Bless Online Really Screwed You Guys

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by MISFIT, May 30, 2018.

?

Would you trust A:IR to deliver in light of the Bless Online disaster?

1. Yes

68.8%
  2. No

15.6%
  3. Undecided

15.6%
  1. MISFIT

MISFIT Ascendant

Man! What a POS game Bless Online was! Luckily, because it was on Steam, I was able to get a refund! This game has cast a shadow on Korean MMO's and I'm afraid A:IR is going to have to foot the bill. Because this game isn't coming out on Steam, I don't think I'd be able to get a refund if it turns out to be a steaming pile of sh*t like Bless was. Therefore, I will not play this game at launch unless it's free to play. I won't risk losing my money to another half a**ed MMO. If it is B2P then I'll have to wait a few weeks to see what everyone has to say about it. Sorry A:IR...

2. DimmerMeerkat

DimmerMeerkat Ascendant

I think that it's worth noting that there is absolutely no connection between Bless and A:IR. One Korean MMO is not exactly like the other. From the trailer for A:IR alone, I think we already see that there is more to do in this MMO than there is in Bless (and arguably ever will be). Bless released too early in Korea and failed, then it failed in Russia and is failing in Japan. It is a matter of time until it fails stateside too unless it maybe switches to F2P, even though that would probably put Neowiz in a super awkward position after promising it would not be F2P.

Sera, Reversal and MISFIT like this.
  3. Reversal

Reversal Ascendant

Not only what the above reply stated, but from the CBT footage, that although more refinements need to be done, A:IR is very clearly MUCH more polished than Bless. Everything from graphics, FPS performance, and even the combat looks faster/fluid (thought it needs a bit of work).

4. JackJake

JackJake Ascendant

Seeing as the publishers/ devs of this game are different and are actually serious people with serious games, i say maybe it will not be associated that much.
    However, to say bless hasn't affected my feelings towards this game is a lie.
    So far we don't have much gameplay and it is quite early to judge but from some of the footage i've seen of the game i will be skipping buying on day one just to see what it really is first before putting my money in, its hard to not be skeptic after what just happened with bless.

5. MAS

MAS Ascendant

Its to early to say that. They run on the same engine, sure, but lets wait for proper gameplay or some beta feedback to see if AIR getting same problem as Blees do.

6. Dappy

Dappy Ascendant

I agree with Shion in that, Bluehole and Kakao have already shown an interest in working with and taking feedback from the western market. Black Desert has had struggles with appeasing the western market in its entirety, however BDO still has a strong player base and is well maintained, and Kakao is far from deaf to the playerbase feedback, when you compare them to other scenarios like the release of Bless. I believe that we should remain very vocal about what the west wants, and that it's important not to slay a product before it's released, no matter how many times we gamers have been burned. Keep communicating and be loud about it, and stay positive, and hopefully we'll see results.

Sera and Rosehj like this.
  7. crawlord

crawlord Ascendant

unreal engine 3 = my concern .

8. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

Why?

9. JackJake

JackJake Ascendant

Most of the games with that engine have not the performance, and they are kinda demanding, let alone an mmorpg so expect some fps drops here and there

10. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

Bluehole has the experience from TERA, then for the technical part, we can fairly hope it will go smooth (still as in every launch, there will be lags, but even FFXIV has always problems with each new extension. Heavensward and Stormblood had queues at start). Kakao Games has some experience with BDO and they have becoming better. The only worrying part for me is cash-shop.

11. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

I've seen enough streams to say this game runs pretty good (for MMORPG standards).
    And for example PUBG runs on UE4 and it has the shittiest performance and optimization for a game, got 1080TI and the fps isn't stable for me.

Conclusion: It's not about the engine, It's how they work with it.

Strider and JackJake like this.
  12. Strider

Strider Ascendant

The bless launch was far from the worst launch I've been a part of tbh. Just a shame the actual game wasn't very good. I refunded after an hour and a half game play. I have never seen so obvious a last ditch cash grab in my time in mmos.

All exploits and bugs from their previous launches were in there. For me that's unforgiveable really.

As for A:IR I'm still pumped to play it. Bless was a risk as I knew it was likely going to be bad. In this game however I see a ton of potential. I just hope they work on optimisation.

If I'm honest I would play it now if they released it as early access and I'd bet it would be in a more complete state than bless