Codex

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Dei, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Dei

Dei Ascendant

Our official Codex Branches are/were in:

TERA Korea
    TERA EU
    WildStar EU
    Blade and Soul EU
    Revelation Online CHN
    Revelation Online RU
    Revelation Online EU
    Ashes of Creation EU

Other games such as ArcheAge and Black Desert Online were not supported by our community, Codex was created there by friends/members for fun on some of their servers.

2. Greekiz

Greekiz Ascendant

o/

Dei likes this.
  3. Sera

Sera Guest

Oh no'es some one took Deioth... not exactly a common name.. your reputation obviously precedes you .

Dei likes this.
  4. Kiimse

Kiimse Ascendant

10/10 Guild :cool:

Dei likes this.
  5. Izuru

Izuru Ascendant

Sup guys \o/

Dei likes this.
  6. Enfo

Enfo Ascendant

This should be interesting.
    Great guild!

Dei likes this.
  7. barbatas

barbatas Ascendant

Great!!!
    I want to see good guilds play...

Dei likes this.
  8. IceRevenge

IceRevenge Ascendant

i r8 8/8 m8

Dei likes this.
  9. FlyYouFools

FlyYouFools Ascendant

Definitely interested. Was involved in some of the first clears in Wildstar and played Tera EU a lot. Will look out for you.

Dei likes this.
  10. Bizzaro

Bizzaro Ascendant

+4 Got a few friends who are looking to play seriously. Save us a spot in game! :D

Dei likes this.
  11. DarKnife

DarKnife Ascendant

Sounds like a good guild

Dei likes this.
  12. Ocalm

Ocalm Ascendant

+1
    hi i would be interested

Dei likes this.
  13. Necrit

Necrit Ascendant

+ nice ^^

Dei likes this.
  14. ΟΥΤΙΣ

ΟΥΤΙΣ Ascendant

Hello guys!
    Although I never been in the guild I basically followed Codex whatever game they picked except for AoC, and simply cause I don’t trust the Intrepid Studios’ founder or for what matters any crow founded game.
    I just trust their judgment both in the choice of the games both in the choice of the server.
    Looking forward to play with you and against you guys.
    Cheers

barbatas and Dei like this.
  15. sekaplays

sekaplays Ascendant

16. TlorIsFox

TlorIsFox Ascendant

I would join your guild ;D

17. zKenpachi

zKenpachi Ascendant

18. FlyYouFools

FlyYouFools Ascendant

You guys are definitely still interested in this game, right?

19. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@ΟΥΤΙΣ Steven Sharif has MLM background, and according to his interviews, his own personal view of the MLM Industry is positive (he defended the Industry by stating that although the MLM Industry has a negative reputation, there are some good MLM companies that focus on their products). This kind of talk is called a "spin" (a form of propaganda) to persuade our opinions in favor of his scam.

What are some signs of an MLM scam? The most common of them is the (overly) excessive product claims that cannot be backed or reinforced (it's unfounded). The other is low to no quality product (or demo) to display (much of the visual assets of AoC are UE4-Shop placeholders). You are being sold unrealistic promises here that they could never reinforce! Their claim of a quality product is not actual but promises! By making unrealistic claims (promises that are too good to be true), they raised the second highest amount of funds from Player Backers out of any Kickstarter MMOs just second to Star Citizen. While other Kickstarter MMOs like Crowfall have their funding secured by Private Investors (it means that the company can demonstrate that they have enough Total Funds to complete their project by having raised the rest of the funds needed from Investors and thus the game will likely Release), Intrepid Studios went on to state that Steven Sharif himself will fully fund the game for $30M (who knows if he will actually put $30M!) and will 100% refund the Backers if the game fails to Release even though their Refund Policy is only before 30 days (his statement is not legally enforceable so these words mean nothing!). The company also have no transparency as to how much total amount of funds the game currently raised from Backers and how much is the Equity Funds to give you the total figure of Funds Available when other transparent Kickstarters have it in their website like Crowfall and Dual Universe. They are also continually raising funds from Backers on their own website (Cash-Shop Store Items in the form of Packs and a separate BR game that is linked to the MMO with it's own Cash-Shop despite not having a finished game).

