Changes between Thai and NA/EU

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Ktdarkdevil, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Ktdarkdevil

Ktdarkdevil Ascendant

West-Vlaanderen
    As the title says ,
    would NA/EU change gameplay from Air or would everything almost become the same ?

2. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Well, the CBT of A:IR for Korea is out now (since May 29th)! Go look at the gameplay on Youtube! It's exactly the same as the Thai CBT! While I don't know Thai, I know Korean (I don't need anything translated). It's exactly the same, and if it's exactly the same, you will get the same gameplay for NA/EU most likely!

Here is what you will do: ignore the Cash Shop, study the gameplay, and see if this game is for you or not.

Shion likes this.
  3. Shion

Shion Ascendant

Even with Cash Shop and P2W/P, the game is for me.

The only problem is time. I need to get my new fix to leave Black Desert, but OBT for A:IR isn't here yet.

4. Berinima

Berinima Ascendant

I highly doubt they will change a lot for NA/EU, or anything at all for that matter. Don't get your hopes up too much, A:IR is a decent game but also gets boring really fast. Right now, the grind is just ridiculous and blown out of proportions. That's at least my personal opinion.

Lugdunum and Eternal like this.
  5. Lugdunum

Lugdunum Ascendant

Unfortunatly, this is typical of Korean MMORPG.

Nothing will change with the EU / NA version. You must know that Korean games are designed for Korean culture. Publishing the game in America and Europe is just a move to increase the incomes.

To predict the future, just look at the past of this kind of game (Archeage / Black Desert Online and co)

Eternal likes this.
  6. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

You can only do 3 things:
    • learn the gameplay yourself (and by that, I meant learn the game enough)
    • Learn it from someone else (someone who has enough understanding of the game)
    • Or you can wait later for the same game to get here in NA/EU.
    That's all you can do to find out if this game is for you or not (you can find out now or you can find out later). Just don't hope unrealistically that the gameplay will somehow change drastically because that's not probable. I highly recommend the first option which is to learn the game independently.

Me, I've already done what I needed to do for myself and decided to jump ship as I have better options.

7. Berinima

Berinima Ascendant

Here is a good video btw what is wrong with the game in its current state. Best of the worst games of the genre is quite a fitting verdict for A:IR. As always, only my opinion. And Fevir's in that case.

Lugdunum, Kjjing and Eternal like this.
  8. Lugdunum

Lugdunum Ascendant

This is exactly my conclusion after a week on the game !

The game seems to be good until you reach level 35 - 40, at this time you understand that the game is designed to make you frustrated.

And after a little game operation analysis, you just understand than everythink is volontary to just encourage you to remove the frustration by buying differents things in the cash shop. (vitality potion / storages slots / blessing pass / cats / gear upgrade / etc)

I just reached level 41 and until level 35 everyday I played was exactly the same ! Repeating exactly the sames things, just in differents zones. Do the same world quests maybe 15 times, the challenger hall 15 times too, realm reconstruction 80% of the time is the same everyday, done instances alone or with others people in 5 minutes again and again with absolutly no interest, no social, no challenging content, no satisfaction at all.

This is typical of Korean games, the endgame is always disappointing and to encourage buying in the cash shop instead of encourage player to invest their time and challenge the game content with their skill !

I read a lot of posts of Eternal and everyone that think the game will be a success must read it too, his analysis of games mechanics are just explained very well.

I must say: "As you everybody, I believe that this game will be a first interesting Korean MMORPG. All my hope disapeared when I was able study the games mechanics, that are just unacceptable for the European / American culture".

I will never, NEVER accept to pay stupids things in a cash shop, just because the game is designed to make you frustrated because of the volontary bad mechanics.

And I will never give my money to company that take players for people that don't have the knowledge and skills to understand that.

To conclude, it's the last time I try a Korean MMORPG, they just don't know how to deliver a valuable MMORPG. They repeat exactly the same mistakes and the same bad mechanics since more than 10 years !

