NA Publisher

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by revofire, Feb 7, 2018.

1. revofire

revofire Ascendant

Let's hope it's not something like Trion and ArcheAge. Between the P2W and the blatant censorship, I'm not sure which was worse since I couldn't PVP nor could I live a quiet house life in RP, kind of troubling when you pay so much for a game and then it demands even more if you want to even near the majority of players. My gosh.

crawlord likes this.
  2. Astral

Astral Ascendant

The publisher is Kakao Games, same publisher of Black Desert Online for NA/EU. So I have a feeling it will be similar to BDO's cash shop.

However, I personally wouldn't mind subscription based. I tend to enjoy the crowd in MMOs more that are subscription based. (Less aggressive immaturity when you get out and RP.)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Ael431 and crawlord like this.
  3. ShmemSolid

ShmemSolid Ascendant

I would love a sub based system...but please... lets avoid the archeage fiasco cash shop

Szmer likes this.
  4. Alteravitea

Alteravitea Ascendant

keep in mind also the dev's are pubg devs as well which means they most likely wont random introduce heavy cash shop that isn't just cosmetics (probably with perks but who knows) least thats what I'm hoping

5. Lemon

Lemon Ascendant

I personally wouldn't trust Jouska or kakao. Be cautious.

Interview from a few months after BDO launched they talk about P2W, and how they would never add something like a kamasylve buff item like KR has to the cash shop because its a major buff and overall advantage.... fast forward not even a year and a half later.... guess what just hit the BDO cash shop.... the very thing they claimed was p2w and would never add.

They launched the game under the premise that because its B2P we wont get those types of things in the cash shop that give major advantages...

Artisan memories
    Combat book
    Kama buff
    Tent

All very much P2W items and very much in our version. We are also the furthest behind of any region in terms of features and content even though we are making up 52% of BDO's revenue.... more than all the other regions combined.

Do not trust this publisher.

INB4 Delete.

crawlord likes this.
  6. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

You're right. Jouska made those decisions himself and deliberately lied to people. He's in control of the publisher and their financial decisions, they don't tell him what to say.

/s

7. Lemon

Lemon Ascendant

Doesn't change the fact that the publisher is not to be trusted regardless of who said it..... It's exactly why you shouldn't trust what he says because he has no control. The same people running BDO into the ground and fracturing the player base are the same people behind A:IR

Your logic just failed.

crawlord likes this.
  8. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

Tbh, one shouldn't trust ANY company focusing on F2P games as these usually try to extract most money in the shortest time possible from their players. P2W or gamebreaking updates seem very typical for F2P market.

But we seem to be in a somewhat lucky position as Bless developers have announced to offer Battles on the Sea and in the Sky, together with a reworked battle system, nice graphics in general and a game world that seem comparatively at least on par with A:IR.
    Some healthy competition from Bless should keep Kakao Games and Bluehole in check in regards to going p2w over the top.

crawlord likes this.
  9. Sera

Sera Guest

No no no no no..... it was our giant alien overlords who got the illuminati to do it..

10. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

I mean. If they aren't making enough money they have to change their business plan. That's pretty simple and straightforward.

11. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

From my player perspective, bait and switch into p2w by any publisher is as simple and straight forward as walking down the street and stepping into poo. I think that's quite a lasting learning experience for anybody.

12. Lemon

Lemon Ascendant

Thats the joke though BDO was marketed as B2P to avoid that from happening... but its still happening and getting worse. Oh and they dont communicate with us at all.

Jouska used to be the head PM over there..... they talked to us all the time, answered questions did interviews. Now it's a skeleton crew focused on revenue and not on the players..... it hasn't even been two years.

I think people here need to really look at kakao and how they are treating a playerbase in a game that has been successful. Very successful. If I were a bettin man I would say A:IR is for the same treatment.

crawlord likes this.
  13. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

I will second lemon being from the same house . I would wait for deep deep deep sale before indulging in anything KAKAO put forth post BDO. You will be lied to about total cost of ovwnership/gaming only to realize that you need
    1. an obscene amount of money
    2.Unlealistic amounts of time sans money to be viable.

Your concerns will not be addressed ..The idea is to make the most money for little investment on the devs side.
    If you will have disposable income and all the time in the world with the masochistic gated enhancement /advancement mechanisms You will love this franchise and will be competitive.
    If you RP and dont care to be competitive then pray and hope server connectivity is not a problem like BDO.

Ill admit i am looking through the lens of BDO and my past experience.

Trust nothing . DO not fall for it . Spend little and maximize your return. I have my popcorn out.

14. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

that is everyones concern which doers not inspire any gamers confidence.

15. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

solid logic

16. Jwander

Jwander Ascendant

The deeper I look the more skeptical I've become. It kind of puzzles me that these games are pointed toward a target market with a general population somewhere around 1/6th of the size of the alternatives. Looking forward to the day we get a few brave souls willing to cater to the mass. I could understand outsourcing but what I don't get is using their player base to mold the model. Begining to think I won't get to see another great title in my time.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  17. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

5TPNHGM-O9285A4-F6HJN1H-UDM22 Unused -
    1D6C544-PEDJSHU-JL0MB58-D9AQK Unused -
    DSFL9HJ-OS8ORAV-HUBO97Q-376LS Unused -
    QUOA1N8-4GD4V4E-Q62D29A-MUKQM Unused -
    9BICA6Q-P6CKTV6-I9NR68O-K0KM7 Unused -
    PUMQ4GG-R8DARVF-43O8699-5A5P Unused -
    UFTM379-SK4D3R5-K6OG5UI-BB1QI Unused -
    4DEUQJU-HHUMBTQ-2CIMSQH-LK5VE Unused -
    8SBCDQK-OM5O0G4-9981B8N-ARGPQ Unused -

These are my guest passes for BDO. Try it out and look at the cash shop....Make your own mind up about the monetization model :). Much as they say that they are unused them may have expired.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/redeem

18. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

I agree here, well put.