Sub-Classes in all its glory

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Ael431, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

This Thread has been resolved.

Thank you all for your help.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  2. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

My only experience with a subclass system is Lineage 2. And just like Lineage 2 itself, i think that a subclass system SUCKS.

At first you may think that it might be pretty cool to branch out in options somewhere along the leveling process and at some point be able to choose how to further develop the character you play. But just take a mental step back and look at what's happening: your choices when it comes to variety of play styles are actually less numerous than in a game without subclasses. Each subclass is based on the same fundament of basic skills that are becoming increasingly useless the further you level your character - and if not, there is not enough difference between these classes to justify leveling up each of them.

I'd rather see a certain number of well thought out different classes, that also can offer a certain gameplay variety through a skill point system - where you can vary your playstyle by amplifying certain skills, like it has been done in WoW, Aion or Tera - than a subclass system, where you end up with a tiny selection of actually usuable ablities.

3. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

Seeing how they mentioned there will be subclasses revealed in due time it is worth talking about to a point. I think that subclass (if done right and efficiently) can add much to a class and its mechanics throughout all avenues of gameplay; if done correctly that is.

4. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

Each classs will have two stances to play... If you really want more constraints,
    play one stance only. It will be like locked sub-class

5. Sera

Sera Guest

As @xMantissx States currently each class has two stances, which have been referred to as subclasses, although both stances level at the same time and as you level you unlock skills in both stances at the same time. The stances are all named and do have specific roles, such as the Mystic Radiance and Verdure stances. Where Radiance is a DPS stance and Verdure a healing stance.

These names and roles are already well defined in the game, and discussion of each is of course in the class discussion part of these forum. Where people are discussing the subclasses/stances along with translations of the skills for each stance. Note each stance has 14 active skills, in addition each stance can load out 4 passive from a choice of 8.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  6. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

I couldnt seem to find a detailed Thread on said subclasses. Link?

Well appreciated.

7. Sera

Sera Guest

https://forum.airthegame.com/index.php?forums/skills-classes.57/

Click on the appropriate class and the first post is from PM_Jouska here he names and outlines the stances and the role each stance plays. The stances are the sub-class

ShmemSolid likes this.
  8. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

I see, I was under the impression that those "subs" where abilities not subs. makes more clear sense.

9. Henry Adams

Henry Adams Ascendant

Thanks for the information. :)