Teaser - Residence Part 1

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Dec 6, 2018.

1. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Community Management A:IR Crew

Greetings Ascendants,

First a word of caution, the following preview information is subject to change but we are happy to share some basic residence features in A:IR.
    The player residence will not only be a chill-out zone and a playground for aspiring interior decorators but also an important production hub.

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Customization-screenshot-1.jpg

Today we want to tell you a little about obtaining resources. While exploring the world of A:IR you will often come across resources that can be gathered, including “seeds”. Those “seeds” can be cultivated in your residence area and will return bigger rewards after a while. The term “seeds” can be understood literally when growing your own crop or more figurative when dropping your big catch in your private pond to start fish breeding.

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Gathering-screenshot-1.jpg
    Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Gathering-screenshot-2.jpg
    Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Gathering-screenshot-3.jpg

Every homeowner has several plots available enabling a steady supply of resources.
    It’s up to you if you want to highly specialize or get a little of everything. Some of the plot types currently planned are:

• Fishing pond
    • Mine
    • Trees
    • Crop farming
    • Animal farming
    • ???
    Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Production-screenshot-1.jpg
    Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Harth-Housing-Production-screenshot-2.jpg

2. Neicrox

Neicrox Ascendant

I love the details in the graphics, but I worry about exploding my toaster jajajaj

Mykosiranks likes this.
  3. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    I cannot wait to play this.

Mykosiranks likes this.
  4. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

*nods slowly* I am digging the high overview of the housing area. I am extremely interested in the 'Animal Farming'. Does the husbandry include mount 'breeding' and leveling that seems to be gaining popularity in today's market, or just resource gathering ala ArcheAge Husbandry?

Thank you for giving us this little bit.

5. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

The water in the fishing image looks strangely high resolution. Eyes CM Praballo You guys using UE4 now?

6. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

J’adore ça dans les MMORPG, avoir un espace à soi ! Même si c’est de l'housing instancié c’est toujours un plus. Après une longue session de jeu, c’est toujours agréable de pouvoir flâner un peu au calme. Je crois comprendre qu’on pourra le partager avec ses amis, ou sa guilde, d’après le screen, parfait ! C’est aussi une bonne idée de pouvoir faire de l’élevage ou récupérer des graines sur les ressources et d’avoir tout ça dans son jardin à porté de main . Si j’ai bien compris il y a un aussi un espace de craft ?!
    Ça promet pas mal de trucs sympas, me tarde vraiment de voir tout ça in game. Mais bon va falloir encore attendre un peu, et faire peuve de patience visiblement. Enfin quoi qu'il en soit, merci pour la new !

Alyria likes this.
  7. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Thanks for all your work you and the team behind the game does!!

I and many others are very hyped but remain skeptical aswell since we dont know much how the game will turn out yet.

But We are looking forward bigtime to diving into this world and spending many many hours.

Keep up the so awesome work, but if possible think about posting a ”update” where the game is atm in the developer progress, and maybe What is beeing redone and whatever relevant information you can share.

Keep it up!!
    Very happy about what i am seeing so far!

Mykosiranks likes this.
  8. Avelina

Avelina Ascendant

This looks so beautiful!

Mykosiranks likes this.
  9. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Community Management A:IR Crew

The latest words from the devs indicate, that "Animal Farming" will be more exciting than just meat production. :)

The engine used is a heavily modified UE3 engine, so no, it's not UE4.

Alyria likes this.
  10. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

3 threads about single-player dungeos, now we have housing and farming... "PART 1".
    We have december, and we know absolutely nothing about the game, as an MMORPG.

Keep it up... It will fall much faster then AA... unfortunately :(

Sygiria and Eternal like this.
  11. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

It is UE3 on DX11 standard so they can modify/custom it to provide for better graphical features and rendering that DX11 can provide. That's what this is!
    Batman Arkham Knight is an example of a UE3-modified game on DX11 - it looks graphically beautiful almost like a UE4 game (even the Dynamic Lighting)!
    A:IR is something similar to that! The game is being developed on DX11 standard so there is nothing wrong with using UE3 as I can already see here that they obviously modified it! The only benefit here to using UE4 (and by the way, it is impossible to 'port' a UE3/UDK Project to UE4 because they are two completely different Engines that have different standards - Unreal Script vs C++, Kismet nodes vs Blueprints, etc. so there is no way to directly and indirectly 'move' the references but to replicate them) is just the simplification of the software (by making it more advanced and high level) and therefore more efficient and easier to use by Users (Developers). It takes more work and time to produce the same result in UE3 but it's possible.

