ill leave this right here.

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by crawlord, Feb 25, 2018.

1. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

kakao.PNG

I really hope Kakao get their act together for you folks ..

:)

2. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

So what's the problem?.. mb i'm slow

3. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

I see a lot of technical problems... but why blaming Kakao for this?

4. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

They are the Nothern American publisher for pearl abyss on all matters BDO. Lack of communications , connection issues from day one and a myriad of issues seem to be to overwhelming for kakao to handle .

5. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    Every MMO I know of has threads like these popping up, nothing extraordinary or outrageous here imo.

Revy and Aure like this.
  6. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    You know sometimes its not the publisher but rather the game developer who needs to improve latency and many other issues. So half those posts might be really for Pear Abyss rather than kakao. Not defending Kakao cause I am a firm believe on putting blame where it belongs but I want to point out both sides.

I know sometimes you may seem laggy with your character but that could be a character model and its skills are not optimized so thats a developer thing not a publisher thing.

I dont know the exact issues as those are just titles but keep in mind we dont really know who is at fault and tbh pearl abyss is crap as a developer. Kakao also isnt the best at support but like I said might not be on them to resolve half those issues.

blue hole studios 7/10
    kakao 5/5
    pearl abyss 2/10
    my,com Negative -12/10 ....yes NEGATIVE lol. @xDrac knows what I mean...this is the #1 worst publisher on any list

7. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

you have a point . Bdo related i doubt that the developers decided to use the cheapest server hosting web company .........(lease web) located in one coast and has had connectivity issues from launch unable to support player-base stable connectivity for a good number .Nothing has been fixed yet . The came dev cost 11 million made 330 million worldwide by last year. Server side architecture should have been at least invested in .This is just my opinion . I hope sincerely that AIR has at a minimum dedicated servers that provide stable connectivity. Just revisit this thread if and when since this is that canary in the coalmine. AS per my understanding licensing if issued to publishes to distribute the game per geo-location. someone more knowledgeable can correct me.

8. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    Ya BDO servers were horrid from Kakao and was very disappointed in them for not getting dedicated ones just for BDO so lets hope they learned there lesson on that one and actually do that for AIR.

9. Joker Le Mat

Joker Le Mat Ascendant

I didn’t even realize Kakao was handling this game in the West. I will keep my expectations in check.

10. Stricken

Stricken Ascendant

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1230 - BDO was not expected to be that popular in NA, considering most people in NA don't like super grindy games... So therefor my guess is from a business standpoint they went with cheaper servers to see how well the game would do first. The contract for those servers are now up and they are upgrading them on April 25th (the link I posted). I do see your point though, because I currently play BDO and the server's are literal garbage, but there is a reason for it. Now if you have played a game like ArcheAge and had to deal with developers like XL Games and Publishers like Trion Worlds, Kakao is literally ****ing amazing in every aspect compared to other similar MMO publishers.

11. emn

emn Ascendant

Last news I heard on related subject is that kakao is changing server provider for BDO for a better one

12. Stricken

Stricken Ascendant

You must not have read my reply lol. But yes bdo is getting new ones.

13. Shion

Shion Ascendant

I never had problems with Kakao when it come to servers. I guess i had a good ISP that supplied me with stable connection, and i live close to the server location. I guess this is why Kakao faced so many problems that you won't see in Korea, because Korea is a really small country.
    If Korean had to provide game services say to China at the same time, i am sure they would had similar problems that Kakao EU had to face.

14. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

I don't want this game to suffer like Aion with Gameforgre (worst **** in mmorpgs and p2w) or NCSoft.... I see it's taking that way.... it's just sad...

15. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

that is a worry as it seems many try to rehash the same models in the west ad nauseam. We shall see.

16. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

agreed 2+ years too late. The game probably lost some gamerbase due to connectivity/ monetization.

The test is whether korean devs / and their publishers actually Learn to respect their monetized gamerbase . Anything else is asking to go the trion/archage route.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  17. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

Now that I searche dofr mor information, it happens with all mmorpgs now (asian ebery time), then my comment is pointless -.-