More informations to come very soon

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Laguna, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I'm hoping with G-Star 2018 in full swing currently and the large presence Kakao Games and Bluehole studios have on the floor that we will get some updates in the coming days.

On the 'simple localized port' I hope the developers and publisher paid attention to the poor performance of MMORPGs with that treatment over the last two years. Poor localization along with bad optimization and bad content can turn people away quickly. So I'll keep my fingers crossed with you that we receive a quality localized translation.

Strider likes this.
  2. Strider

Strider Ascendant

I'm really hoping kakao step up to the plate here and deliver.

There is a massive opportunity at the moment for an mmo to really blow up with popularity if done well.

Bless Online has really screwed over Eastern mmos RE trust from the west and how they will be perceived so that is why I think they need to be more transparent from the offset. Optimization has to be one of the main focuses especially due to the laggy trailer they released.

I still feel excited by the game but man the lack of info and videos is kind of depressing.

3. Santreim

Santreim Ascendant

The thing is, I bet they realized during the betas that they need far more work than they expected, and that's why they stoppend providing info. And all they can do now is post some screenshots from time to time so we don't forget about them.

4. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Agreed on all counts in both posts. I'm hoping some of the rumors making the rounds are confirmed over the coming days regarding the engine or combat system. If not, I can patiently wait and follow the breadcrumbs as long as they don't "Bless Online" us.

5. Strider

Strider Ascendant

That's what I mean though. That is the perfect thing for them to report on and be upfront.

"we note from beta players disliked x y z we agree and are looking at reworking these. We will show case these changes over a course of videos and developer blogs to keep you informed as things develop."

Instead we pretty much get radio silence.

I mean can you imagine the boost at the announcement of the delay to the na/eu beta was down to them switching engine? (if that really is the case). I know a lot of people avoiding the game because of its use of ue3

6. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

Weeeeell, looking at the videos from G-Star this year, there is no sign of either A:IR or Tera. Bluehole showed two new games, if understand it right, and their "booth" is all about PUBG. Right now, it doesn't look to me like we will get any infos soon.

Strider likes this.
  7. Strider

Strider Ascendant

Great...... Well at least they haven't turned it into a mobile game..... Or have they

8. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Don’t rain on my hopes and dreams!!!!

In all seriousness though, it would be sad if absolutely nothing is announced or updated as far as A:IR goes. Need to break the radio silence just a tid bit

9. Stev

Stev Ascendant

With my Suggar Daddy
    Still waiting hi everyone

10. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Hello Welcome to the waiting party.

11. Strider

Strider Ascendant

Its a really poor show to be honest and shows a complete disregard and lack of respect to fans waiting on it.

Why not let us know they weren't doing anything or releasing any new info? Instead they have let people getting their hopes up just to be let down again.

How often do official staff or ''AIR crew'' man this forum? It seems like a complete after thought.

I know Im whining but im just so frustrated with the lack of common sense and complete disconnect with the fans and potential players

12. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

How much have they connected with the playerbase? How much have they interacted with us? Communication here is non existent! Not with NA / EU, not with Korea, and not with Japan! Before signing a Publishing deal with Kakao, this game also signed a publishing deal with Game On Co., Ltd. ( 株式会社ゲームオン ) for Japanese distribution prior to the signing with Kakao. I have been to every social platform that is related to this company (not just this game) in languages that I am all fluent with and I can tell you that there isn't a single instance have they ever communicated with the playerbase.

This company is so out of touch with the entirety of it's playerbase. They are developing this game based on the direction strategic to their ROI performance, not based on the direction of our demands. This is a market, you cater to the demands of the consumers, ofcourse this is based on demands! Have they ever for once listened to our comments / suggestions? And even if they had, where is the reassurance that our messages got to them? I don't need a Community Staff to tell me that they will inform the Devs, I need a solid proof that they 'actually' did relayed our messages! The Devs also need to issue a statement report adressing these are what they believe the community prefers and the following are what they will do absolutely, alternatively, and/or opposingly.

