Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by RedBandit, Aug 4, 2019.

1. RedBandit

RedBandit Ascendant

Hi Folks,

Forum is sleeping for a long time. As i see there are no discussions, arguments, conversation anymore. This is because, players are sick of waiting this game since Q4 2017. They lose their hope, patience and thrill. All we see just a party announcement and some screenshots from the game. Come on guys! We need a date, early or late does not matter.

The other thing that makes me pissed off is realising this game in thailand. I see the community of this game is consisted by EU and Russians players. And you guys dont play this game without vpn. There are also so many thing that can write about the game but im done...

2. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

This is the last time I'm going to argue with you; i'm done here, you're done here, so listen up for the last time then get the f*** out of here.

Do you think that releasing A:IR similar to the state it was on the Beta will fix the lack of quality that we've been having in this genre?
    Do you think that it will provide you what you're looking for, which is a long-term successful MMORPG that doesn't share the same problems as the predecessors by just releasing?

You made it sound like releasing the game is all that needs to happen and that game-design doesn't matter. Ofcourse if the game is bad, releasing it wouldn't matter, now nor ever! A:IR offers nothing new but it's steampunk theme, while at the same time, it inherited almost all of the problems that previous MMOs (especially Korean MMOs) have when it comes to game-design, and most likely monetization will be as well.

You are quitting the game because it's not releasing now or soon? Does it f***ing matter if the game can release on those dates while the game-design is sh*t? I didn't quit this game because of the release date; I quitted this game because of it's terrible game-design! Do you think a f***ing date matters to me if the game-design is like this? But you failed to notice this because all you can think about is play and hop to the next-same-thing!

We don't f*cking need another MMORPGthere are too many bad ones already that currently exist!; what we need is a better MMORPG or you will continue to f*cking look for a permanent one successively in a never ending loop where the value of the counter is not updating! It's not a f*cking matter of just releasing! If it's not good, you might as well not f*cking release it! Have a little logic!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  3. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

Nobody wants A:IR to be the next sloppy, boring and unbalanced MMORPG. We have enough of those already. I believe all the teams and regions working on the game should take their time with it.

Everybody who played in Thailand and Korean Betas is well aware there is still a lot of work to be done. Everything about your post just tells me that you either didn't play the game until now, or you really didn't pay attention to everything that's going on.

When it comes to this "forum", there are two reasons it's so dead.

1. Forums in 2019, really?
    2. There isn't much to discuss right now. We already have an A:IR Discord where we communicate and discuss when needed (even though I would really like to see an official one when it's time), but even the Discord is quite dead, as there is simply no news right now.

Don't get me wrong - That's not a bad thing. I would personally prefer having no news and knowing they are working on the game, constantly improving it and getting it ready to launch in every region, rather than reading some new "useless" announcement, that first of - Doesn't get me any closer to playing, second of - will only agitate the player base even more, but without really giving us what we really want.

What I know so far is that EU/NA regions will not be landing this year. So what you can do right now is simply be patient. Making such a post is not only unnecessary but also completely simpleminded.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Shion likes this.
  4. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@Ayia You are right with everything you said, except I would prefer a different approach than the advice given below.

This literally means that you are putting all your faith in A:IR when there are other upcoming options especially when A:IR is coming out after 2019 anyway. After trying the Beta myself, the game in my opinion is almost unrectifiable (like Bless and Astellia) based on the circumstances. If this game doesn't fix itself (which is unlikely to happen), it's not my ******* concern when they have other competitions that I can turn to that offer better quality and service. My point to the OP is they cannot just release this game regardless of what state. After trying the Beta, there are many things wrong with the game, and as you already said, "there is still a lot of work to be done". Polishing the game and adding more contents will not fix the game when the base design is bad — that's why it's being called "the best of worst games". It needs another overhaul!

I don't need to be patient and wait when I know that I am most likely waiting for another mediocre filler MMO with the same game-design as the Korean predecessors. Look at other options for ******* god sake! When all the company can think about is sales-oriented marketing, when the game-design is oriented towards sales, when the publisher is Kakao Games, when the developer is Korean-based, when the business-model and monetization is terrible, when the service is terrible, when communication is terrible, I have no trust in this product you call A:IR! So why put all the faith in the product you have little to no trust on?

Me and this OP are both leaving. What is ridiculous is he is leaving because of the release date and lack of announcements while white-knighting the game-design as if the ******* game is any good!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  5. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

To begin with, even though I considered not answering to this post - You are entirely correct, I am putting all my faith in A:IR for more than one reasons. I simply see no reason to discuss any upcoming options here, as this is the Ascent: Infinite Realm Forum. I am not sure you can compare this game to something like Astellia, but I would refrain from an opinion on the matter.

I completely agree that the game can not be released in the state that it is now - But then again, I am not sure who would expect it to release in that state. There is a reason that everything playable until now was called a "beta".

As for you being patient and describing yourself as somebody who sees this game as "another mediocre MMO" - Why do you even bother responding here? I understand everybody's got an opinion, but I simply see no reason to bash a game that didn't even come out yet. Right now everything you have is assumptions and guesses, no official statements. You are judging it by the history of the maker and the publisher, which to some extent could be right, but at the moment you are treating guesses as facts.

P.S. If I were you, I would abstain from using the word "f*cking" in every paragraph. It doesn't make a good impression.

Shion and Insanity like this.