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Eternal likes this.
  9. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

I am level 43 yet I have never felt the need to buy anything from the cash shop.
    Item upgrades in the cash shop?
    That’s not even a thing. You get tons of free vitalitet potions just by playing the game, same goes with pets. Which you only need one of btw. And you get one free, from all the free rubies you get.
    Inventory expansion sure, But again you get tons of rubies so paying for that isnt needed either.
    Inventory can be a mess but at level 43 you have plenty of room for everything.

And again I think you are a bit sensetive about the cash shop as most people playing the game havent paid anything.

What I can agree on tho is the content.
    It is a very repetetive and grindy game.
    Every day you basically do the same stuff you did the day before to get XP, gold, materials and for example vitality potions (you can get plenty of those daily with very little effort)
    Dungeons are basically 1 or 2 bosses each dungeon and takes 10 minutes to complete.

So yea the game sure has potential But sadly since its from asia I have My doubts about the game improving alot for the EU/NA versions.

10. Berinima

Berinima Ascendant

I agree, the cash shop is not the issue so far. However in the case of pets you don't only need one, at least not if you want to level your pet and get the passive benefits. For every level up you need a pet with the same level and also of the same kind. Since there are four or five level ups you need 16 or 32 in total and probably several skill reset scrolls to get the best one.

Anyway, the real problem is indeed the content. A:IR is fun for two weeks or so, after that it becomes terribly repetitive and also with absolute no real reason. For example, you have to run the beginner dungeons over and over to a) collect the stupid tokens for the stupid picture book, b) collect every single piece of gear for the stupid collection book and c) get lucky gear drops to move on or otherwise you don't meet the gear score for later dungeons. The dungeons themselves however are ridiculously easy at that point, you are just stuck in your progression with no real reason.

CreativeX, Eternal and Lugdunum like this.
  11. Lugdunum

Lugdunum Ascendant

And this is exactly what will make the game very bad and prevent long-term player loyalty.

Korean culture is different than us. For most, they just don't have any problem about doing the same things everyday, grinding as much as possible just to improve or optimize their character a little bit. For most European / Americain people, it's just boring and will make us away from the game. It's just not fun at all and will encourage botting and have fun in another game during it ...

CreativeX and Eternal like this.
  12. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

Mais pourquoi les développeurs de MMORPG ont pris cette sale habitude, de nous balancer des quêtes journalières comme contenu de fin de jeu ! C’est une vraie plaie ce truc. On n’a aucun plaisir à faire ça tous les jours, ça devient une corvée !

L’entrée en donjons est elle aussi dirigée, bridée pour éviter, soi-disant une trop grande différence entre les joueurs à gros temps de jeu et les joueurs occasionnels, mais en vérité tout cela n’est mis en place que pour masquer un manque de contenu.
    Si on y réfléchit, le MMORPG d'aujourd’hui et très loin de l’idée qu’on s’en faisait à l’époque. Et du plaisir qu’on y prenait à jouer Ensemble. Il devient plus un rpg-coop au fil du temps.

Tout cela ressemble, ni plus ni moins qu’a un gros Hub, où le soir venu chacun se connecte pour faire ses petites daylies, son petit donjon quotidien avant de déco. C'est à peine si on prend le temps de saluer ces coéquipiers d'un soir. Le côté « massive » ne veut plus rien dire. Déprimant !!

Quand j’arrive du taf, si j’ai quatre heures devant moi, c’est pour rigoler avec des potes en donjon ou pour faire du Pvp, c’est pas pour faire des quêtes à la noix, sans saveurs, uniquement pour rester compétitif...

13. Berinima

Berinima Ascendant

I find it amazing that French people always assume that everybody else in the world understands French as well. No offense tho! <3

naxep and CreativeX like this.
  14. Kjjing

Kjjing Ascendant

Don't worry I'm not taking this as an offense, but it's not that I think everyone understand french either. I'm merely saying what I think I french since I'm not confident about my english. Maybe someone will understand, maybe french people will read this (I mean, there was a french section on this forum before it was removed). Anyway, I'm not talking that much because I know many don't speak french on this forum and it seems to trigger some random assumptions here and there.

CreativeX likes this.
  15. CreativeX

CreativeX Ascendant

I’m swedish and I can say WITH confidence that your English is by far good enough.
    So have confidence in it because you sre doing very good so far.