The Engine is not one of my complaints about this game - I know that they started developing this game on 2012 (when UE4 was not even available yet) when the game was still a concept.

12. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

The difference between this game and AA, as I already stated a million times, is this game is a Themepark while AA is a hybrid Sandbox. BDO is also a Sandbox. Their game designs are good and they are not WoW clones. The Publishers may have ruined these games but certainly their game designs are far better than all these Themepark WoW clones that are almost composing the entire market!

WoW is very popular and successful, not because the game design is good, it is because they made it more "accessible" to all types of players such as making the MMO linear and simplified. WoW has been garbage since WotLK! WoW is also Pay-to-Win right now on top of keeping it's Sub model. We are not playing WoW because we don't want a game design like that, and here you are, replicating the same thing! We want an MMO that feels persistent, rewarding and engaging. We want root features of MMOs that WoW removed or didn't incorporated to their design in the first place! We want an MMORPG that is not a "dumbed-down"-version of the genre like WoW!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Life Skills is a good topic here to talk about since this is an MMORPG! These are the 'kinds' of things that we are very much interested to hear about than more Instant Dungeons!
    I am skeptical here because the Life Skills seem and are likely not deep, the Residential Area is probably Instanced (because of technical limitations due to the tradeoffs), and the fact that the game is Themepark with already so many Instanced gameplay. If this will be the case, it doesn't look like a good investment because the package here is very incomplete - If I am interested more on those features, I will rather invest in an MMO that has them more adequately! If the Life Skills is not deep, do you think I will care if this is an existing feature?

*You want me to stay on topic? That paragraph under the line is on topic and is my opinion regarding the Life Skills of this game. I like the concept, but I want them to be deep, not just an existing feature! But nothing much can be helped because at the end of the day, this is a Themepark and a lot of gameplay is Instanced. Do not even compare this to AA!

13. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Thank you for that little bit of confirmation. Low key do you take chocolate bribes for insider information?

Delu likes this.
  14. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

They are sharing what they can. Here is a post from a different thread after you initially posted. I know this most likely does not satisfy your need to know the details of combat, raids, dungeons, etc; but I would rather wait longer for correct information than constantly receive updates that contradict each other.

Delu likes this.
  15. Kapi Heartlilly

Kapi Heartlilly Ascendant

Data Analyst
    Looking good, loving the life skilling as well!

16. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

WoW is P2W?!? that the biggest bs i've seen. You're clearly dont know what You're talking about. Level boost gives you nothing, the engame is HC/Mythic Raiding or High rated arenas. WoW is popular because it has rich engame content (PVE) and the game is updated regularly. WoW had its best days long time ago, yet no other game is able to match.

I dont have anything against life skills, farming or housing. But that is not the main content. Most players dont give a f*** about that. Yeah, its funny, a good additional entertainment but it has nothing to do with mmorpg. We need good PvE or PvP content (preferably both). It's 2019 almost. We need this content in open world. We have already instanced mmo's. If they push all PvE and PvP content to intances, the game will fall in 3-6 months. But if they make life skills or solo gaming a main content - the game is dead already.

We're over one year after g-star and we dont know anything. We saw few boring instances (pvp and pve) and quite boring combat system. We dont know if they even plan to do something with that. Instead, we have farming and solo dungeons - Anti-MMORPG bs.

Yes, I wanted to see a better version of AA... but for now It looks worse than bless.

17. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Yes it does! If they are not Instanced and if Trading has no limitations. They are staple PVE contents, an Interaction with the Virtual World. Can this foster Social Interaction? Ofcourse it can! Not only do they enrich the MMO gameplay systems of the game and make the game more persistent, rewarding, and immersive, they add to the foundation of the player Economy and Trading, thus Player-Interaction. You are undermining it's importance to this genre! We both want an "MMORPG" that is true to the genre, I think this is a very important feature and can be executed well if they will not Instanced it and not limit Trading! You talked about "MMORPGs", there should be depth to the systems of MMORPGs like they used to have Traditionally! To ask them not to deliver on depth is asking for a dumbed-down-MMO! Like I said, we don't want them to deliver just Instant experience, there are also other aspects (and far more important aspects) to MMORPGs than what the game can instantly deliver!
    This is not the main content, but I want it to be a part of the systems of the gameplay, and as a staple part, I don't want them to undermine this aspect. This is an MMO, I have to stress it's importance!

