Teaser - Class Screenshots and Info

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Richter, Feb 12, 2019.

1. CM Richter

CM Richter Community Management

Greetings Ascendants,

This month we bring you some new character screenshots from a few of the playable classes found within A:IR and a short explanation of the design. We hope you enjoy the thought and care that went into each of these classes. Also, please keep in mind that, we are showing only one gender image per class here, but all the classes will have both male and female options to choose from. A:IR will not have gender locked classes.

Warlord

To describe the Warlord would be to dredge up thoughts of an overwhelming presence who overtakes enemies by pure strength. The Warlord also has the trust of their companions to protect them from incoming danger. The Design of the Warlord’s weapon and armor were designed with these two playstyles in mind.

Orc_Warlord_Male-Resize.jpg

Assassin

You may imagine an Assassin as only a covert and cruel character, but in A:IR the Assassin also likes to fight furiously with a flurry of daggers as quick as lightning. This class was designed to express both playstyles. These two expressions can be seen as a dance because of their slow, sneaky moves, and sudden dramatic attacks.

Elf_Assassin_Female-Resize.jpg

Elementalist

The Elementalist in A:IR is an explosive class who dominates the battlefield. Harnessing the power of the elements may seem like an exercise in futility, but it requires a cool composition and knowledge of tactics. Therefore, we wanted to deliver a striking, but restrained attitude. While using colorful and refined materials such as a tuxedo, magic hat, and wand, the Elementalist is designed to apply to the unique style of A:IR.

Elf_Elementalist_Male_Resize.jpg

Mystic

The Mystic is a magical class who is in communion with nature. Instead of simply supporting their allies, they actively rush to their aid. Healing is obviously the main purpose of the Mystic’s magic, but we didn’t want to limit their ability to just Healing. To communicate the Mystics playstyle and lore, this design was inspired by the variety of natural abilities the Mystic has at its disposal.

Hunan_Mystic_Female_Resize.jpg

Gunslinger

The Gunslinger is one of the classes that best conveys the style of A:IR. With the dual pistols and rifle they dance around the battlefield. The material used and style of the Gunslinger should invoke the world of A:IR particularly with the modern coat, wide-brimmed hat, and mysterious mask.

Hunan_Gunslinger_Male_Resize.jpg

Edit 3/4/19: Changed some of the text to gender neutral since classes have been announced to not be gender locked.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. Nakawe

Nakawe Ascendant

The Elementalist and Gunslinger have my blood pumping!!

3. Santreim

Santreim Ascendant

Kakao is alive!! Glad to see a bit more info around here, let's hope the SEA beta inspires you ;)

CM Richter likes this.
  4. Glyph

Glyph Ascendant

I finally decided to create my forums account. Thanks for the updates, we cant wait for more information. :)

xDrac likes this.
  5. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    Really like the armor design, especially for heavy armor.

6. Arika

Arika Ascendant

@CM Richter They are beautiful:) thanks for the new screenshots. The elementalist is wonderful :oops:

CM Richter likes this.
  7. Adrian

Adrian Ascendant

Oh my word. I was having trouble deciding which class I was going to pick. I am no longer having this dilemma. If being an elementalist means I get a top hat, tails, and fire magic there's absolutely no contest.

8. Arika

Arika Ascendant

we don't know exactly what changed since 2017 ..
    Fire, ice, lightning : )

9. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I’m still split between elements list and mystic gah!

Delu likes this.
  10. Vyktor

Vyktor Ascendant

Technician
    I usually go for the Tank or distance DPS, so Warlord or Gunslinger for me :p

11. Selhaizea

Selhaizea Ascendant

I just read this and i love it, i hate when class is gender locked or race locked (I hope its not).

12. Vyktor

Vyktor Ascendant

Technician
    I think it was said somewhere it's not locked.

EDIT: Found
    https://forum.airthegame.com/index....ed-and-info-thailand-version.7123/#post-14259

13. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

OMG, this is the problem with you people -- you never read! It is already stated on the OP's post itself right in this very thread on the 4th sentence.

How can you ask if there will be a Gender-lock on a thread that already stated that there will not be?

14. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

By the way, I studied the Classes of this game. The easiest Class in the game is the Gunslinger -- if you want the easiest Class, go with that!

15. xDragONx

xDragONx Ascendant

Gamer
    I will play for Elementalist)

Shion likes this.
  16. Cimberly

Cimberly Ascendant

huh i will play mystic, that's for sure. hoping she can do some damage too, not only heal!

17. Mykosiranks

Mykosiranks Ascendant

The Gunslinger looks like a guy I would like to be :D

18. Aiyaaahhh

Aiyaaahhh Ascendant

Wow it looks awesome :D

Mykosiranks likes this.
  19. vladimirs

vladimirs Ascendant

Can some one tell me when this game is going live i spend over 2000 eur on bdo and it left me with no pen :( now i wanna play something like this just to enjoy the game and i have reformed no money spending on games anymore

20. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Fine, you can spend nothing at all! -- but tell, how does that affect your gameplay? Do you think that by just playing the game, you stand a chance in competing for status? This isn't a Play to Win game but a Pay to Win one! People are so stupid that they regard Pay to Progress, Pay to Progress faster, and Pay to Convenience as something separate, when in reality, an MMO can only be of either of the 2 nature: Pay to Win or Play to Win.

You don't stand a chance in a Pay to Win game if you don't Whale! A Pay to Win system is a Pay to Win system!

If someone wants to argue, let me ask them this question: Have you ever Whaled or have managed to achieve prominence in an MMO that has a Cash Shop before?
    Stop saying that an advantage such as Pots are not Pay to Win as you don't know anything! Do you f***ing know anything about competing? You compete by maximizing your advantage!

I was able to achieve prominence in a Pay to Win MMO before where I was one of the best in the game in terms of status and Assets. Not only did it required me to no-life the game, build up my knowledge, create strategy, build up my connections, multi-boxing multiple accounts, account-sharing (so the account will stay online for as long as possible), I also RMT-ed and Paid to Win to get there!

Also, when I was in school, I was a contributor to a network that recruited me! The people that I'm connected to gets the highest marks and graduated honorable. How the f*** do you work and get 100% on a Test? You ever wonder? The people that gets the highest marks also cheat! That's reality! It's these people that taught me to cheat and I'm already naturally smart! I've never written a single Test that I have never seen ahead! I'm part of a group that coordinates information after all! (If someone has already written it before or ahead, it will be coordinated)

Look at Hermione from Harry Potter (someone who excels in school) -- It was revealed that she also cheats because that's how it works in real-life as well! If you don't know, then you don't f***ing know anything!

That's maximizing your advantage! If you don't know how to do that, you will never excel! The same way with paying for advantage! You people don't know anything about competing!

vladimirs likes this.