Enhancing and RNG?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Zitt, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Zitt

Zitt Ascendant

If any of you knows what's the known amount of RNG in the game?

2. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

This game has RNG in it's Equipment Enhancing. It has a success-rate with rates based on the Difficulty Level each Enhancement Level has (Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, etc.). Enhancing requires an Armor/Weapon Enhancement Stone (Normal to +1 ~ +5, Sharp to +6 ~ +10, Keen to +11 ~ +15), Gold, and optionally, a Failure-Preventer Material (Victory to +3 ~ +5 that protects Equipment from any Durability Damage, Mythic to +6 ~ +11 that protects Equipment from Enhancement Level drop).

Enhancing is done through Gear Enhancement NPC. This NPC offers not only Gear Enhancement, but Enhancement Transfer(requires Gold and Enhancement Relocator) and Enhancement Extraction(requires Gold and Enhancement Extractor) services as well.

Equipments in this game have a Max Durability and Durability System. When you fail an Enhancement in this game on a +2 and above (to +3 and above), it costs you 1 Max Durability and 1 Durability loss on a +2 ~ +4; it costs you 5 Max Durability and 5 Durability loss on a +5 ~ +9; it costs you 10 Max Durability and 10 Durability loss on a +10 ~ +14; and the Materials and Gold spent on failing the Enhancement are consumed. Max Durability Repairs can be done through a Gear Merchant NPC and requires Metal Engineering Tools (which can be Crafted, Rewarded from Dailies, purchased from Cash Shop, etc.). Durability Repairs can be done anywhere through Gear Repair Kits (which can be obtained using Residence Token, purchased from Cash Shop, etc.) without any use of NPC or just pay Gold and Repair it directly from the NPC.

To Enhance an Equipment in the game, it's Max Durability must be 50 or above. You cannot Enhance an Equipment that has below 50 Max Durability!

Enhancement Level of an Equipment drops upon failure on a +5 and above (fail a +5 and it will certainly drop back to +4).

There are only 3 ways to upgrade an Equipment: Enhancing, Relic slot/s (certain Relics can enhance certain Skills of a Class. Relics are upgradeable), and Runestone slot/s (there are 6 types of Runestones in this game: Might, Defence, Fatality, Haste, Health, and Resistance Runestones. Runestones are upgradeable to next Tier by fusing 3 of the same Runestones of the same Tier (*requires Gold and Masterhorn)).

Varying Values of Stats of Equipments exist in this game. I've seen the Armor and Weapon Crafting of this game and there is a range with the possible minimum and maximum Values of Stats certain Crafted Equipments can possibly have as a result. Result of Crafting will be based on RNG (the Values of Stats that you will get will be random Values that are within the specified range).

Equipments can also have a Set with Set Effects in which you can match an Equipment with matching piece/s to gain access to the Effect/s.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. Berinima

Berinima Ascendant

Wow, that is a decent amount of RNG right there! ^^

4. Buckethead

Buckethead Ascendant

Pretty much the same they have done in Tera.

5. Whuggie

Whuggie Ascendant

Are there fail stacks like there are in Black Desert? I loathe the fail stack system with a passion. It would deter me from this game if it exists so I'm super curious if this is the case here.

6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

There is no Fail Stack mechanics.

Let me explain how Enhancing works:
    [​IMG]

There are 2 types of Enhancing: Enhancing and Advanced Enhancing.
    Enhancing costs 1 Enhancement Stone and some Gold. Advanced Enhancing costs 3 Enhancement Stones and 20 x the required Gold.
    Advanced Enhancing has 100% Success-Rate but you have to take 2 x the Max Durability Damage, 20 x more costly in Gold, and 3 x more costly in Enhancement Stone.

Enhancing in this game is not similar to BDO's. You cannot destroy an Equipment here! You will take 1 Max Durability and 1 Durability Damage from failing an Enhancement on a +2 ~ +4; on a +5 ~ +9, you take 5 Max Durability and 5 Durability Damage; on a +10 ~ +14, you take 10 Max Durability and 10 Durability Damage as I already explained (and you will take double of those if you Advanced Enhance). I also explained how to Repair them. I also said that you cannot Enhance an Equipment that has below 50 Max Durability. I also said that Fail on a +5 and above and your Enhancement Level drops.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Whuggie and ΟΥΤΙΣ like this.
  7. Astaroth

Astaroth Ascendant

Bdo gear enhancing and accessories exploding was literally what made me drop the game after 2 years of playing it, I just got fed up and enough was enough. The moment a “game” starts making u frustrated in real life, it’s time to quit.

That being said, as long as this game stays far away from fail stack system, and exploding accessories I will play for years most likely. I dunno how I feel about all those enhancement additives and relocation and transfers and blah tho, that makes it seem pretty convoluted. That sounds like something I may just have to experience and then decide for myself if it’s something I can work with or not.

Thanks for the info, @Eternal

YOLO and Shion like this.
  8. Shion

Shion Ascendant

Used to be simpler, you just farmed for a new stronger weapon in a raid ( Group content, Socializing, Communities ) or crafted one with rare mats. Now it's all :confused:, probably tie it to Cash Shop one way or another:rolleyes: