Do you want A:IR to be region locked?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by TheFirstOrder, Dec 10, 2017.

?

Do you think A:IR Should have region locking?

1. Yes, I think each region should have its own publisher and region lock.

33.6%
  2. No, I think there should be one unified service without regional restrictions.

66.4%
  1. Sygiria

Sygiria Ascendant

imo, subscription will become a problem for the russian or turkish community, rather than blocking by ip

2. Gabsuviu

Gabsuviu Ascendant

Region block ofc no discussion, I wont want play with chinese/pinoys/muricans in same server the delay is going to be insane.

3. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

U know that it's quite easy to block VPN tunneling? :>

hue hue hue... o_O

so hilarious!

4. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

It is... yeah, 100 games, most (probably almost all of them, dont have any numbers atm) of publishers doesnt block vpn providers so, yay! veri gud job.

You cant even quote properly on forums, I think we shouldnt worry about your "cracking da system, bro" thing :>

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Sygiria likes this.
  5. piyang

piyang Ascendant

all i can say to the people who support region blocking

6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

I actually understood almost everything in the video.
    I can speak fluent Chinese, fair Tiêng Viêt, good Malay, good Tagalog, and fair Korean, along with my good English (not perfect, but still can be considered good). Which is why it's more fun for me having them around to interract with (I know the language, I know the culture). I'm Chinese so I have an affinity with East and Southeast Asians (I'm from Southeast Asia). A region-lock will not affect me at all as I live in NA, but the game will not be as fun for me (so I'm still affected).

To those who don't understand the video (it's in Tagalog/Filipino):
    The guy in the video is cursing at protesters.
    Mga bobo! = Retards! ("mga" is a plural-counter for words, think of it as "-s" in English)
    Ikaw, bobo, putang-ina mo ka! = You, retard, **** yourself!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    piyang likes this.
  7. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Oh, so like she said, that is what she want to tell ppl supporting region lock?
    If this is true (I dont understand this language) then @piyang you're a disgusting person... You don't even have the courage to insult me directly, You have to put some stupid videos to do that, on EU/NA forum where almost no one knows this language.... coward.

You're the best example, why EU ppl DO want region lock. Because we don't want to play with so disgusting, rude ppl like You.

8. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

To add to these, I also learned Japanese but gave up on it because of the grammar (it's hard and harder than Korean). So I also accumulated some vocabulary and can probably understand some Japanese (spoken and written).
    The only language that I don't know in Southeast Asia are Phasa Thai, Phasa Lao, Burmese, and Khmer (It's because I didn't showed any interest to start learning them to begin with). That's all, I speak everything else for East and Southeast Asia!
    I spent 10 years grinding for spoken and programming languages, I have the experience. If you don't know, I can translate (and maybe also provide grammatical breakdowns. I'm a technical person when it comes to grammar) for any of the languages that I mentioned that I know.

Like I said, I also watch and read almost everything. I have read numbers of articles from Rappler (which is the publisher of this video) in the past. I am aware that to many Filipinos, they view this publisher as bias media (pro-Liberal), so I know this publisher do not have good reputation and is bias (according to many claims). Unfortunately, everything from Rappler and other written news source are all in English (if they are in English, they have no use to me but to be informed what's going on), that is why I also watch the local news which is in Filipino (I watch it more than reading the Filipino-based English written news).
    I watch, read, and listen to everything from news, drama, to music.
    They just sacked the Chief Justice ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quo_warranto_petition_against_Maria_Lourdes_Sereno ) because of accused ill-gotten wealth and the protesters in the video are her supporters, while the person cursing at the protesters is the Lawyer that impeached her.

So in this video, you(pro-region-lock) are depicted/represented as the supporters of corrupt official (and supporters of the Liberal Party, which has negative reputation in the Philippines), lol.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018 at 2:07 AM
  9. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Heh, nice one ;)
    I know only Japanese a little bit from asian languages, but only in speech, cant read/write in japanese :p
    But I know german and spanish a little bit. I Was living in Germany for 4 years as a kid ;)

About the video, I think that She fits better to the protesters, the only thing she's doing for couple months is just screaming about vpn and insulting ppl people who disagree with her ;)

10. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

You are European, you know the culture and language of Europe better. If not, it should be atleast easier for you to learn.

As for Japanese, Hiragana and Katakana are the syllabic writings (they should be easy to learn and get used to. Katakana is harder than Hiragana, it just takes a little bit more time for you to get used to it. Overall, they are not hard)
    As for Kanji, you have to learn the Kanjis (there are not much compare to Chinese but they are harder because of many readings). Unlike Chinese, an individual Character has different reading depending on what that Character is paired up with or how it's used, therefore it is more efficient if you just learn how to read them by compound and conjugated-word along with learning their associated meaning as a whole. There are many Kunyomi(the native readings), Onyomi(the Chinese-equivalent readings much like Hanja), and Nanori(to some certain Characters if they are used for names) readings to a single Character. I got to say that the Kanji is the hard part in learning the writing (it should be the only hard part). It will help you a lot in Kanji if you know Chinese already like I do because of similarities.
    The grammar is hard and so is Korean (they almost have the same grammar, but I find Korean a little bit easier). Koreans write in letters (even if they write in letters, you need to learn how to spell), so they are much easier to read than Japanese. A lot of words in Korean are Hanja-words (Chinese-based) like more than 60% of the vocabulary.

Since I concentrated in Korean, I am more comfortable in that language than Japanese. My Japanese is crap.

Also, when you are reading the dictionary, you have to conjugate the words(especially the verbs/adjectives which are in -다/-하다 form) if you wanna use them. There are different forms of speech(해체, 해요체, 합쇼체, etc.). Written-form in Korean is in 해라체 (you can also use 해라체 for speech but that would be 반말 and for people your age or younger). Naver.com is Korean's version of Google (very useful, I use it all the time).

I just find Korean much easier than Japanese.
    Also, you will find much more Koreans outside of Korea more than Japanese (Japanese people are rare to find outside of Japan). So in terms of usefulness, Korean is a more useful language than Japanese (not unless you actually want to live in Japan as a Gaijin).

I went to school in Canada with 90% of my co-students being Koreans (I was the only non-Korean in my school that actually knows Korean).