Hyped for launch!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by WellAdjusted, Nov 15, 2019.

1. WellAdjusted

WellAdjusted Ascendant

Hello everyone! Super hyped for launch!

This game looks amazing. I love the verticality in MMOs like this, and the setting has a great visual appeal to it as well.

Looks like we have a lot of great people hanging out in the forums here. I hope to see you all in-game in 2020! :)

P.S. to the A:IR Team
    If you haven't chosen a business model yet for NA, a lot of us really appreciate the subscription model with a cash shop. Seems like the most lucrative way to go.

Arika and Midrak like this.
  2. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Lol! The purpose of a Subscription Model is to not have a Cash Shop. Why would you recommend both? So they can double-dip us and still screw the gameplay with that Cash Shop?

At the quality of A:IR, it should be fully Free to Play. No one will pay a Sub for that piece of sh*t when I don't wanna touch it even if they themselves pay me to do so!

My computer is overkill and I have tens of thousands of dollars to dispose annually on gaming activity. The people here calls me a no-life (which I'm not going to dispute) but I have money as well (in fact more than them and the average). How can I have more time and at the same time have a lot of money? If you have a brain, I don't trade my time for money! I'll give you a hint: Passive Incomes. Money to me is not a problem(many assumes that this is not the case, I'm just clarifying) and neither is time. Why would I not pay a Sub for A:IR then? Because the game is trash that even if it's free, I'm not gonna touch it.

Sub is for quality MMOs only and it's often the hardcores like me who pay for Sub just for the gameplay to stay pure. I find it ridiculous for a sales-oriented game like A:IR to somehow go for a Sub-model like it is a quality MMO! It's like a 1-star restaurant charging at the price of a 5-star! I have the money to eat at a 5-star, that's not the problem -- the problem is I don't like the food and service! That is what Free to Play is for! For games with low standard for people with low standard at the price of low standard!

There has to be a way for a game to attract players. If it's not worth the time, then nobody will pay for it on a recurring basis as nobody will even touch it (dedicated gamers value their time). If it's free, maybe the cheap-as**s will waste their time on it and potentially spend (casual gamers look at costs. They are so stupid that they don't see that Free to Play is more expensive in the long-term. They complain about the yearly costs of a Pay to Play and then spend over $300 in the Cash Shop in 1 swipe? I really don't understand!).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  3. WellAdjusted

WellAdjusted Ascendant

Yeah, you've got a good point. I guess F2P with cash shop is adequate.

How do you make your passive income? Stocks?

4. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

I don't work 40-60 lol. People think that in order to make more money, they have to work more. They don't have a brain! You can make more money if you can complement your income! How about you invest in vehicles that gives you income? For me personally, I co-own a business with my family. Running a business doesn't mean you have to do all the work when you can delegate it! I work only 40 hours a week and make more money than the average in total from all my income sources. I can actually quit my job and still survive.

Also, you don't wanna invest in stocks (from IPO) and mutual funds lol. The return for those is so low.

The rich work less, they don't work more in contrast to what people think.

5. WellAdjusted

WellAdjusted Ascendant

Sounds like a sweet setup. I definitely can't quit my job and still survive.

Arika likes this.
  6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

I've invested my savings in a business that I started with my family and colleague of my family who serve as a partner and my mentor. My retired uncle(retired military) also invested his retirement on the business. I don't have much experience (I'm only 25) but my partners do especially with business. So yeah, I invest so I have more sources of incomes. Whatever capital you put if we are talking about real-estate can always be liquidated, you just have to profit from the operation. So is it risky? To me, no.
    It took us years to setup a business and for it to become profitable.

Invest in stocks and how much are you gonna make? like 5%~6% of appreciation annually? Stocks is a "long-term" investment and it's not something you trade frequently. That's not a good source of income when you can't make an income in the first place as you are not trading (it is a long-term investment, we are talking about terms of 5 or more years). If you do the math, you need to invest half a million to make 25K appreciation annually at 2.5% annual inflation. It's not worth it!

7. WellAdjusted

WellAdjusted Ascendant

That's pretty awesome. I don't have much of a savings to invest and no real business ideas. It feels like everything here is already being done. Is your business in the United States?

8. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

No, I'm Canadian.

Dude man, that's all I hear from most people. When you don't have the money, you borrow! I and all my family leverage debt as well so we have a lot of capital. People can borrow tens of thousands to study and not have the same confidence to do the same thing with business? There is a way if it's only the capital!

Most people only know how to do the traditional things like work for a company. I'm sure most people have worked for a small business before. Do you see the owner/s doing the work? Have you ever seen the owner/s? People think it's hard -- it's not! Take it from me, someone who is doing it! That's why I used the term "passive", I'm not doing much sh*t!

You think on how to invest, not how to run the business!

9. Midrak

Midrak Ascendant

Easy to say, the risk is to high , it looks like you have a rich family who can easy can pick you upp when you fall, becouse only people whit rich family talk like that ;) If its true what you write, i dont understand why you here Eternal becouse this will not the game you will like. You have say in another thread that you have another MMo what you want.

Arika likes this.
  10. Arika

Arika Ascendant

I laughed out loud :D thank you:oops:I completely agree with you ! :)

11. WellAdjusted

WellAdjusted Ascendant

This edited version of your post is a great improvement. The last version was long and rambling and difficult to follow.

Anyway! Hoping for at least closed beta for A:IR by Summer 2020! I should have a mostly new PC by then. Hoping that Ampere cards are out by then as well.

12. Arika

Arika Ascendant

:p

13. Gries

Gries Ascendant

Lol wut