Do you want A:IR to be region locked?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by TheFirstOrder, Dec 10, 2017.

?

Do you think A:IR Should have region locking?

1. Yes, I think each region should have its own publisher and region lock.

33.0%
  2. No, I think there should be one unified service without regional restrictions.

67.0%
  1. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

https://forum.airthegame.com/index.php?threads/factions-and-open-world-housing-seems-confirmed.224/
    At this thread I learned that DAUM/Kakao Games publish AIR for EU so I started to very concerned and then I made this comment there after that PM Jouska said me this
    Therefore, I wanted to open a different thread to discuss it. I am not bearing any grudge to DAUM or Kakao Games; but I am still angry to them for making discrimination with IP Blocks in worldwide that affects majority of players and you can see my 1st respond for this issue from my comment from other thread here below.

Please add your opinions about this issue and we can rise our voice and then DAUM/Kakao Games might change their opinion for IP Block for AIR mmorpg this time.

Basically, what is your opinion everyone that DAUM/Kakao Games's IP Block once again for AIR too ?
    And, do you think that DAUM/Kakao Games will change their IP Block agreement such as extending the covered regions as adding more countries this time ? thank you.

Note:
    I hope that we might get some real and solid replies/answers from the DAUM/Kakao Games itself then we players " that are outside of EU, NA and the Territories/colonies under the sovereignty or administration of any of the above-mentioned countries (despite their geographical location)https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211768425-Supported-Countries-IP-Block" can prepare to wait or not wait this game / play or not play this game in the future. Shortly, we should not waste our time for a mmorpg we cannot play in the future :(. Waiting official replies from DAUM/Kakao Games now, thank you very much.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    piyang likes this.
  2. A:IR Crew

A:IR Crew Administrator A:IR Crew

Hello TheFirstOrder,

Thank you for moving this discussion to a new thread, allow me to clarify some things.
    • The name of this company is Kakao Games, not Daum, this would be similar to me calling you StormTrooper.
    • Which regions we service is defined by a contract between Kakao and Bluehole, it is not something that Kakao can simply change on their own.
    • The choice of who publishes in what regions belongs to the Developer (Bluehole), as they create the game and own the intellectual rights to it, they get to decide where their game is sold.
    • This is not discrimination, it has nothing to do with race, age, gender, or any other such factor. The divide is to allow each region to have better insight and flexibility to service said region and they have to take into account the various laws that govern different regions of the planet.

MooMuse, Tentaclebait and Aure like this.
  3. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

Thank you very much for your reply PM Jouska. I hope that you friends include Turkey too; so we can play this awesome game. We even started to recruit players in this forum and outside of the forum too. This is our guild recruitment thread https://forum.airthegame.com/index....ardcore-casual-eu-english-speaking-guild.222/
    and this is our discord too: https://discord.gg/YxCQhWS

We play Tera Online for 2 years and currently playing it too already, 2 years Archeage ( it became heavy p2w so we left that game totally ) , and 5 years Lineage 2 as <The First Order> Guild with our Turkish and International Gaming Community. Thus, we decided to play AIR now. I hope that we can play AIR too in the future.I am the guild leader and I am from Turkey too^^, if the guild leader cannot play because of the IP Block then we even cannot establish the guild and our members will be divided into two that will affect us in a negative way :(.

Note:
    In the other thread a player ( Erry ) answered me like that; so I wrote DAUM.
    .However, it seems that thy are same about the IP Block issue as I understood.

Would you tell me please "what is Kakao Games' IP Block policy while publishing the AIR for EU" ? thank you very much.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  4. A:IR Crew

I understand fully where you are coming from TheFirstOrder, I sincerely do. Thank you for understanding me as well, I do not want you or your guild to lose hope, it is my personal hope to see A:IR as a -Global- success so that gamers from across the world can enjoy it, regardless of region or publisher. As I have said before we are all here because we want the game to do well, we want A:IR to be our next huge adventure with friends and enemies alike.

Thank you very much for broaching this subject, I am going to edit your post to make it less biased, this way the data can be collected and reported.

MooMuse, piyang and LudwineDeCruel like this.
  5. Ayuna

Ayuna Ascendant

If they block other regions, it mostly is because other companies got the liscence/rights to publish the game in that region. Otherwise, most game companies do not IP block regions even if they don't officially support them. Maybe you guys will be able to play on a Turkish server? I hope as many regions as possible are supported, wish you guys luck that you can play too!

A:IR Crew likes this.
  6. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

I play games or mmorpgs quite a time already; and for major games/mmorpg(s), I have never sees a Turkish company gets license for these Korean games/mmorpg(s) unfortunately. The Gaming sector for mmorpgs for getting publisher rights / distributor rights are not developed in a positive way in Turkey comparing to existence Gaming Companies in EU or NA. Therefore, I opened this thread early to get an answer for everyone.

################################################################################

Thank you very much for helping and caring every players PM Jouska friend. I hope that your report will make everything better for every players who wants to play this game in worldwide.

################################################################################

Apart from these, is there anyone knows anything about " what is Kakao Games' IP Block policy while publishing any mmorpg(s) for the EU regions " ? thank you very much.

Inca likes this.
  7. A:IR Crew

You are correct, I too have seen this happen. I will request more specific information, but please understand there will be a delay in getting a response due the KR CBT-1 Schedule as well as the holiday season etc. This project is still very new, I share your enthusiasm, let's continue discussing the information we have and we will continue to make forward progress.

As soon as I have more information about this I will make an update, your patience is appreciated.

Lhyuu likes this.
  8. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

You are our big brother and the best GM ever I met really, as a guild, we all follow you now^^. You are the best,Thank you very much Jouska friend.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    PM Jouska

9. Piou

Piou Ascendant

TBH, we going same discussion like in BDO before launch. Lets wait for official info from Kakao before we see here new theory,arguments and flame war abour region lock.

10. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    I would think that they would not want to block any region due to a profitable market being left out would be absurd, I have played with Turkish players in Knight Online many years ago and it was 80% Turkish. The majority of them were very nice and all around good players who cared. To leave out any region UNLESS it is going to be sold to another publisher would be foolish on the part of the company due to losing so much revenue even if the cash shop has only costumes which I hope it does cause many players who dont even care about costumes still end up buying cool looking costumes.

I an very hopeful from my past experience with Jouska he and the other staff on his team actually care about the players over money from my personal experience was with him in BDO. I am sure he will fight for this and be sincere as has proven to be in the past. The only way I personally feel that would happen is if he was basically told to step aside by a higher up and even then I still think he would fight for the players.

piyang, Lhyuu and TheFirstOrder like this.
  11. A:IR Crew

Thank you Tez, you are very kind. Speaking personally for a moment I want to say that I am a gamer, I have been playing MMOs for over 15 years. Before I made this my career I had a guild, lead a community playing several MMOs each with active guilds in them. Once I started working on MMOs I began with a focus on Community Management, and that has carried on with me into Project Management. I share this with you to make it clear, I understand and in many cases agree with the community.

That being said, we are here to make Ascent: Infinite Realm a major success, and each and every one of you here is part of that. Let's continue working together to make this happen.

Inca, MooMuse, Lhyuu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    Yup 100% true...he was a GM of a guild and he did play BDO as well with us lol ... I remember so I hope you play air on a account thats not GM account as well this time around lol.

13. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    Also when you get a change sir please message me so I may ask about a few things before posting so as not to break any forum or TOS rules.

14. TheFirstOrder

TheFirstOrder Ascendant

region lock is confirmed and it is coming, rip AIR.

[​IMG]

It is coming :/ Our fear became true, we know that where it ends, no point to wait 2019 to play this game :( because thousands of players in world wide will not have access at all, like BDO :(

15. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Oh yes.... and You're the only one player in this world who will be playing AIR. Without You everything will colapse... cmon...
    Like I said earlier - I am for Region Lock, without it the game have bigger chance to fail because ppl that we dont want to play with. And I'm not talking about You, to be clear.

Wynnter and Nupy like this.
  16. Wynnter

Wynnter Ascendant

This is a very simplistic view of region locking. There are many good reasons why a publisher applies a region lock to those territories in which it doesn't have a business presence - legal issues, taxation considerations, customer service issues, etc. Instead of lobbying Kakao to set up a completely new business in Country X, how about lobbying a respected game publisher already based in Country X to publish the game there?

Also, VPN...

17. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

thought it was obvious :)
    Also, there are some lag and high ms problems. It is not fun to play with ppl with ping over 300 ms. Especially when you're PvP. Yes, I know that even someone from my continent could have shiity connection but increasing number of that kind of players doesnt resolve anyhing.

Wynnter likes this.
  18. piyang

piyang Ascendant

i have friends overseas. i hope bluehole won't put region restriction.

19. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Kakao Games is the publisher, not BlueHole and it will be a region restriction. At least on the version published by Kakao. Maby there will be another publisher for other regions.

20. piyang

piyang Ascendant

i know.
    • Which regions we service is defined by a contract between Kakao and Bluehole, it is not something that Kakao can simply change on their own.
    • The choice of who publishes in what regions belongs to the Developer (Bluehole), as they create the game and own the intellectual rights to it, they get to decide where their game is sold.
    • Publisher to another region? i say that is impossible unless bluehole wants to cover more territories like Pearl Abyss did to their game
    • so i say "no to region blocking" let the doors open to the rest of the world regardless of their location and ping
    • I played tera with my friends/family living in South East Asia.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    TheFirstOrder likes this.