New A:IR Trailer

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Nagule, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Nagule

Nagule Ascendant

Did you see?

2. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
  3. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Yeah. I found that late last week. It got me excited for the large scale mechanic monsters we might fight. I hope air combat is fun and interesting!

*zooms off in her air ship row boat*

4. Wick

Wick Ascendant

Well i guess its time to buy a new Computer :D

5. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

They have specs around here somewhere me thinks. But I’m meaning to upgrade my rig soon anyway. Might as well start saving up now!

6. Wick

Wick Ascendant

Yeah i saw the specs already on Facebook.

But mine is 5-6 Years old now...^^

Well its time.. i think xD

7. Muriele

Muriele Ascendant

I missed this trailer. Thanks OP.

8. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

I hate to be negative here, but here is my opinion.

I have watched every available Thai gameplay videos that are currently available in Facebook and Youtube. According to the loading screen, this build is already the pre-OBT build.
    I am not gonna write long paragraphs anymore with very detailed information explaining my personal impression and views. This game sucks based on all the available gameplay videos that I have seen which is already the pre-OBT build! This MMO is more vertical, linear, and solo-based than ever before! When it comes to Bosses, everyone have their own Drops determined by the game itself - we technically call this "Pure Random Loot System" (there is no "Need Before Greed", there is no "First Come First Serve"). This game has the worst Drop System that I have ever seen!

The RVR which is the Instanced Tempest Conflict Zone in the Thai version (called "폭풍우 분쟁지역" in the Korean version) is not an impressive feature for an MMO.
    The transmitter (Ribesion) in the Faction-Base provides you the Ship for this PVP. When you die, you respawn, you go back to the transmitter and get a new Ship. It's nothing but a BR mode!

They also copied Bless Online Steam version's Skill Combo Chain System which is a terrible Combat-design. This game has a very tedious and complicated Combat like Bless Online's. As someone who grew up playing Tab-targeting and has no problem with Tab-targeting Combat, the Combat-design of this game is really bad!

If the Thai version is what you have to show me for your development progress of this game, I am very disappointed with almost all the design decisions! This is nothing but another Astellia Online!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  9. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

I signed-up in this forum solely for the chance to get invited for the Western CBT1 Test in Q1 2018 (which was delayed to Q3 2018) which we all know never happened. That's the only reason I exist here, nothing more!

The reason the Thai version is coming out before NA/EU and Korean version, is because Playpark has lower standard. Just look at Bless Online when it had a Publishing-deal with Aeria Games - because the quality of the game didn't meet the Publisher's standard, Aeria Games stayed for so long without announcing anything nor giving any updates on the development, in the end, terminating the Publishing-deal. This can also be happening for this game for all we know (after all, this game look's worse than Bless Online JP) as we are hearing nothing from Kakao. Just think about the quality standard - the Thai version looks sh*t to me! Do you think Kakao is not evaluating this game like Aeria Games did to Bless? That's the reason why the Playpark version is coming out first, Kakao is not currently impress with the quality of this game, and neither do I!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  10. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

Faut avouer que, comme le souligne Eternal, la chute de FPS en combat est vraiment dramatique, j'ai vraiment l'impression qu'ils n'ont rien fait de se côté là. J'ai visionné les vidéos des premiers testeurs et c'est toujours aussi terrible, surtout en RVR ! J’espère sincèrement que les prédictions d'Eternal ne se réaliseront pas et que l'on ne se retrouvera pas avec un nouveau clone de "Bless". Le combat, par contre, orienté action me paraissais plus simple que celui de Bless, un peu à la Tera d'après les vidéos. Mais la barrière de la langue, n'aide pas, Eternal à surement plus d'info et une meilleure analyse que moi. De toute façon je vais suivre les retours de la Beta attentivement. Espérons que la version Coréenne soit plus aboutie sinon c'est perdu d'avance !

11. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Without seeing the videos Eternal and Kjjing mentioned above I will say that if they accurately depict how the game looks and feels it is cause for concern. Especially with the failings of other games still fresh in our memory. To touch on a few specific points though:

