My experience with CBT

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Squirrel, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

Sharing my feedback/experience here as well so others can join in the conversation if they would like to build on what I experienced.

Positive:
    I really liked the way that certain abilities combo together. It was very intuitive when you saw the circle around an icon to know that you can use that ability in combination with what you just used to produce some kind of effect.
    Combat overall was enjoyable as a gunslinger, besides the lag it was fun and I felt effective.
    Queueing for dungeons is easy and you don't have to worry about 'roles' because the game sorts it for you. dungeons feel rewarding (mid to high level) because you can get legendary level weapon/armor recipes.

Neutral/Negative:
    Fall damage for extremely small falls.
    Not scaling HP pots well, even as a gunslinger I couldn't use good enough potions for my HP Doors being weird, not showing open when they should and closing immediately.
    Gathering nodes can be stolen from under your if the other person is faster or gets a better instant gather

Game Breaking:
    If you don't get the gem quest done and you over level it's literally impossible to continue with the story quest because there is 1. no mail system to mail other players or yourself 2. no trading system 3. no auction house system 4. no warehouse system.

You can keep leveling past 20 fairly easily because of rafian quests and grinding but you can never move on to a new area without the story quests.

Edit: My proposed solution to my bug is that the quest allows you to socket *any* gemstone into your weapon and un-socket it to complete the quest.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  2. Atorasu

Atorasu Ascendant

Thanks for the write-up, Squirrel!

I have a couple of inquiries for some of your points, as I didn't get a chance to try out CBT1 (and I am unsure how to apply, so I doubt I'll get into CBT2).

For the Gunslinger, I noticed in many of the Streams and content on youtube for this class that there are big bright AOE imagery indicators (can't think of the name for it) when doing attacks. Did you notice a way to scale the colouring down, or remove said colouring completely?

As for your neutral, negative - Is this fall damage that would kill you? Some games have fall damage, but even at great heights, it is impossible to be killed completely by it. Did you die from any falls?

For the game-breaking issue, if you over level you cannot do quests of a lower level in the story?

3. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

The big AOE indicators for your line attacks are super helpful honestly, it lets you know exactly what range your attacks will go, but no I didn't see a way to tone it down.

I believe that the fall damage would kill you if you were either low enough or fell from high enough, but mostly what I noticed was that it was annoying more than anything taking a few hundred damage jumping off a small wall that you barely would have been able to gilder off of (you need to be falling a certain height to glider).

the game breaking issue I had was a specific quest that you get early on (around level 4?) where you talk to an NPC, and are given a runestone to equip into your weapon. You're supposed to equip it, unequip it, and then complete the quest, but after I got the quest there were event mobs being spawned that gave lots of exp, so I out leveled the gemstone drop, and started getting the next tier up as the drop.
    There is no way in the starting area to buy the gemstone currently and there is no way to disenchant the gemstone if you upgrade it (like I did unknowingly). Does that answer your question?

4. Zombie

Zombie Ascendant

I'm hoping the game breaking issues are not yet activated in the game in CBT1?

or is there just no trading or auction house at all ? :(

5. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

Unfortunately I was unable to personally confirm those answers, I also didn't see any streamers showcase either of them so I can't confirm. Hopefully someone else can

6. loser

loser Ascendant

why

7. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

yet*

edit: that was available to me in the starting area*

8. loser

loser Ascendant

it is still concerning to me that none of this is available in any form at this stage, especially since as far as i'm aware there is no party loot either; it is all individual loot. the game right now looks and feels more like a single player experience than an actual ****ing mmo, and i'd really like to know whether or not this is actually going to be the case.

from watching streams i saw absolutely no one making use of trading or an auction house either. everything was simply vendored, so i have no reason to believe what you said isn't the case right now.

9. Ayuna

Ayuna Ascendant

Keep in mind it is the first closed beta right now, don't expect things to be perfect or all features to be in the game yet. Yes, the ability to trade, things like auction houses etc are important, but I don't think I've seen a MMO without these features. Until we official word about these, I would think it's because the game is still in development.

Squirrel likes this.
  10. Atorasu

Atorasu Ascendant

Yup! Thank you. Regarding the AOE indicators, it is more of the sense that I feel that they're too bright and look out of touch with the world, so customisation would be nice but it isn't something that's an issue.

For the fall damage, I hope they make it so only things that require a glider (or that you can equip a glider for) will give you fall damage if you do not use a glider. Something like a small ledge does sound like a pain, definitely if you're someone who likes to climb or get to high places within the game.

Your game breaking bug makes a lot more sense now. Hopefully, they will have a vendor positioned near this quest NPC or make it so you cannot progress your runestone higher than the quest itself until that is complete.

I'd assume that this is because it is the first phase and they want to focus more on the core mechanics rather than the stuff which is additional. I'm sure that the games will include a market/auction type feature or some type of player selling feature, but we'll just have to wait and see or see if @PM Jouska and his team has more information on this topic.

Edit: The game also has a crafting system, so it'd be very odd for them to do away with something like an Auction House as they normally come paired with the crafting systems.

11. A:IR Crew

A:IR Crew Administrator A:IR Crew

I have noted the bug you listed Squirrel and will report t along with your suggestion to fix it.

There are several systems that were not enabled or were limited for the first KR CBT, that included AH, Mail, etc. Do not worry, more of this will be shown in the future, and when it does debut, you will all have a chance to give us your feedback on how you think it should work.

Daelira, Ajee, Wynnter and 2 others like this.
  12. loser

loser Ascendant

as far as i'm concerned trading and auctions/markets are extremely important core features to any mmo. considering the last mmo i played was bdo, with no trading and a restricted market, and the next one i'll probably end up playing will be bless, with the exact same system, it's a huge deal to me if these features seem to be unavailable. the bdo market system is awful, and i don't want to see that **** constantly popping up in every damn game i play

Atorasu likes this.
  13. Piou

Piou Ascendant

This rune quest can be buged in different way as i send to Parballo. This quest accept only socketing T1 Atack rune, if you have 2 runes from monsters and that 1 from quest you can fuse 3 runes to T2 Rune. Adding T2 Rune for weapon does not result in completing the quest. The worst part of this you can't re-start quest, because it's story line so i just go back farm monsters to drop T1 Atack rune than when I get that T1 attack rune I was able to finish quest.

Tomorrow I will finish my final Feedback than I send it to Parballo.

Ayuna likes this.
  14. Ayuna

Ayuna Ascendant

It's great that you guys are actually testing for bugs and sending feedback, so kudos to you!

15. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

I was waiting the combat and skills should be like Tera Online; but it looks like the "Combat system and some features look like almost or exactly "Bless Online" ". The game needs to be more optimised; otherwise fps drops so much and I don't think it can handle the sieges or many players at the same place like how we were experienced in Tera Online Argon Assault on open world events.