If you don't see this as a scam already, if these don't raise any red-flag to you, you are an idiot!

Strike #1 = Pyramid Scheme Referral System
    Strike #2 = My.com and Mail.ru Publishers
    Strike #3 = Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse, a separate Free-to-Play BR game that is linked to the MMO with a Cash-Shop

To you, where is the boundary that they are already out? Optimism without considering the reality is delusion! You are being scammed here and all the company is doing at this point is raise funds from the Backers! If the game is indeed fully funded already because Steven Sharif is fully funding it, why do they still continue to raise funds to this point and aggressively?

I didn't Backed Ashes of Creation at all, because from the start, I already have no trust in the company! I am not stupid who believes in promises alone but not consider the credibility and risks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are some more facts:

Sharon & Steven Sharif, Tim & Kristin Sharif, Lee & Lisa Sharif were all top distributors and earners at Xango. Sure, they weren't Corporate Leaders at Xango, but they were one of the top recruiters. Sharon & Steven Sharif were one of the top earners in the world in terms of the industry at $350,000 per month (they were the second top earner in the company and then later became it's top earner). Obviously, they didn't started at the bottom of the pyramid! They got so rich because of this Pyramid Scheme! Not only is his name associated with MLM, he was also one of the top distributors and earners in that industry worldwide!

He made most of his money from Real Estate when he made around $3.2M to $4.2M a year from MLM? What is the point of him saying that? That he didn't made enough substantial money from MLM?

To be honest, his family is still in the MLM business even to this day (they are still recruiting).

Before buying his lies, go and examine the background of the Sharif Family and tell me in sanity that you still have confidence in their project! When you ruined your reputation, what did you expect?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  20. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@ΟΥΤΙΣ While I can understand your views regarding Intrepid Studios and I 100% agree with it, not all Crowdfunded MMOs are a scam.

There are 2 types of Crowdfundings: Reward Crowdfunding and Equity Crowdfunding.
    Equity Crowdfunding is Investing on a project and receive Shares (this is called Equity Investment) or Interest (we call this Peer-to-Peer, Crowdlending, or simply just loaning where the Crowdlending Platform itself takes the risks). Reward Crowdfunding is being sold Rewards (in the case of MMOs, something virtual when the game comes out), and also, their project is also to our interest (that is why we are willing to fund it in the first place! We are looking for a good MMO-design that every single AAA Company refuse to deliver). Because all Crowdfunded MMOs are not an Investment, they are considered Reward-based and Donation-based Crowdfunded Project at the same time. We are Donating mainly because the project is to our Interest as well (such as Innovations that no AAA Company will take the risk of doing). We are promised a specific game-design in details that they plan and will work on to deliver. They also provide game-development transparency (this also includes development roadmap), and thus, we get to participate in the development process (even from early stage of development) as Testers but likely under an NDA because it's early development which will be lifted up after the build becomes presentable to the public.

That is what Crowdfunded MMOs are! They are Reward-based and Donation-based!

Before you get in to Crowdfunding an MMO, don't just consider their promises, do consider their credibility and risks as well! They have a chance of failing and defaulting, it's correct! In the Investing world, it's the same case! You have to understand that in real-life exchanges, Investors are the ones who are taking risks, and because of that, they must both consider and manage the risks. If something defaults, they take the loss! They didn't lend their money with recourse agreement, they are not Bondholders - there is no Debt Security here! Investing is putting your own Portfolio on a Strategy and you must manage that risks as well. Investing a Portfolio is not lending money - it's putting your own money to a Strategy! If it defaults, it's your loss! The same thing with any online Marketplace Platforms, there are no Securities there and it is your own risks. A Marketplace Platform is what it literally is - a "platform"; All it does is connect Buyers and Sellers, nothing more, nothing less (the Buyers are the Creditors, Investors, Donators, Reward-Buyers).

