Please launch as buy to Play

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Potato9000, Aug 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Potato9000

Potato9000 Ascendant

You can even share the same entry fee as BDO or different price points that BDO launched with, but PLEASE dont launch as F2P!

2. folko1

folko1 Ascendant

How about no?

piyang likes this.
  3. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

because nobody want a f2p system,gold sellere,cheaters,negative community will destroy game in 3 month!!

4. folko1

folko1 Ascendant

"Nobody wants a f2p system" That's where you're wrong.
    F2p gives everyone a chance to try out the game and decide wether they like it or not. We had BDO as a b2p that turned into a cash grab, we had bless online that launched as a p2p model and eventually ended up being a cash grab, so we don't need Ascent to do the same.
    The game can actually succeed far better if it would launch as a f2p model instead.

Perosnally I hope this game will be a f2p model. That way, everyone can play and decide wether they want to invest their time and money into the game or not.
    I just hope it won't be a p2w game, but that relies entirely on the developers.

Lointaine and piyang like this.
  5. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

game will be soon p2win dont worry :),first game is korean(every korean game is p2win),second KAKAO GAMES is publisher enough good reason for p2win :D

6. folko1

folko1 Ascendant

All the more reason to launch as a f2p.
    I wouldn't pay to play a game just to end up having to pay even more to progress.

Lointaine likes this.
  7. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

p2p best way for sure.If youcan pay 20 dollars for outfit,then you can pay 13 dollars for subscribe!!

8. folko1

folko1 Ascendant

Point is I am not gonna be paying 20 dollars for an outfit.
    Look at warframe for example.
    It's a free to play game, with a very healthy player base, not p2w at all, and you can get everything for free there if you put enough effort into it.

Also, considering it's kakao we're talking about, p2p would be a horrible idea. That way, they'd just to the same thing they did with BDO, so no ty.

9. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

then dont play mmorpg games,this is game for long path,people slend money for outfits,cosmetics and more shits in shop thats normal if you play game 5-6 years!!

10. folko1

folko1 Ascendant

1) lol no, I am not gonna stop playing mmorpgs. Mmorpgs are my life fuel.
    2) An mmorpg isn't supposed to be about who's got the fattest wallet.
    3) So long as the game isn't p2w, it's good. Cause who the **** would want to buy a game for 50 bucks and find out they can't progress normally if they don't pay extra cash for decent progression?

Bottom line is, a free mmorpg can surpass a p2p one if the devs and publishers play their cards right.
    Take gw2 for example. It went f2p eventually, and it's still surviving with a healthy player base.

Matter of fact, if base game A;IR will be f2p, and there will be some extra major expansions that require cash, that's cool with me.
    In gw2 for example, the only expansions you have to pay with cash for are heart of thorns and path of fire, and the rest you can grind ingame currency to purchase and play through the extra episodes.

11. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

first you need to know Guild wars have great history and they have player base like a wow,we talk about new game and biggest problem korean game,i play over 22 years mmorpg games and y i have bad experience with korean games.Every game is p2win it doesn't matter if a game f2p,b2p or p2p korean games always be p2win and they focused only for cash shops not for improve a game,right now i waiting only for Ashes of Creation this game is last hope for mmorpg players! I hope air will be amazing game,but i dont like publisher for eu/na :/!!

12. folko1

folko1 Ascendant

If it will inevitably go p2w, why have a b2p model to begin with? It's just cash grab with extra steps at that point.

13. Vujkan

Vujkan Ascendant

i said subscribe is best way for this game,and f2p is not possible for this game,they spend idk maybe 50 milions or more so you need to return this money with subscribe + cash shop without p2win!!

14. Insanity

Insanity Ascendant

Would also recommend the buy to play route with a decent cosmetic cash shop and subscription, you could offer every free to play weekends every now and then to attract new players, or you could give out 7 day game time codes to buyers who can give them away to friends and family.

Free to play on the other hand could ruin the game rather quickly cause it offers more free room for cheaters, currency sellers since once caught they can and will simply make new accounts and continue destroying the experience for all others.

15. Celestial

Celestial Ascendant

There is a misunderstanding going on among p2p defenders so I want to clearify some points
    First of all, in this game trading is banned so making this game f2p, p2p or montly sub doesn't change anything. There will be no money sellers.