Neowiz conducts their own research in their game itself to see what playerbase prefers. If the game is flawed, what kind of information are you gonna get but limited? What is the purpose of it anyway if the game has already been misdeveloped? Just listen to your playerbase directly! You are complicating something that is not by any nature complicated! Why would you conduct research somewhere else when the information you need is already there?

Misunderstand your playerbase because you have not allocated a single effort to communicate nor even listen and there will be a high probability that your game will not meet their expectations. You cannot know something without acquiring the information! Knowledge and awareness are the acquisition of information, if you didn't carried out the action, then no process took place that resulted to the acquisition! There will not be any knowledge and awareness of playerbase's opinions and preferences! You are doing something exactly and absolutely similar to Neowiz! How stupid can you possibly be to be this out of touch?!

I am fluent in English, Korean, and Japanese and I can vouch that they haven't for once communicated with any of their playerbase. Establishment of communication is more likely to occur with alien life outside of our planet (whether their existence should in turn be evident or an impossibility) than with this company to their playerbase. I will tell you why this is true!; Have you ever learned Boolean? Then perhaps look at the OR logic gate, if there isn't a single action that you are doing that is True (which means related to the statement), you will never receive a return of True in the overall loop. This is common sense! If you do nothing related to any of the statements, your proposition is false. Where as if we are to talk about aliens, tell me, is it already proven that they exist or they don't exist? It remains theoretically a probability, the word here is 'probability', and if there's a probability, no matter how small, there is still a chance that proposition can be True.

Hence, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you are more likely to be able to communicate with alien life (as there are scientists that are actually working on this and efforts are being put toward this, if you want a link, then here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication_with_extraterrestrial_intelligence ) than you will be able to communicate with this Devs for once in the remaining lifespan of our universe.

kaorlan likes this.
  13. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

You are not whining. You are voicing a legitimate concern many people have. I am concerned with the amount of radio silence we are receiving as it is similar to other recent releases that performed horribly once released to market via early access or launch. But for now all I can do is wait. The danger with this though is that another game or project could pull my interest away from A:IR to the point of no return; I would think others run that risk as well.

14. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

At the moment I only managed to see informations of another direct competitor Astellia managed by Nexon, this would be sad to not have any information about A:IR during this G-Star 2018 and as mentioned above it is far to be the only interesting project planned for the west.

15. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Agreed. And honestly I can see both sides to a point. I know they do not want to release any information before they were ready. Last year’s beta, while very informative for the devs, did not show the game in the best light.

However, at least knowing what they are working on would be nice. And a confirmation if they are moving to UE4 as rumors suggest.

16. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

The most annoying part is probably when they announced a potentiel western CBT for Q1 2018, sadly Kakao delayed this to an unknown date and informed us in a message lost inside a thread made by another player. Now we waited a whole year while being drip-fed small information and here we are.

This situation is global since korean players are in the same boat and nobody outside Bluehole (and maybe Kakao) know what's going on and how far we truely are for some sort of playable content. G-Star 2018 being what is, it saddens me even more to not know anything new not even at the biggest korean gaming show of the year.

17. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    With today being the last day of GSTAR, kinda sad that there's literally nothing new about the game still...

18. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

It is. I was hoping for at least an update on what they are working on. Did not have to be videos or promotional material; a statement of "we are doing this" would suffice for me.

We are not being that critical of the radio silence either. I've seen other communities rage more for shorter lack of information periods. Hopefully, Kakao and Bluehole see this discussion and ramp up the community interaction at least a small notch.

Time will tell.

19. Strider

Strider Ascendant

It seems like they aren't bothered to be honest. Just feels we are irrelevant to them.

You would have thought they would have commented on this post already if they were that interested.

Is there anyway to track ''official'' or ''blue'' posts? Last I saw was a while ago assuring us that we weren't useless....

20. Strider

Strider Ascendant

maybe worth saying i left a comment on MMObytes G star video to say I was disappointed there was no AIR coverage or announcement and he replied ''Not yet, Soon, though!''

Hopefully he has some inside info on it