Teaser - Inventus

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Richter, Jan 17, 2019.

1. CM Richter

CM Richter Community Management

Greetings Ascendants,

We hope you all had a good start in the new year and we wish you the very best for 2019. We have been working hard to get A:IR ready to be presented in its entirety to the fans.

Air inventus small.jpg

This month we are giving you a little bit of info about the Inventus, a giant airship which you will become fairly familiar with as you traverse the environments of Ascent: Infinite Realm.

The Inventus is a giant airship that serves as a city in the sky. During the invasion by the Black Heralds, the people of Nousgard realized that they would need to evacuate their beloved home before they fell to the mechanical monsters.

By utilizing the technologies learned by their ancestors past, the Nous people constructed the Inventus.

Despite the Inventus being first and foremost an evacuation ship, there is more than meets the eye. The main quest will reveal blue skies and open vast areas as you discover new lands.

The Inventus was created to provide a sense of awe and progression. We hope you enjoy flying freely in the open skies on the Inventus airship.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Nunnoo, Honeymind, xDragONx and 20 others like this.
  2. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    Awesome concept, looking forward to trying it out.

SikkTwiztid likes this.
  3. ㅤㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤㅤ Ascendant

Concept art looks really good, can't wait to see the real thing!

SikkTwiztid likes this.
  4. hudini

hudini Ascendant

****, just found this mmorpg and i am kinda hyped for it.. awesome artwork, classes and design! cant wait to test it :)

5. CM Richter

We're excited to see what everyone thinks! :D

6. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

I really enjoy the principle of having an airship as a city, this is quite original. :cool:

7. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Ascendant

Art looks amazing, but why would a ship that big need vertical sails?
    Does it actually move?
    One of the hardest things to do in video games is to make large ships that move and have people also moving on them.

Would love to see more information on the type of physics we can expect to see in A:IR.
    Some of the most important things in a game surprisingly are character animations, hair physics, and sound to create game immersion.

If your planning on letting people "flying freely in the open skies on the Inventus airship" your hinting to us that the game has some really advanced physics and probably a very comprehensive collision detection system because flying into a massive ship and clipping through would break immersion badly.

I'm basically putting all my faith into Bluehole or the "Krafton Game Union" or whoever is running the show. Don't kill yourselfs trying to make a perfect game, but think outside the box.

P.S. If you give a player control over a flying city sized ship its going to feel really slow and boring for them.

Lu_Bane likes this.
  8. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

You are speaking of your opinion here, therefore not technically regarded as facts nor data from general analysis (it's not even a general view!).
    Sound is very important to the Immersion, it's a very important element to games (MMORPGs included).
    About Character Animation and Hair Physics, are you serious? You care so much about those that you regard them as "some of the most important things"? Even the collective opinion of the MMORPG-audience will not agree otherwise! They are the least important in this genre and to the aspect of Immersion as far as priorities are concerned! Look at Final Fantasy XI and Everquest, they were highly immersive MMORPGs - tell me, did Character Animation and Hair Physics played a big part there?
    The Developers of this game better allocate their limited time and resources wisely according to proper priorities! There were too much misappropriation already, we can't afford anymore!

What are you talking about? Ofcourse, they need to make this game as perfect as possible in accordance to MMORPG-standard and to the preference of it's target-audience! The fact is, this genre is highly competitive because this type of genre is persistent and requires long-term dedication. You don't play multiple MMORPGs, you don't game-hop MMORPG to another on an already successful MMORPG with good foundation, therefore quality matters in this genre (that game needs to contain the whole package!). We don't need quantity of MMORPGs, we need quality! This is what this genre lacks now after it's devolution!

"Thinking outside the box" is a metaphor to creative-thinking and innovation which require a different approach. This is a positive perspective but are often misapplied in this genre by changing designs that were already good to something inferior to the predecessors such as Instancing, Vertical Progression, and over-simplification. Just because you changed something doesn't mean you changed it for the better! The term "innovation" refers to the changes, not to the improvements. I want them to deliver improvements, not just innovations. You can only change a good foundation to something better or worse - if you cannot change it to something better, then I recommend you not change it at all! You think! If it will be for the worse, then you do not change it!
    We came out with Fly-by-Wire control for Aircrafts, but because the Stick has overlapping Axes to represent the Pitch and Roll (the Yaw is still on the Pedals), not only is it harder to control due to overlapping Axes of the Stick, it is also less redundant than the mechanical Push-and-Pull Conventional Flight Controls when it comes to power-loss. Just because you 'innovated', it doesn't mean that you innovated for the 'better'! This is why majority of Aircrafts still do not use electrical Fly-by-Wire to fly, how can you represent 2 Axes of Flight that have 2 separate mechanical Flight Controls on an overlapping Axes of the Stick? It's just stupidity and it doesn't work! It's a fantasy of people who doesn't know technicalities and engineering!

I want them to improve, I don't want them to just innovate!
    We have a modern American proverbial saying; informal: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" (formal standard-English: "if it isn't broken, don't fix it!")
    If you are gonna innovate for the worse like the rest of MMORPGs now, you might as well scrap this game!

This is the problem with most people - they are just used to too much Instant-gratification that anything "slow" and "boring" are too much for them to bear on a genre that is traditionally time-based. Slow, boring, and grindy are not new to this genre, it's what this genre has always been before all these adjustments and catering to the Casuals and more saturated audience are implemented. Everyone wants Instant Contents, not meaningful Contents, and that is the type of MMO that you will get! Level 30 in this game takes only 30 hours so all of you sissies can PVP as soon as possible with the least effort! MMOs nowadays are becoming less time-based and intellect-based and more skill-based because nobody likes to put any effort and time, their attention span are just too short!

This genre had just became too saturated from what it was before. I will not play a game like that!

Seth Fletcher likes this.
  9. Lnhzz

Lnhzz Ascendant

Interesting... This have to be big, although I have the feeling (because I saw some pictures) that this is too small.

10. Nouve

Nouve Ascendant

I'm excited to see things trickling out a little faster from A:IR. I'm totally sold on the game, although I haven't seen a whole lot of it. Thank you for the lore post on the ship!

11. Necrit

Necrit Ascendant

Yes, good, but when does it come out? people want to play it, do not give information on how the game really goes, do not talk about the progress of the game or publication dates, just photos, go out earlier in Asia and in Asia speak more, and daily with the community than you.

with this I do not want to offend anyone, but worry more about the community because otherwise in eu and na will be a failure, you only know to put a photo a week to keep the hype of the people

hudini, cem and Akylios like this.
  12. Cloudinsane

Cloudinsane Ascendant

When will the next tests be about? screenshots are good but they don’t play

13. Aimée

Aimée Ascendant

Thank you for continuously keeping us informed~!

14. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

Keep it up! :D

15. CM Richter

No news on that yet, but stay tuned :)

Sparki likes this.
  16. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

Er, forgive me my question, but where's CM Praballo? Is he\she ok?

CreativeX likes this.
  17. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

I suspect they killed him :(

Quin Tessence likes this.
  18. CM Richter

Praballo is a-ok!

The boss is a busy man so he asked me to help him with these posts :)

Mykosiranks and CreativeX like this.
  19. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

Hooh, ty, Im calm

CreativeX likes this.
  20. Ryan j Embry

Ryan j Embry Ascendant

Just upgraded my rig! GTX 1080 is ready! Are there any key give-away events happening in the near future?

Mykosiranks and Bizzaro like this.