NA Server Location

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Kriya, Dec 16, 2017.

?

Where should the NA servers be located?

1. Chicago

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Texas

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. California

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Kriya

Kriya Ascendant

It's never too early to be concerned about server quality and location. I thought I'd just throw this out there but my friends and I never could get into Black Desert & Revelation Online because the servers are located in San Jose, CA on the West Coast. We live on the East Coast and would experience delays & desync that would affect our experience in both PvP & PvE. If the game is coming to NA, PLEASE make the right decision and find a suitable server location of good quality for everybody. As somebody that predominantly does PvP, this alone would kill the game for me and my group. I hear way too frequently about the server issues black desert has, and since A:IR is being published by the same Kakao Games, I'm concerned they'll make the same mistake. There wasn't enough noise about this for BDO before it was too late. Hopefully it's dealt with better this time.

**Edit**
    I created a poll with the most popular NA server locations (Chicago & Texas). I also included California so the poll can be as unbiased as possible. This poll was created with the assumption that there will be no east and west coast servers and all servers will be at the same location. Here's also a list of current popular mmorpgs and their server locations.

Chicago - Tera, World of Warcraft
    Texas - Archeage, Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online
    California - Black Desert Online, Revelation Online, World of Warcraft

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. A:IR Crew

A:IR Crew Administrator A:IR Crew

Excellent topic, why not toss up a poll for server locations? Say one poll for NA Locations and another for EU Locations. I would be happy to collect that feedback and hand it directly to the tech team.

3. Kriya

Kriya Ascendant

Created the poll. Thanks, that would be a big help if you could send them any feedback. I will look around and research the EU side of things first, as I'm unsure about popular EU server locations.

4. Nen

Nen Ascendant

Hopefully, its somewhere in the middle. I play BDO and experience quite a lot of desync and server issues. Prevented me from PVPing a lot.

5. A:IR Crew

A:IR Crew Administrator A:IR Crew

You are awesome, thank you.

6. Aynari

Aynari Ascendant

As for EU, Frankfurt (GER), Amsterdam (NL) and Paris (FR) could be considered.

7. Piou

Piou Ascendant

For EU Amsterdam is the best location and probably everyone know why :)

8. Crocodyle

Crocodyle Ascendant

As much as I would love it in CA so I can have badass ping... That seems hella silly for east coasters to deal with. So i vote Chicago.Texas would work too but I cannot dual vote