• The “Pure Random Loot System” appears to be gaining momentum in the gaming world. Perhaps because the all mighty giant WoW implemented a similar loot system other publishers believe it is acceptable? I’m not sure and quite honestly I’m always on the fence about this system. I can see the benefits of such a loot system during public events or level dungeons, but I can also see how it greatly restricts the replay drive of content. Perhaps it is the sign of the times? Who knows.
    • Battle Royale Mode : Again, I haven’t seen the video Eternal is describing, but that doesn’t exactly sound like a BR to me. Mainly because it sounds like the PvP is missing the “Last man standing” mechanic. I could be wrong! Anyway, BRs are another unfortunate “battle ground” (I use the term loosely) sneaking its way into the MMO scene. We all know Ashes of Creation has one, Revelation Online is implementing one, and I’m sure there are others out there I don’t even know about. It is unfortunate, but not something only A:IR is possibly doing. A large number of players enjoy that genre of gameplay. *shrugs* I don’t, but many do.
    • The skill combo system : I was one of the rare players who enjoyed the skill combo system of Bless I guess. It felt, to me, more engaging than the simple “click 1, 2, 3” tab targeting system. I enjoyed working through the chains to maximize my damage or healing depending on the role I was filling. I wouldn’t mind a system like this in A:IR IF it is implemented well.
    I’ll try to get my hands on a few videos while at work today before I form opinions on the current state of the game. However, seeing some of the feedback on the forums I know what to look for and can take that into account as I continue to follow the development of the game (even if we don’t have much information flowing from Kakao)

12. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@Alyria Allow me to explain in the shortest manner as possible.

1.) The Drop System for all the Bosses (and I watched every Thai gameplay videos of this game) in the Open World (from Quests) and Instanced Dungeons are 'all' Pure Random Loot System. It means there are no dice rolls (the Need Before Greed), there are no "whoever picks it up first".
    [​IMG]

2.) The Combat System definitely have a Combo System. Look at the skill-tab below (some skills have yellow frame in it, some do not have yet). Below is a Gunslinger. You keep casting the Precision Shot, it will then unlock Targetted Shot as the next combo (it will now have yellow frame in it. the skill will even appear on the right side of your character to inform you the next combo). This is a Combo System. As you already mentioned, not many people (including myself) enjoyed the Skill Combo Chain System of Bless. My problem is the combat is unnecessarily very complicated, tedious, and limiting like in the Steam version of Bless. In this game, we have a Stance system (2 Stances), a CP system for ultimate skills (these skills also have long cooldowns), an SP (Mana) system, a Combo system, and the Assassin have a Stack system. The combat-design is very bad in my opinion.
    [​IMG]

For the Flying Mounts in this game, the Combat is exactly the same (we also have the combos).
    [​IMG]

As for the Ribesion Airship, there are 3 guns. Once the one you are currently using overheats, you switch to another gun. Again, this is rythmic (rotational).
    [​IMG]

3.) As for the Instanced Tempest Conflict Zone RVR, I know exactly how it works. Both Factions will switch turn Defending and Assaulting the 7 Bosses for 20 minutes each. 3 of the bosses are worth 7 points each, another 3 of the bosses are worth 5 points each, and the one in the middle is worth 10 points, if these bosses are killed. the team with the most points win the match.

My comparison of it to BR is not because it is "one man standing" (this is not how this RVR works as I explained). My comparison of it to BR, is because the game (the Match, specifically) is providing you the Ships. WttF is this? A skill-based match? Atleast in Revelation Online (and we both came from that game), the resources used in Clan Wars, Players all provide.

Once you die and respawn, you can run to this transmitter and get a new Ribesion Ship. This is a skill-based match. it's a joke even for a PVP MMO! And according to the Devs, this RVR is one of the main selling-point of this MMORPG.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  13. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Thank you for the rundown @Eternal. I’ll freely admit I was in the minority of liking the combo system in the Bless steam version. The dislike of it was well spread and seen as needlessly complicated. Then again, I look at a game like BDO and view that combo system as needlessly complicated. *shrugs* I don’t have my hands on the A:IR beta. It could be a situation where once I playI see that it is absolutely overcomplicated and not intuitive. Or it could be as simple as riding a bike for me. I’ll have to wait and see.

For the BR, I see where you are coming from now and understand your point. I would prefer they not give you ships. Rather you need to bring, build, repair, etc your own to stay in the fight.

Keep up the helpful work on these translations! I for one appreciate it.

14. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

Merci pour les précisions et les traductions Eternal.
    Si ils ont effectivement fait le même système de combos que Bless, c'est pas ce que j'appelle une réussite, nous verrons bien les avis des premiers testeurs...
    Ce type de pvp instancié n'est pas le seul j’espère.Je m’attendais à quelque chose de plus complet, du style AA ou d'Aion, en open, avec de vrais objectifs et répercussions sur le monde, pas du simple BG. Je vais suivre tout cela avec intérêt !

15. Astaroth

Astaroth Ascendant

We need a new trailer dedicated to character creation.

16. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Hopefully with the upcoming TH CBT we will see some.