Question for people in beta - how mandatory is PvP?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by hardus77, May 18, 2019.

1. hardus77

hardus77 Ascendant

Hello everyone,

Right so, let's skip the PvP Vs PvE argument, some people like PvP, others don't. I just happen to not like it.

My question is - how much of the game can I enjoy without PvP? Is there any real pve endgame? Is all high lvl grind in PvP only zones?

Air looks amazing, visually, and I'd love to play it, but if it's one of the old school "open PvP everywhere as you farm", then I would have to skip it, and be sad :(

Thank you!

2. Berinima

Berinima Ascendant

To somewhat answer your question, PvP in the open world is pretty much mandatory. Starting from level 34ish you will be questing in conflict zones where both factions clash. Later on you will be temporarily moving to zones from your faction again, but as far as I can tell all the endgame areas are conflict zones. On the flipside, the game offers five channels so if one might see a red player it's quite easy to ***** out.

Regarding a real PvE endgame, if you are referring to dungeons and raids there kinda is one. But so far the "dungeons" have been quite laughable. I haven't reached the endgame yet (level 40 at the moment) but with the exception of the beginner dungeon all of them have followed the same lazy design principle. Build ONE room, place some trash mobs inside to extend the experience and have the party then fight ONE boss. That's it so far. Maybe the endgame dungeons are more in depth but I am making an educated guess here… If you are looking for a decent PvE experience, play Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls or even WoW instead. Oh, and also the itemization is straight out of RNG hell.

That sounds like it hate the game. I don't, it has been actually quite enjoyable so far. But if you are looking for great PvE you might wanna look elsewhere.

3. Sonic

Sonic Ascendant

Postman
    lets hope by the time the EU version comes out, it will be allot better Berinima

4. Berinima

Berinima Ascendant

A lot… That I doubt. I have made some suggestions how the game could get better for the EU/NA client in the beta review thread free for every publisher and developer to ignore. ^^

5. Sonic

Sonic Ascendant

Postman
    i'm sure they will once their close to officially opening a eu/na server

6. IronArm

IronArm Ascendant

My favorite dungeon so far has been the Hall of Challenge. Which is more of a "climb the tower" style dungeon. Its a challenge room with the stages getting more and more difficult. The game definitely needs some work, especially in the PvE realm. My Thai isn't the greatest, but I've been trying to send as much feedback as I can to hopefully get some changes implemented.

7. Sonic

Sonic Ascendant

Postman
    Last edited: May 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM