More informations to come very soon

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Laguna, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Nagule

Nagule Ascendant

I agree ! I do believe that the possible players are much more interested in the game than the game owner. I feel that they put Ascent in a locker and forgot there.

If you look in the Member Forum, you will see that the official staff members does not log for months

Any inquire, sent an email to: (I just sent an email)
    ask@bluehole.net

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  2. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

CM Praballo does stop by pretty frequently, but we don't know who has information and who doesn't. There are multiple levels of 'red tape' and permissions the team needs before sharing information with us. While I don't agree with the radio silence or breadcrumbs of teasers we are receiving; I don't believe we should start turning on the CM tags just yet.

3. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

And for your information as well, let me just add that this game have been in development ever since 2012 when it first began working on the concept. Right now, we are approaching 2019. It will be it's 7 years in development! I would have earned my PhD Degree already if I pursued that study back in 2012. I would have lost my memory right now, re-learn Korean and English from the absence of development, and still localize this game myself faster than the pace that they would ever localize this game with their resources. You have the time, you have the resources, I don't know what is stopping you from developing a properly designed and properly developed game under a proper development timeline! If this is how you work, then I am not impress with the management of your firm! Tell me, who is your CEO? Is it some good-looking know-it-all Zhong Han Liang?

7 years man! Rather than a competent company, the way they conduct work is starting to look to me like it's some sort of office-themed Chinese or Korean Drama.

Don't start with this non-sense! I already have too much headaches to deal with!
    *facepalm

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  4. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

And I want to know, what is the selling point of A:IR? Since this company works 100% under business decisions anyway, that is something that they already decided before laying the keel. Tera has a selling point of Graphics, Action-targetting & complex Combat, and hardcore skill-based Difficulty, in which I continue to criticize the overall design of the game due to many lacking and absent features. Final Fantasy XI has a selling point of Depth, rich Contents, grind-based and rewarding Progression System that has a focus on Grouping in the immersive world of Vana'diel. Tell me, what is the selling point of A:IR? If it's only about the PVP, Action-targetting of armaments, and Vehicle-to-Vehicle Combat (Mechs, Airships, etc.) in the format of Revelation Online's gameplay design, Tera's graphics, visual design, & aesthetics, and Black Desert Online's color grading, then I am out because what I'm looking for is an MMORPG. This is exactly what it looks like! Considering the history of games from this company, I don't think they had, have, and will have a clear understanding of what MMORPG audiences are looking for in regards to an MMORPG, when in the first place, not a single of their MMORPGs ever resembled an MMORPG at the bare resemblance of design and characteristics!

BDO is a good game, it's not perfect and it has many flaws but it's better than what we currently have, but this game? It's starting to look like another Tera to me, a misprioritized game!

Switching to UE4 will yield no significant benefit if the design of the game remains the same. To me, I couldn't care less if they do it or not! I want to know what this game offers in contents and what it can deliver in experience. That's what matters to me, and if it's not the right kind, this is not the right game!

Tell us right now, what is the selling point of A:IR?, Rather than for us to figure it out or figure it out in the coming time. This is the reason why we are looking for more information anyway. If you can answer this, then it answers all our questions, not in a detailed but in a general way. Information is not an event, it can be subject to change before they could happen, which means even if you have an aim (and you do, since you work under business decisions exclusively), these are information that you could have communicated with us, in which you will not do for the sole purpose of business decisions again! Do not turn me to an idiot here, I know that you don't care about your playerbase!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  5. Kailis

Kailis Ascendant

I love reading Eternal. Literally every post seems like he's some kind of God who knows everything and could do anything.

Dude, if you don't like how this game looks, get out of here and stop posting walls of text that almost no one reads complaining because this game doesn't satisfy YOUR needs. You're tiresome.

Tbh I didn't expect any information, they have been giving us some but it's all pictures and text. Maybe there's a concept they're working on, but no gameplay ready to be shown.

Also I don't care if I've gotta wait. This game reminds me of ArcheAge with a much more appealing world. If it's gonna take one or two more years to be fully finished, then I'm okay with it as long as it's an enjoyable experience.

After all it's just a game *shrugs*

Nagule and Alyria like this.
  6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@Kailis This game reminds you of Archeage? You are bloody serious, are you? The gameplay information are already there under the Korean CBT along with the information from Korean players themselves who have played that CBT. Just watch the videos of already available gameplay from that CBT to see what the gameplay is.
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but it doesn't resemble Archeage, it resembles Revelation Online's gameplay design. When the information are already there, ofcourse you can interpret it. I'm not speculating, I'm telling you what it is! These data are facts and it doesn't need an approval of a Lawyer, it's common knowledge! What else are information but to be interpreted of their details and representation?
    Just because this game looks similar to Black Desert graphically, it doesn't mean that it's gameplay design is similar to Black Desert Online's, which I will tell you it is not under any circumstances.

Archeage is actually a good game but is mishandled by it's Publisher. The game design behind it is good like Black Desert Online's, these games have their share of flaws, but the overall game is better than what we currently have in Modern MMORPGs. Archeage features a zoneless world similar to Black Desert's. There are lots of resemblance between Archeage and Black Desert's game design that the two are comparable (both are Sandbox). But to compare Archeage to this game in terms of game design? A game that is Instance-based and Session-based with the persistence in the Open World? Are you really serious or are you that misinformed? This is not in any way similar to Archeage, this is just a Themepark MMO that is not Open World based. You wanna know what that is? That's Revelation Online!

It is your dream for this game to turn out like Archeage. Apparently, you needed facts for it to be accepted as a reality, in this case, it has to be supported with information. Open your eyes because the information you need are already there! This game is similar to Archeage in a parallel world, but in this world that is governed by it's own laws, these thoughts do not exist as facts, they are only idealism! You needed information to support factual claims! Tell me, have you been living in the simulated-reality of The Matrix? Take the pill for once because you have lost your perception of the material world!

Calling this as "just a game" is one of the reason why you are not informed. You never bothered to do it in the first place! Look at the gameplay videos again and tell me if it will ever resemble Archeage, a game that is actually a Sandbox.

A game doesn't fail in the market, (especially in the MMO market), if games are just games! If you want to see it that way, then you are free to do so! Do you even know how to interpret an expression and put it into a concept? It means that a game is without it's characteristics and features, you are claiming it as a matter with no attributes. I'm telling you this, a matter is not any different than any matter if the attributes are the same. Different attributes mean they are distinct, these differences make them comparative.

I don't need to tell you that I'm divine for you to listen to common sense! It's applicable to anyone!

7. Kailis

Kailis Ascendant

Yeah, you're right. I don't know anything in this life.

You're the ruler of knowledge. Excuse me sir.

P.S.: Did not even read your full answer. Just half of it. And it got me tired already x'D

Nagule likes this.
  8. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

With that being said, this game is a Themepark that follows a linear Progression (Quests, Storyline, Vertical Gear Progression, etc.). Not only it is a Themepark, it is Instance-based and Session-based with the persistence in the Open World.

Tell me, is this a good game design or you see it as just a variation? Don't compare this to Archeage because atleast that game have Sandbox elements and is actually Open World based without a linear Progression.

It is the game design of this game that will drag it to it's failure. Do not produce a dead horse only for you to drag it yourself to your own loss and humiliation!

To be honest, I couldn't care less whether they port this game or not to UE4 or overhaul the Combat or not. Like it will change the game! I want them to change this broken game design!

You see, the Vehicle-to-Vehicle Combat is more important to them than making this game a Sandbox (like Black Desert Online and Archeage). That's Bluehole as always!

If you want this game to be like Archeage which I as well see as having a good game design than most of the Modern MMOs, then allow me to keep complaining!

9. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

I actually have some suspicions about this after some thinking. The way the original ship combat and the target system work was maybe designed specifically to allow for an easier translation into a mobile format, who knows.

Btw, Bluehole has formed a group named KRAFTON, which is tasked with the development of 5 new games, including the 2 from G-Star and A:IR, so that's 2 others(including Tera 2, I guess) not shown yet. If designers and programmers share the workload between all 5 projects within this group, it is easy imaginable that A:IR's underwhelming reception may have messed their launch and development shedules in a much more significant way compared to a single project with a dedicated development team, leading to much longer delays.

10. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@hurfmurf Based on the gameplay information that we already have from Korea, it is sad to say that this game is a Themepark MMO. There is no Themepark MMO that is not linear unless it is a hybrid like Archeage. This is just another WoW clone as Themepark MMOs derived from that design. They will never make this game a Sandbox because the learning curve will not be simple, Progression will require more time, and they want this game to be accessible to as much audiences as possible by making the game simplified and linear. I am so disappointed! Like I already said, business is the only thing that they ever considered!

Another Themepark MMO, another WoW clone that is already flooding the market!

11. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

In this case I hope your suspicions are wrong hurfmurf. I understand mobile gaming is huge in the east, but it would be tragic to lose this game to that genre. I want to be an air pirate dang it.

12. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

"30 hours to max level" doesn't sound like there is enough substance for a themepark clone of WoW tbh. Some sandbox mechanics would definitely improve success chances of it, I think, but some sort of long and stupidly dull - and mandatory - grinding IMO won't.
    I think the EvE Online model of separating their world in three major zones is something that A:IR might be able to sucessfully adopt: a core PvE zone with instances, PvE events and general PvE gameplay up to high-end instances, surrounded by "conflict zones" where the both factions fight each other for some random benefits and pre-built structures, and then the outer "uncharted" territories with all sorts of random pvp, sandbox-y elements like claiming of floating islands and building of guild fortresses, random massive monster raids, treasure hunts, roaming agressive npc factions and where server invasions might begin from.

13. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I agree with you that 30 hours to max level does not sound like enough substance to keep the player interested in the game . . . unless the end game is spectacular. I'm hoping this is one of the items they are addressing in this redesign/enhancement/whatever it is period. The safe vs conflict zones your are suggesting sound splendid too. I think ArcheAge had a similar model. With merchant ships and trading hinted at, there could be benefits programmed into specific routes or deliveries to specific zones in conflict vs peace time, etc.

Just an idea.

I just feel like a broken record at this point, but it would be nice for them to at least tell us WHAT they are working on.

14. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

I think they are still working on the flight model and the combat mechanics as these were the both mostly critisized elements of the game. People wanted more action combat but also better and more complex flight model. Combining these both is probably fairly complicated.

Alyria likes this.
  15. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

So to put it simply, Krafton Game Union is an Alliance of Subsidiary Units, not an entire Unit. The purpose of it, is to allow these Subsidiaries to work and grow together while also maintaining their independence.

“The creation of the new alliance shows the goal of the company to become a game developing powerhouse and grow together in the global market,”
    , Bluehole CEO said in a statement.

Also, in this year's G-Star booth, the company said that they had many failed projects, although the company has an image that they've been steadily producing remarkable work. The company has been facing challenges and the creation of Krafton is their initiative to that.

The Subsidiary Studio that is working behind A:IR is the PUBG Studio. According to them, this Studio Unit will still remain independent.

A:IR will not be ported to Mobile, but I can tell you that it is a failing project like many that came before it! With the situation this company is in, they better use their logic! Who knows how many failed projects have they had before unless they disclose that figure!

To be honest, A:IR doesn't look appealing! It is 100% a Themepark! With other competitions that you are gonna have, your goal of becoming a "game developing powerhouse", with how underwhelming A:IR is and all of your completed games, will only remain an idealism!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  16. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

If you look at the interview of the Devs behind Bless Unleashed, they stated that Bless Unleashed will be Open-World-based and Seamless-based, there will be no private Instancing! They also care about the size of the contents because it is an MMORPG. This is a game that doesn't cater to the casuals unlike A:IR is in all levels. You see, the Developers behind Round 8 Studio have better mindset than the Developers behind PUBG Studio (the one that is incharge with this game)! Jason Park, the Director behind Unleashed is actually open-minded and not stupid.

Bless Unleashed = Open-World-based, Seamless-based
    Ascent: Infinite Realm = Instance-based (with the persistence in the Open World), Session-based

Because Round 8 Studio is actually considering good game designs this time after they f***ed up Bless Online, using assets from UE3 version as it was already funded, developed, and is already good to begin with, and fundings coming from Bandai Namco, they actually have a chance to turn things around atleast in the Xbox One platform on what was one of the biggest flop in the MMORPG history. While the game design behind A:IR is terrible because it caters to all audiences of exclusively casual kind.

I'm not willing to give Bless Unleashed any chance if their mindset didn't changed, but they actually did! Just look at how they are structuring their game this time!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  17. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

And even if they can get that right, do you think the game will vastly improve? Nothing much will change if this will remain to be 100% Themepark, Instance-based, and Session-based. It will only turn the game beautiful to experience instantly like a Steampunk version of Monster Hunter because of the Combat. If that is indeed what they are working on, then it's a wrong priority! As always with this company!

I'm a hardcore gamer and I can tell you that in my perspective and to people who share my playstyle that this game looks trash to me!

18. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

While i understand more of the stuf you are talking about, i cant really see it in My mind the difference between the typer of MMO you explain like themeparked MMOs and everything else you said in previous posts.

What im trying to say is i dont know What kind of MMO AIR Will be.

If it Will be open world like Wow, becaus WOW is pretty open world right?

But then again Bless is open world in My head too, isnt it?

And What i gathered from this game is that it looks mostly open world too lol.
    Except dungeons beeing instanser based, But most mmos are that way?

Can you help My head understand How this game Will play out.

Will everyone start in one play, basically run in one straight line, progressing and getting higher level untill They hit level 30?
    Or do you have a choice to go to different zones to level, maybe do some PVP and such and/or dungeons?

19. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I found this video a little bit ago that explains the difference between the two pretty well.

As for which of the two A:IR will be, I don't know. I have not played it at all myself. I've heard many saying it is an open world theme park MMO (no load screens between zones like FFXIV), but take that with a grain of salt until we learn more.

I hope this helps! If anyone else knows more feel free to chime in.

20. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

A:IR will not be an Open World seamless, it already has phasing, instanced regions and channels.

Eternal and Alyria like this.