Level Cap

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Drax, Nov 18, 2017.

1. easy

easy Ascendant

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    yikes

2. Rezec

Rezec Ascendant

That's the goal, to have a meaningful endgame and not some band aid thrown at the problem to pretend to be an endgame that just keeps you busy on an endless grind.

If a game needs an endless leveling system to make up for not having an endgame, then it's just a grind and not actually fun and engaging content and not worth playing for me personally.

Drax and Pyronus like this.
  3. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

Ну, мне нравится система Archeage, это была huuuuge куча exp, необходимая для повышения от 50 до 55 lvl. 50 был первым шапкой, но позже трион сделал шапку 55 лвл, и это действительно было проблемой.

4. Sera

Sera Guest

5. Miller

Miller Ascendant

Lol i was about to say 30 is cap but im glad id been wrong that system is really cool

6. Sera

Sera Guest

Yeah the system is a little different from what some players usually eant, I.e. levelling after 30 does not create a big power increase each level of potential, it's more about crafting the character to your play style, with a slight edge in certain areas compared to characters that have chosen a different route.

Ael431 likes this.
  7. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

This is probably factual. I would enjoy this with a little be of grind (for a little resistance, I don't want them to just give me lvl's), yet have a variety of options to change things up.

8. Squirrel

Squirrel Ascendant

I mean. Leveling to 30 was pretty darn boring. After 30 I didn't mind because I had access to all my skills and could level up how I wanted. I just didn't feel like there were that many good grind spots to sit down and level well post-30 which was sad.

Ael431 likes this.
  9. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

Bummer, well let's hope they catch that and make some changes come US beta/release.

10. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Well-Known Member A:IR Crew

The last details of the leveling system(s) have not been finalized. Please keep also in mind that the level experience during test phases will likely differ from the release version.
    Developers want to expose testers to a variety of features during a test phase to get broad feedback and adjusting exp gain and levels are ways to provide testers with shortcuts (or to block testers from certain features for that matter) to get testers quickly to the content up for scrutiny.
    During an early internal A:IR Alpha Test for example, the max level was lower and has then been increased to 30 during the first Korean CBT. The fine tuning of in-game progress will likely be focus of a test phase more close to release, when all the main features have been tested and are confirmed to be working as intended.

Squirrel and Ael431 like this.
  11. Ael431

Ael431 Ascendant

Thank you for this knowledge, it does give good insight. It is well noted.