this, but you lost your beloved piece of trash WoW a long time ago! I will point to you the truth so you can finally step out from your cult! You worship them like they are some kind of Amaterasu (the goddess sun)! We are approaching 2019, and if you still see these as normal, you have not caught up to time! Enough with these white-knighting of Blizzard! With the way you people think, it tells me that you already dedicated a shrine to them!

This is called hypocrisy! I also know that there are some people here that white-knights Bless. I know who they are and I will not name them for the purpose of not breaking the rules of this forum. The mentality of the Japanese changed after they lost the war, now it is your time for you to change your thinking! It's almost 2019 and you're still worshiping Blizzard like they are some descendant of Amaterasu!

7. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Blizzard asked for a Mandatory Sub, now they are asking to monetize the in-game Gold on top of adding a Cash Shop, and you still see these as normal? If this is not hypocrisy, then I don't know what is! The game can survive in Mandatory Sub alone (and can still make an income of almost a billion dollar annually) given that they still have the largest playerbase of all MMORPGs, yet greediness exists because the Company after all is still a Subsidiary of Activision Blizzard! And what, you still think that they are any different to EA Games after everything that has happened now?

I don't know what other discussions I can talk about regarding this subject, maybe I can start talking about Religion and it's history so we can gain some more detailed understandings of the topic and their significance/applications in this modern world, but doing so will break the rules of this forums again, because I am an Atheist and we still have to respect other people's Religion such as yours.

This is not a discussion about facts, this is a discussion of your faith to Blizzard! You have been playing WoW for way too long!

It doesn't matter what game it is and what Company it's from, if I see something wrong that are being regarded as normal, I will bash it!

8. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

So many useless flood, I think this mister will be the first ignored

Shari, Alyria and CreativeX like this.
  9. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

@Eternal I told you 3 times now, and Im now gonna report you for going off-topic and keep filling every other thread with useless spam.
    Stick to the subject because frankly i dont think anyone cares about you not having a life outside of dedicating your whole life to ”know it all” about MMOs.

We didnt ask for your opinion and we certainly didnt ask you to lecture us.

Nagule likes this.
  10. Ryan j Embry

Ryan j Embry Ascendant

I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time. Fingers crossed I get lucky enough to get a Beta key! Either way this feels worth the wait.

Shari likes this.
  11. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

You can't buy endgame gear. Thats the point. You can spend milion dollars on WoW, buy everything You can, then duel me 1v1... I will use only one hand, oke? :)

12. SeBright

SeBright Ascendant

I think my life will end as soon as I get ahold of a fishing rod, thank you for allowing us to fish in such a beautiful environment ! <3

Chazore likes this.
  13. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

No, your life will not end because this game is session-based and it has a simplified difficulty that will probably be more skill-based than time-based!
    I suggest that you go fishing in real-life, be an ornamental fish hobbyist, or even to practicing and learning the methods of aquaculture, as they can actually be a dedication and consumption of your time!

As a hardcore-gamer myself, how in the world can you possibly end your life in this game when the structure of the game is meant only for the casuals? The dominion of this game does not belong to the hardcores as nobody here can see the logic and designed this game to be illogical. This game means nothing to me and to my time if the dominion of the game is for the free-for-all of incompetence and instant-gratification!

Let's waste more time chasing cars and see where this game will go! You could have designed this game to provide for the satisfactory of the casuals and designed the dominion and victory of the game for the hardcores who will take it beyond. Tell me, is there any place in this game for the later! No, because not only does it not consume time and effort, the game overall is not worthy of our time and effort for not having any place to place those in! This is a children's game that have no realization that a game even in it's literary meaning in the concept itself that every single dictionary dictates in every single language, must have competitive and challenging aspects! If you can't understand this, because to you, it requires a scholar to explain such, then allow me to translate it in Korean!

Let's go to Naver Dictionary! (Naver is the Google of Korea)
    A game is "경기", there is also "시합" which literally means a "contest", and there is "게임" which is a direct English-loanword.
    Naver Dictionary states the following (and I will directly quote!). The Korean language is being regulated by "국립국어원" (the "National Institute of Korean language") in which these information from Naver were sourced from:
    게임
    [명사]
    규칙을 정해 놓고 승부를 겨루는 놀이.

경기
    [명사]
    일정한 규칙 아래 기량과 기술을 겨룸.
    [유의어] 경쟁, 스포츠, 운동경기

If you can understand Korean then the above source just explained to you in Korean the concept of a "game". It's purpose is to compete or to provide challenge (if you are the only player) under the blanket of it's rules (a system). You cannot change a concept from what it is whether you are North Korean or South Korean!

The only way this game can end a life, is to shoot oneself due to how terrible the design of this so-called game is!

14. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

What the **** is wrong with you?
    Seriously you need to get a girlfriend, some friends and get a ****ing life.
    And i mean it, if you had anything of that your life would change and you wouldnt be here.

You are just beyond pathetic at this point, please shut the **** up.
    You are actually talking to urself, noone asked or cares about What the **** you are talking about.

I Will say it again, Im reporting you again.

Please everyone else who reads this, report Eternal too for spamming, going offtopic and never sticking to the subject.

Get off these fking forum if you believe the game wont make it, but sitting here writing novels about the game just shows How pathetic your life must be.

15. SeBright

SeBright Ascendant

CreativeX's reply is a bit too much but the idea is there, I was simply joking about the fact that I can fish for hours in beautiful games ^^ You take everything far too seriously Eternal, If the game doesn't work or is a moba or a battle Royale, then we may be disappointed, but let's save that for later.
    Sorry for posting this here and going off topic, and thanks again for the hard work the developers put and are still putting in the game

Chazore likes this.
  16. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Agreed it is much, but he wont stop after beeing told Many times by multiple people..

17. HexFyber

HexFyber Ascendant

Can't wait to spend day and night with my fellas on this lol give us any release date

Chazore and CreativeX like this.
  18. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Alright, I will shut up for now (as you already told) and we will wait for this game. I will respect the rules and keep things civilize here.

MMORPGs among all types of video games is a genre that is persistent and requires dedication more than any genre. Maybe the casuals can't dedicate, but the hardcores must be able to and the system and design of the game must provide for that.

Respect the genre! This is how short I can write if this is how much details you want to hear. But as always, I have more to say. This game will not succeed if you keep straying too far off it's genre. I want it to succeed, but if this is how they are designing this game, your situation can't be helped.

19. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Feedback is always good bro, But keep it more simple..
    When you try to make a point you go offtopic not only in ur post, But on ur point too.
    There is literally no reason to explain What words mean, or What chinese words and phrases mean.

We dont want you to explain basic words and What They mean.

We want feedback, But mots ur posts are just unwanted rambling about nothing relevant.

20. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Well, my point is, the MMORPG genre has been nothing but a disappointment for the past decade. It can be observed how much they have declined in quality that they don't feel like it's that same genre anymore. Disappointments after disappointments! Ofcourse, we want AIR to be something better! I am waiting for this game just like all of you people, but there are many things that are already turning me off about the game, so nothing we can do but to wait and see how this game will turn out in the end. But if we can make suggestions, maybe or maybe not it can influence the outcome, it's better than nothing.

Please design this game properly and put it into your consideration that this is a PVP and PVE based MMORPG!