Q&A during CBT2

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Piou, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Piou

Piou Ascendant

I think it's a good time to start Q&A. Please, ask questions below about the game. Players who have already played CBT1 or maybe A:IR GM's or CM's will be able to answer your questions, while things that we do not know, we can check during the upcoming CBT2. @Sera @Squirrel what's your opinion about this form?

Sera likes this.
  2. Sera

Sera Guest

3. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    Good idea!

Provided we'll see PvP introduced in the next CBT, I would really love some more information on that.
    If there should turn out to be some form of Open PvP, how does it work in more detail? Are there punishments and if yes, which?

How intricate is the skill system and does it provide enough depth and variety?

Does the world of AIR feel open enough or are there clear boundaries that make things feel very inacessible and limited?

If they do introduce a guild system in the upcoming tests, I would love to know a bit more about it as well and the options it brings with it.

Sera likes this.
  4. Sera

Sera Guest

We will see PVP in the upcoming tests this week, key part of what they want to test. The skill system will be a good one to probe. I know for the Mystic are is needed to build stacks before triggering damage skills (or you do no damage), I know from @Squirrel that for the gunner switch stances at the right point is critical for max damage. So looks promising.

In terns of areas, the zones are big, although of course separated into islands, we should for this test have access to another island for PvP so we will have a chance then to see the areas.

5. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

I have some questions that are coming to my mind^^.

1)Will they improve the skill animations and the way of skills itself ? Because most of the features look like Bless Online while Bless was not popular im most of regions already because of skills etc.

2)There will be castle siege, fortress battles in open open world ?

3)How is the guild system ? like guild levels, active and passive skills, guild shop, guild quests, guild house etc ?

4)How is the trade system in the game ?

5)They will not allow multi accounting, right ?

6)How is the marketplace, p2w issues too ?

7)How is the optimisation, fps, ping, lag while playing the game ?

8)There will be territory wars between the two factions like occupying each other's lands at every battle campaign ?

9)There will be naval battles on the sea & underwater battles with ships, submarines etc too in the future ?

10)Did you see any kind of features thy used in Tera Online as using in AIR too ?

11)1st Closed Beta is a success so far in Korea ?

Note:
    I hope that we will have really nice open world pvp and pve too to interact with each other more, like Lineage 2^^ (lineage 2 was my 1st mmorpg in my mmorpg life^^).

wSnake likes this.
  6. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

Looking through your questions I feel like I'm not really able to answer anything but I'll give a shot at a couple

1. Not sure what you've seen but the skill animations are just fine in game from what i've seen
    2. We don't know yet but I don't think so at this point
    3. None of us were able to get into a guild, not even sure if it was in cbt1 at all
    4. trading was not in cbt1
    5. I'm assuming it's the same rules as most games, i.e. probably not
    6. There was no marketplace in cbt1
    7. the game itself ran fine in terms of fps and whatnot, there were inherent ping issues from using a vpn though
    8. I didn't experience this in cbt1
    9. I saw a picture of a naval boat posted somewhere so maybe in the future
    10. what are you referring to here?
    11. it was a good beta imo and I think they'll improve it a lot for the next one.

Rhajul likes this.
  7. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

Now is the time for more questions guys since we're playing right now

8. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    When do you get to choose your faction? What do you need to do to get placed in one and how does it impact you as opposed to before, what changed/is different?

9. Piou

Piou Ascendant

Sera likes this.
  10. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

Players were complaining about bless online skill system etc so when I saw the videos of AIR - thy looked so similar. That's why, I wanted to ask how were the skills, the animation effects etc. I follow the AIR but I am afraid that thy can make region IP block so I don't make my hopes so high anymore. In black desert, thy ruined most of players hope with the region block.

I realy liked tera online but thy made lot's of mistakes with that game so it is very dead game right now in EU. I am hoping to get good features of tera to see in AIR^^.

Tera online good features == dungeons, skills, skill animations, gathering effects, mob drops on open world

11. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

Did you see the video from @Piou about picking your faction? If not I can link it for you

12. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    I saw Sera stream it :) But thank you!