Special Server Concept Feedback Collection

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by A:IR Crew, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Chi

Chi Ascendant

This is an interesting idea! And since its an opt in feature i see no downside to at least implementing it into a sort of trial run.

So im only bringing up things i didn't see mentioned yet:

I know the wording is server however in practice is it a "choose at character creation" or more "click which you'd like to play" on login. I.e. if say theres both a pvp special server and a pve set special server:

Would you be able to grind/do an early test dungeon with your buddies. Log off with them take a break and go back later solo for some pvp fun? I think how easy it is to join in on these will affect how used they are.

Some bonus thoughts: since the exp loot and gold is still debated (since if its locked per character it might need the exp to get to end game to test things. And thus non transferable.) But, I like the idea of trade in ticket type reward system. Have it locked to account and given out for giving test input? Rewards most likely being special skins since thats just swag and not gameplay issue!

2. Erris

Erris Ascendant

If you get pk'ed on the pvp server what loot do you lose? Does it include your gear getting taken and will that transfer to the normal servers when your loot is lost?

3. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    sorry for the late reply Jouska buddy I have been away for the holidays.... I read more into it and realized it wasnt splitting so didnt bother to update.

Thanks for replying though and clarify more as well.

Also when you get time can you pm me as to discuss something so as not to break any conduct.

4. Lirulin

Lirulin Ascendant

If you implement it the way Alyria suggests, I would give you ALL of my monies. All of them.

To be honest - the only drawback I could see to making these special servers relates to the number of players they bring over from normal servers. In other words, would these "special servers" somehow rob the population from normal servers making it harder to find people to group with?

5. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

I would suggest maybe points for cosmetic items, inventory slots, etc on the main server, kinda like a modified version of the BDO loyalty shop. There's nothing there that would give a huge advantage but it would be a great way for people with cash limitations or issues with your payment services to get some cash shop items.

6. Eredeen

Eredeen Ascendant

magician will be available to male characters?

7. Dracar

Dracar Ascendant

This could be a good or bad thing a lot of good possibilities to think of.

8. Olympion

Olympion Ascendant

I think I have the grasp of the concept please correct me if i am wrong. The special server is basically a giant temporary room for players that are willing to enter, to test certain mechanics or other specific game rules or whatever you need to be tested. We the gamers can give positive and negative feedback so we can help you create the best game you can. Not sure if that is accurate to what you've been telling us, but if that is correct I would be more than willing to participate.

9. Yeiko

Yeiko Ascendant

He leído todo los comentarios y en ellos veo cosas muy interesantes y puntos de vistas propios , por lo que compartiré el mio:

Creo que lo de los servidores especiales puede claramente brindar a los jugadores un descanso del servidor principal y a la vez ayudar con estadísticas al desarrollo de AIR. Pero después de esto , no veo una razón mas para querer jugar en estos servidores especiales desde el punto de vista de un jugador competitivo.

Valdrá la pena invertir mi tiempo en estos servidores ? , cuando no tendra ningun efecto sobre mi servidor princial y lo que logre en los especiales se reiniciaran ?.

Creo que pueden preguntarse, aparte de cambiar mi rutina, que mas puede ofrecerme estos servidores especiales ?.

NOTA: creo que con ellos se podrían otorgar algún tipo de logro , símbolo o medallas a los jugadores por lograr grandes hazañas dentro de estos servidores especiales o eventos dentro de ellos, que se puedan ver reflejados en los servidores principales pero solo de manera estética brindando así interés en los jugadores para entrar a ellos y sin alterar el equilibrio del servidor oficial.

Un saludo al equipo , espero sigan con todo y muchos ánimos, que los estamos esperando , solo no nos hagan esperar mucho :) .

10. Ody Mam

Ody Mam Ascendant

Sounds good having special servers for a short amount of time. I'm really interested in seeing how that PK looting will work because I haven't really played a game that had PK Loot for ages...

11. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

PK looting seems to be undergoing a come back. I noticed it mentioned in one or two other games as well.