Second of all, making this game f2p, p2p or montly sub not going to effect the amount of cheat users. Because those cheats are not free. Someone willing pay for cheats can also pay for initial money to play this game(Cheats are montly subscribed). There are examples that proves me right. Cs go is p2p but there are tons of cheat users. Bdo is p2p but there are lots of cheat users. To prevent cheating, method is simple publisher should care its community and investigate reports that they get well. Faceit in cs go is also solution. If you don't know what faceit is you simply pay them and they macth you with better player (less cheaters, afks, trolls). But at the end it is same. Publishers (Or someone else like faceit) should look upon their game and ban all the cheaters etc.

All in all, I want this game f2p beacuse with that money I can buy whatever I want from cash shop. And I don't want to pay to a game without knowing if it is good. Before Bdo I was also defending p2p. But right know I have trust issues. They made me like this.

16. Insanity

Insanity Ascendant

First of all, just because trading is banned like it is in nowdays a lot of new MMORPG doesnt mean people wont sell currency, people infact selling them over the Auction House.

Secondly, some people who cheat wont be scared by buy-to-play that might be true, but there is still a number of people who wouldnt buy a second or third account and keep cheating, and having less cheaters is something I without a doubt pay for.
    I know exactly what FaceIt is, and im also aware that they have less cheaters, but still have them, still having less cheaters means more people can enjoy the game.

I can tell that you want to be a freeloader, and I dont mind you playing the game, but if you need a game to be free-to-play to tell if its good, thats just a cheap excuse, you have Beta's to come, you can like I mentioned maybe play on a free-to-play weekend or grab a 7 day code from a friend who doesnt mind paying.

Look at Apex Legends for example, they trying real-hard to win the war against cheaters, but they wont, they even go as far as giving out HWID Bans, that doesnt prevent new waves of cheaters coming every week, and infact a lot of cheaters come back easily, because all they have to do is create a new Account and destroy the experience for hundreds of people again, day by day, until catched, rinse and repeat.
    And I bet you, if they would have to pay $40 bucks each time they get caught, the numbers of cheaters would rapidly go down.

17. Celestial

Celestial Ascendant

Item values was limited in bdo. Can you explain better I don't know if there is a method. How can you trade your money to someone else.

And also in apex you don't have anything on your account. All you gain is on you like muscle memory etc.
    But in an mmo if you get banned it's over all your effort, work is gone since you can't trade it to another character because trade is banned. Oh I forgot you know secret method to trade :D

18. Insanity

Insanity Ascendant

For BDO as your example:
    [​IMG]
    People get creative.

In my recent Game they used Auction House combined with any item that would be considered useless to the majority and you put it in at the highest possible price and the gold seller would buy it out after it went out of bidding phase. That method was also used to sell items over the current highest available price in the auction house.

"And also in apex you don't have anything on your account. All you gain is on you like muscle memory etc."

You also lose progress in form of Ranks and Account Level.

Ayia likes this.
  19. Celestial

Celestial Ascendant

Okay you are right. It's been a long time I stop playing bdo. If the same thing will be avaible in air there is no reason play it. I think because there is no checking they can sell money that easily. Normally people should heasitate to do it. Whole guild can be banned because of this. If publishers keep banning them I don't think they will try it ever again because they will lose all they got.
    And also previous comment you said you can try it on beta but the thing is beta and relased game can be so different. Generally it differs alot. Game's status when after 6 month from relase date is also differs alot.

Kakao lied in bdo. Blue hole also ruined Tera (I didn't play thats what I heard) so their name is blacklisted. If they want to prove themselves that they not gonna repeat same mistakes they shouldn't want money from us at least initially.

20. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

After monitoring this thread for some time, I feel like giving my humble opinion on the matter. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the publisher of A:IR should not make the game buy to play, because of their history with other games? I don't believe that's how it works.

I'll give you my experience with free to play games versus buy to play games. And if anybody says there is no difference, then they simply haven't played enough games. The difference is enormous and the main one is the player base.

If you go with a buy to play model, you won't have as many children running around, being unable to show respect to anybody and cursing at the smallest inconvenience. Basically, the community will be filtered.

When people see a free to play the game, they're eager to jump at it and often these games are a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that whether a game is buy to play or free to play is an indicator for whether the game is good or bad, but it does have a huge impact on the player base, which is something you need to deal with every day.

When people have to consider buying a game, more or less, they put thought to that purchase. They are spending their money after all. There are several things that will be contemplated - consideration, risk assessment and overall a thought to what the player is purchasing.

I would like to see A:IR launched as buy to play game, but overall - It doesn't matter what's discussed here, as our opinions are simply irrelevant and will not be taken into consideration for the game launch.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019