The Solo Dungeons are, and I want them removed from this game! The Farming? It's an important part of an MMO, and like I said, in the circumstances that they are not Instanced and no limitations to Trading. I am not asking this to be the main content, I am asking them not to undermine it's importance. What is a Life Skills that is not deep like Bless'? It means nothing to the gameplay of an MMORPG!

And this will be another one, you wanna know why? Just look at the Combat of this game and look at it technically! Client-based Action-targeting Combat of Vehicle-Armaments with Collision-Detection of Ballistics. How do you think they are gonna be able to calculate and render that in a Massive Multiplayer Online? You guessed it, by Instancing the game!
    The Tradeoffs that they are willing to make and everything that they have made so far, from all their games in the past, are all the same thing! they don't care about making a good MMORPG but to appeal to the masses!
    They already decided which tradeoffs to make! I am not impress with their decisions as the tradeoffs made are more appropriate for Battle Royales, not MMOs!

This is not just an Instanced MMO, this is also a Session-based MMO meaning it is time-gated, just to add more to your disappointments!

And you will wait for another year for this game to officially or softly Release! I'm sorry but that will likely be the case! There are other competitions that I am looking at! I am not stupid to bet on a horse that have no pedigree for racing but for drafting.

You are certainly correct! Even this game is worse than Bless and that game is already terrible! Atleast Bless is an Open-World-based game with activities taking place in the Open World such as Monster Hunts and Taming, with Instanced-Dungeons, Instanced-Battlegrounds, and Instanced-Turbans.

I highly disagree! It is Pay-to-Win now! Stop holding Blizzard and WoW high like they are gods that we should be worshiping! Both the game and the company is a failure now in the eyes of it's Playerbase! I no longer have faith and trust in Blizzard when their internal culture changed, highly because of pressure from Activision. Do you think I believe that they care about the quality of their products after all the decisions that have happened so far and is set to happen in the future? I am not stupid and I will not worship these greedy bastards like an idol!
    They are selling their playerbase now for greed! We should stop looking at them like they still have their integrity!
    If you want to worship them and be indebted to them, go ahead! You will hear nothing positive from me regarding them! They didn't built the genre, they trashed the genre just like their Call of Duty franchise trashed the First-person Shooter genre!

18. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Charging mandatory monthly Sub on top of it's popularity and having the biggest Player Count of all MMOs, now with the presence of a Cash Shop on a Pay-to-Play game, you dare monetize the game further with WoW Tokens that can be directly exchanged for Gold?
    That is just pure greediness and Pay-to-Win! What is even the point of keeping the game Pay-to-Play if the game is already Pay-to-Win?

By the way, I am in favor of Pay-to-Play Business Model, but if the game is to remain Pay-to-Play for the reason of keeping the systems of the game 100% equitable, you shouldn't have any other Monetization/s that defeat/s the purpose of a Pay-to-Play Model in the first place!

[​IMG]

Pay to Win piece of trash!

19. SikkTwiztid

SikkTwiztid Ascendant

Looks like fun to me! Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the update!

20. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

@Eternal
    You don't understand what P2W means I think. You can spend one milion $ at once and you will get nothing. Gold isnt endgame in this game. Raiding (PvE) and Arenas (PvP) are. I am a founder one of the bigger polish WoW community since TBC, and my guild is raiding until today. Maybe I'm not raiding anymore, but i'm still playing casualy PvP so dont try to lie to me about WoW. I know exactly how WoW works. There is NO P2W at all in this game.

Yes, I agree that WoW had his best days long time ago. Today we see how Blizzard is falling, moslty because of stupidity of Activision, but STILL WoW is most actively developed MMORPG nad STILL has the best payment method of all MMORPG. I'm pretty sure that without this stupid activision, WoW would go in the right direction few years ago. But we know what happened, most valuable employees left blizzard and activision (like EA) is killing not only WoW, but all franchises.