Teaser - Characters - Part 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, May 31, 2018.

1. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Community Management A:IR Crew

Greetings Ascendants,

Welcome to the final installment of our little concept art preview series. One reappearing question since the first A:IR announcement has been the query if all classes can be played as male and female characters. The answer has always been “Yes” and today we are able to back this up with concept art for the Mystic and Warlord class.

Mystic
    Mystic Armor: Cloth - Raiment made of light and layered fabric with loose garments around the waistline almost resembling a butterfly.

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Mystic-concept-art.jpg

Artist commentary
    Unlike the classic RPG healers, A:IR's Mystic is also good at crowd control and damage dealing, so I have avoided clothes that look like non-combatants.
    The main designs were inspired by military uniforms. The traditional colors of a healer were used while we created the unique concept of a steampunk style healer.

Warlord
    Warlord Armor: Heavy Armor - Plate armor made mostly from steel. It provides the best protection.

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Warlord-concept-art.jpg

Artist commentary
    When I designed the costume of Warlord, I mainly focused on the class's role as a "Tank". I thought the Warlord, who steps in harms way to protect the party members, is like a police officer in the A:IR world, leading to a uniform-like armor that has a steampunk style.

Elementalist
    (formerly known as Sorceress)
    Elementalist Armor: Cloth - The outfit is tight fitting, so the general body shape is still recognisable. Its design is luxurious and sophisticated.

Ascent-Infinite-Realm-Elementalist-concept-art.jpg

Artist commentary
    Watching the Elementalist fighting monsters with powerful ice and fire magic is an imposing display of strength.
    However, I wanted to create a more natural and approachable image of the Elementalist rather than the typical image of a magic wielder. I combined the styles of the steampunk and the magician to show the characteristics of a wizard who is approachable, witty, and magnificent.

That’s all we have to share for now, but there will be more content down the road to the release of A:IR. We hope you enjoyed the little journey into the world of concept art and stay tuned for more.

The A:IR Crew

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Dei, Amper, Nupy and 9 others like this.
  2. Jonah

Jonah Ascendant

Really nice design, i'm anxious to see it ingame.

3. Sera

Sera Guest

Love the designs of the elmentalist and mystic. Great homage to the genre.

4. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

It looks so good!

5. Cryostratos

Cryostratos Ascendant

Fantastic decision! This will appeal to entire crowds to be honest

6. ParagonHawk

ParagonHawk Ascendant

Happy to see my religion is present here as well ;)

7. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I love the look! The Elementalist armor is awesome! Hope to see more designs in the future!

8. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

Yeah, well, given the intent, the result is not surprising - this character looks like a charlatan, trickster, card player, illusionist, some sort of a female version of Sherlock Holmes from the recent movies. But certainly not magical, not someone who would wield a magical staff and command vast elemental energies. Creating an illusion or maybe even light a match at a distance? Maybe even summon some sort of an annoying creature from the hat to pester the enemies? Certainly. But this is not a full blown magical combattant as the intented gameplay would suggest.
    This aside, just looking at the clothing design: trousers and high heels? How is that supposed to look good? And why would you add a long drape at her back when the intent is to keep the shape? Just think for a moment what the players will see most of the time during gameplay - front or the back of the character. Small fancy cape would have been a better idea imo.

9. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

No one said anything about the Warlord so.. :) I love the way he designed the Warlord,
    It reminds me of Avatar Korra's Republic City Police which also had the steampunk feeling.

10. giovanni

giovanni Ascendant

i really want play this game

11. Barbara

Barbara Ascendant

These designs are amazing. c:

12. MR.M

MR.M Ascendant

Amazing art, amazing design can't wait to play this game.

13. Ismae

Ismae Ascendant

I'm really excited to see these designs in the game. I also wish to see the specific designs that the other gender for each class will have. (Since I'm pretty darn sure that a male version of the Warlord will not have his thighs show as much as the design above nor his chest.) Also, that Elementalist looking fly as hell! Hot damn.

14. revofire

revofire Ascendant

Gosh I'm so happy about these designs. I love SK/Japanese MMO's. They know how to make things look pretty which includes our various religions *wink wink*, going back to how MMO's used to be when they didn't hold back due to criticism from non-gamers. Love it.

15. Dracar

Dracar Ascendant

Love the steampunk/Fantasy look.

16. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    better make sure these are on unreal engine 4 and not 3 cause if not these will look bad.

17. barbatas

barbatas Ascendant

I can not wait for the game to be released!

18. Meotam

Meotam Ascendant

I really love this art style, because its like fantasy and steampunk mixed.... so amazing!

19. Partiesplayin

Partiesplayin Ascendant

The skankyer the better. Now back to the drawing board with that in mind.