Player Housing and Life Skills

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by OneLoneHero, Nov 26, 2017.

1. OneLoneHero

OneLoneHero Ascendant

User Testing/Student
    Do you think it should be built by a player or hire NPC workers like in Revelations. Do you want life skills to be like BDO, ESO, FFXIV or something new.

2. Misao

Misao Ascendant

Fujoshi
    I just want housing to be afordable for normal people and EVERYONE can have a home. Not only the few who can camp a area at 3am :oops:
    Not a fan of limited areas as in FFXIV. Wildstar did a pretty nice job.
    Oh and it would be lovely if the player builds it ;)

Vampiric, Shion and Chi like this.
  3. Lientje

Lientje Ascendant

Being furry trash
    I think it'd be more engaging if the player has to do it themselves. I always think it's rather boring if you hire an NPC worker to do it for you.
    For life skills, something like BDO would be nice. Again, it engages the players.

4. Ayuna

Ayuna Ascendant

https://airthegame.com/teaser
    Go to the link, then to "News" and check the article "Feature showcase", they already teased player housing there. From what is sounds like everyone gets a house (?) and you can build neighbourhoods with other players. I'm guessing it will be instanced based, where there is a neighbourhood with limited houses and if one is full another instance is made. Seems you will also be able to customise your house. Obviously just me guessing how housing will go so don't take it as fact.

Vampiric and Misao like this.
  5. Kurumi

Kurumi Ascendant

Revelation Online... good game, but always the same... i played the beta, but.. is a dead game now

6. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    I would prefer it if players built it themselves.
    If it'll be your home, you should be building it yourself.

7. Erry

Erry Ascendant

I like housing being exclusive and in the open world, like in ArcheAge. I don't see the point of having a house if its in some separate instance, its disconnecting from the world and feels empty and fake. Building your house in a zone people go through while questing or doing dailies really gives you a feeling of being part of a world and community.

8. Luciferia

Luciferia Ascendant

I didn't quite like how exclusive it was in AA, but I did get some land myself. However it was way to cut throat and a general disappointment for many.

I don't like instanced homes that are disconnected from the world either. I liked how my plushie house was visible by everyone that walked down the main road. Hopefully there is a way to make that happen, but I am guessing it won't be the case.

9. inna

inna Ascendant

where is link for download client?

10. Ayuna

Ayuna Ascendant

Closed Beta for NA/EU will be in 2018, there is no client download until some time in 2018 or later.

11. Pyronus

Pyronus Ascendant

Digital marketing
    I like how this post ended up in this thread :p

Dendon likes this.
  12. Dendon

Dendon Ascendant

I honestly like the way Wildstar have done their housing. Though I would like larger housing plots, and larger housing options overall. The ability to turn off whether people show up at your housing or not I think is essential. Add to that being affordable. Personally i would love the option to be able to craft things in game. I am NOT a fan of lock boxes but I AM a huge fan of being able to straight out pay for things, and doubly a fan of being able to get items for housing form dungeons, quests and and such. Being able to make a business where I can craft say clocks, art of furniture sounds like a great possibility as well.

Arthenics and Misao like this.
  13. Elobomg

Elobomg Ascendant

Student
    I hope I can collect the materials and build it with my own hands and help my friend on the building for them, i think is much more funny to buy it myselft rather than a NPC do it in 32 hours 23minutes 12 seconds

Shion likes this.
  14. Cubtheman

Cubtheman Ascendant

Ruler of SG
    Have the ability to build your homes, gather resources but do it so you don't have to sell your soul by heavy grinding and a ridiculous time consuming process. It'd be interesting if everyone got the chance to own a home.Though I wonder will it be instance based?

15. Chi

Chi Ascendant

I liked BDO's the best so far honestly.

The houses were pre-set into the town but anyone could buy the house. So while yes you and your friend might own the same exact location you never had to fight someone at 2am over a spot. And it didnt feel as disconnected as loading in a whole mini instance (either one house or neighborhood).

Would be nice to see a specific tab or toggle if you wanted the house marked as a public area (Inn, guildhouse, what have you) or at least not lock it to friends/party members only.

Arthenics and Vampiric like this.
  16. Cubtheman

Cubtheman Ascendant

Ruler of SG
    Yeah doesn't sound too bad, I wonder if they'll allow for floating guild castles like TERA though. God, I loved those.

17. Chi

Chi Ascendant

That'd be really nice- or something like a floating dock since it looks like guild battles might mainly be using airships. Aesthetically it would make sense that you gotta put them somewhere! So why not show some off?

Cubtheman likes this.
  18. Cubtheman

Cubtheman Ascendant

Ruler of SG
    Right, It would fit in perfectly. Especially because the whole game is mainly flight related transportation and in addition, it would be amazing to have a huge guild docks with visibly parked airships and things.

19. Pangolin

Pangolin Ascendant

https://www.mmorpg.com/ascent-infin...nd-final-thoughts-from-g-star-2017-1000012307

Arthenics and Chi like this.
  20. shochbaum

shochbaum Ascendant

:eek:that would be amazing:rolleyes:

Cubtheman likes this.