You have to understand that these things, just like in real-life, have risks! Unless we are offered Securities (a collateral), it is our own risks! In this case, risks where our Donations can end up to a failed / defaulted project. If they offer security through a recourse contract in case of default - not in the way of how Steven Sharif did it which cannot be enforced legally because it's not a Contract Agreement - then it's their risks, not our's anymore.

Dual Universe is a good Crowdfunded MMO that I backed for almost $1000 CAD. They sell nothing but Cosmetics, Physical Goods (T-shirt, Posters, Artbook, etc.), and DACs (in-game time equivalent to a monthly Subscription). I spent around $700 CAD for the lifetime Subscription. I backed the game considering the marketed design of the game, it's principles, goals, and visions, the credibility of the Devs and the Assets they have, the technical feasibility of their proposals and plans, the sustainability of the game for long-term, and ofcourse the fundings it has to complete the project with quality standard.

Dual Universe is making big claims, but at the same time, they can back all their claims! As an Alpha tester myself who is still under an NDA, I can tell you that their technology works for their game! They own and developed their own Server Hardware that is specifically configured and designed solely for the game in which they operate in France. The company do not rent the Server for Dual Universe, they own them and operate them which means there is no Publishers. The Developer here is also the Publisher. This is not a technically impossible game like Star Citizen which created a bad image for Space-themed MMOs! This Single-Shard no loading-screens no Instances MMO with fully editable universe with ability to handle large numbers of players on an area (large density of players) works and the Tests have demonstrated it! They have proven that it works and we have the evidence unlike Star Citizen! The Team is also highly credible (where the large portion of the team are dedicated to work on the Server) under the leadership of JC Baillie who has a degree in Computer Science and Theoretical Physics and experiences in AI (software). Just look at the quality of Dual Universe! Even their Video Editor is good at Video Editing, even their Music Composer is good at Composing, even their Story and Lore Writer is good at what he does. Furthermore, we already have a developed community in this game and the game is not even out yet. The Devs are very transparent to us and we have access to them (through Discord, etc.) for communication almost 7 days of every week.

I want you to look at the fundings of the game. 1.4M Euros are from Backer Donations, 8.7M Euros are from their own Equity (including from Equity Investors). Even JC Baillie himself sold his own Robotics Company in order to found Novaquark and Kickstart this project. Should this game default, we the Backers take the loss, and so will they which will be heavier. The game has enough funds in order to complete it's goals. This is only a PVP-MMO that is player-driven and emergent (there are no PVE Contents that need to be created - just in-game mechanics to support the player-driven PVP), it should not costs that much! We take the risks, they are also taking a bigger risks! But let me tell you something - this risks of failure and defaulting is low because of their credibility, experience and skills, funds, manpower, and Assets such as Hardware and Technology, as well as what they have to demonstrate about the game right now! What does this give me? It gives me confidence to donate and it gives me confidence about the game! They are still doing good right now and they haven't broken their promises! Also, do keep in mind that with Ashes of Creation, only you are taking the risks! They have nothing to lose but a bad reputation in which they already have! There is no Credit Rating on a Donation, it will not affect their reputation to borrow money in the future should they f*** up this project! Intrepid Studios has nothing to lose! The money that they invested in their game so far and all the company expenses such as their salaries, your Donations will cover them! And here they are, making a BR game to raise more money! And you expect me to buy that $30M story and a promise of Security from a non-legal statement? It's bull sh*t!

Not all Investments ultimately lead to a loss! Investing on a bad Strategy and having an unrealistically high Risk Tolerance often leads to a loss! It requires you to analyze these things as an Investor! Not all Strategies are a loss, there are good Strategies that have good Return in the end! I want you to look at Donations and Crowdfunded MMOs in the same way - not everything is a scam, not everything is bad! Dual Universe is an exception! Just like a good Investor, be a good Backer and analyze what you are Backing and consider the risks! If the risks is realistically Tolerable (which means it's not risky based on the factors), do not consider it as a loss yet! Understand that all of them have risks but have varying degree of risks! Not all the Kickstarter MMOs are bad! Sadly, only Dual Universe is the only MMO among them that I can consider as a good Kickstarter Campaign!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019