Teaser - Pets

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Goodvibesguy, Aug 22, 2019.

1. CM Goodvibesguy

CM Goodvibesguy Community Management A:IR Crew

Greetings Ascendants,

Today we bring you some background on the pets in A:IR. Whether they're cute and cuddly or cold, hard fighting machines, pets play an important role in your character's journey. Enjoy!

1. Pets

Pets are often mistaken for just being simple animals that are cute and lovely but not in A:IR. Besides being cute and loving, pets are companions to their masters who are soul-bound to them as they explore the world together. They are friends who never betray each other and will stay by each other’s side until the end.

There are many theories about the origin of pets, but little has been proven to be true. Most of the history of pets were lost because of the catastrophe of the Great War on Harth. It was said that only those animals that were loved by their masters or are the offspring of artificial life creations can be pets, but since most of the historical records were lost there is no way to confirm it.

However, after the recent discovery of an ex-pet that has become inactive after being unbound to a master, pets have started to gain public attention again. Some historical records were also found with the ex-pet. The records come from an exploration journal that has information including the master and the pet’s name and state that their souls became bound together. From this journal, one thing is certain which is that this master and the pet have traveled together in adventures for a very long time.

As the study began on the remaining historical records along with the ex-pet specimen, pets once again started becoming more and more familiar to the people. Pets are living creatures that predict their master’s actions and move synchronously with the master’s movements. There are even some masters that have dolls as pets.

Some scholars claim that pets of the past functioned completely different than the current iteration of pets. However, they are similar in that they grow and advance in their capabilities as they spend more time with their summoner and that they awaken special powers during their growth.

According to research, masters who possess pets are more efficient in all activities and that is the reason why both the Vulpin and Ontari continue to invest in their research of pets. This is the reason that pets are highly recommended and suggested to all the people since the research into pets will continue to uncover new insights in the future.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Automatons

In the old days on Harth, where technology was highly advanced, it was a trend to create Automatons in the form of living creatures. At first, they only had a few simple functions like walking, running, and a few other repetitive movements. However, as they became more sophisticated and evolved, the Automatons were even capable of replacing people in battle. Automatons emerged as one of the leading technologies along with airships and armored weapons, but the technology disappeared during the catastrophe of the Great War.

Over time, after the Vulpin and the Ontari settled on Harth, the need for Automatons emerged once again. The reason Automatons were needed was that on the Harth continent not only did combat crews need defenses but civilians needed a way to protect themselves as well. The Vulpin, modeled their Automatons after raptors and the Ontari modeled their Automatons after bears. Because of this, the revival of Automatons on the Harth continent began.

In the past, the good Automatons were known for being alive for a lifetime until they were released by their users, but with the current technology infinite power and duration hasn’t been achieved. Eventually, engineers used the life energy from beasts and monsters from the Harth continent to power the Automatons. This energy is easy to obtain and relatively simple to store, but it is easily depleted and vulnerable to external attacks. Therefore, Automatons made with the current technology when broken or their energy is depleted are very difficult to repair and the only option is to create another one.

In the early days, Automatons were simply following their users and assisted in battle. However, an incident occurred where an Automaton exploded and attacked a person and each faction concluded that it was too dangerous to improve the Automatons' performance. Improving the combat abilities of Automatons were then banned indefinitely. Since then, Automatons can only be modified up to a safe restricted limit to ensure their stability and it is strictly forbidden to make new Automatons that have not been authorized. Due to modification limitations, the craftsmen began developing different variations that provided various other benefits to their users besides battle assistance. However, unauthorized Automatons are still being produced at secret locations and are occasionally found by chance at random unknown locations.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2019
    Inca and Sparki like this.
  2. Sparki

Sparki Ascendant

thx for the post and the new infos about the pets history :)

3. HexFyber

HexFyber Ascendant

I really like the graphical impact they have!

4. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
  5. Cyber Cleric

Cyber Cleric Ascendant

i hope there are pets suited for pvp or certain class's like in archeage:p:p

6. Fooshyy

Fooshyy Ascendant

Oh damn, i had no idea there was dragon pets.

Cyber Cleric likes this.
  7. aiahihi

aiahihi Ascendant

It's good for pets to enter the cash shop and I'll buy it, I'm still playing Black Desert Online with the Shai class and waiting for this game to come out, my i7 and i9 computers and my money is ready if AIR is good.

8. Aree Soothsayer

Aree Soothsayer Ascendant

I just hope they're not the type of pet that just follows a player giving passive bonuses to us.

9. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

Normal pets follow you around and provide different bonuses, yes, however - You get them so they can auto pick-up loot for you.

Automans on the other hand are something different, they tank/attack and heal, depending on the type you create.

10. Aree Soothsayer

Aree Soothsayer Ascendant

I'm not much into machines. Ah well.

11. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

You wanna know why the graphics looks good in these screenshots and in-game? It's the post-processing effects that are added to the buffer! I don't know anything about UE3 but I know Unity. Post-processing is part of the package manager — it's built-in!

You are praising them for the graphics in which you can easily replicate in Unity because it already has a built-in post-processing? You think these graphics are hard to make? It's nothing in Unity! And if it's hard to make in UE3 then it's not my problem that they are using an incapable and outdated engine!

What you are seeing in these screenshots and in-game footages are rendering of a scene with post-processing effects that the engine should provide! All you have to do is set them up, which is not hard if you have the understanding.

Second of all, these 3D assets that you people are gonna blow all of your savings on: do you think it's hard to model, animate, and script their behaviours? And guess how much you people are gonna pay for each of these cosmetic items. I've seen people pay $30, to hundreds of dollars, to thousands of dollars in Revelation Online, for an instance of these prefabs which is really stupid in my point of view. These prices are even way higher than what we have from an engine's asset store which by the way are mostly sold in packs/sets.

You people are so gullible that these companies can easily persuade you to spend on something that is not worth it's given price.