Ascent: Infinite Realm - When for a European server ?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Bosco_Barracuda, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Bosco_Barracuda

Bosco_Barracuda Ascendant

Hello !
    My question is simple:

When for a European server?

The game is announced with a European Server for 2019.
    We are mid-September and still nothing ...

Does anyone have knowledge of an official date for the European server?

Thanks for your answers.

2. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

Hey there, Bosco.

I am not quite sure why people were left with the impression that Ascent: Infinite Realm would be released for EU/NA in 2019. That definitely won't happen.

The next step for launch will be Korean Open Beta, then Thailand Open Beta... There are no news at all on when it'll come to EU/NA.

The only thing that's for sure is that it won't be this year.

3. Shion

Shion Ascendant

They did said after Closed Beta in Korea 1,5 years ago, that EU&NA will be next on the line for the Beta test that summer.

I am honestly very surprised that the game isn't out yet.
    Where do they get the funding for prolonging development by 2 years?

4. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

Well, I believe that the EU/NA regions are getting way too hyped for a game that's nowhere near their markets yet. I am not sure if the developers announced the game for last/this summer or it was simply something that got lost in translation and led to misunderstanding.

I also often wonder about the funds. It seems like they're endless. Keeping in mind that the game received a nice feedback from the Korean playerbase and they called it a "minor Archeage/Tera successor", I'd suppose they want to do a really good job with it.

Perhaps they have finally understood that releasing half-done games will get them nowhere. Well, let's hope that's the case.

Shion likes this.
  5. SweetAnubis

SweetAnubis Ascendant

getting way too hyped? are you kidding? you can hardly blame them. have you seen the rubbish we've gotten in EU/NA for the last 2 years. its been an absolute deadzone for good games. it's all half baked games and remakes. nothing worth playing at all.,,, a game like this would be a breath of fresh air... not to mention for a steampunk lover as myself omg super excited!!! that all said as much as i wana play it now i much prefer them taking the time to finish the game rather than release a half baked buggy game missing content that was promised.... thats why all the half way decent games have been dying.

6. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

I'm very well aware of how many "proper games" we've been getting lately. With a heavy heart I can say, that as much as I love A:IR, the state that we saw in the last two betas (Thailand and Korea) was simply not good enough for our market. Or well, any market.

7. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Then you finally spoke of the truth! You see, when an apple is red and I asked you what colour it is, it's not a matter of your opinion! Almost all people in the world have the same photoreceptor cells in their eyes, in other words almost all of them have the same perception of colours. You keep disagreeing when I spoke of the reality; I mean can't you notice what is f*cking obvious?!

You are not doing us a f*cking favour by continuously white-knighting this game and keep denying the truth as if this is a matter of an opinion!

Do not f*cking forget that you are a consumer/costumer and not a representative of these companies! What?! You don't know how to f*cking assert our interest as customers?!

You are useless and the same goes to our Community Manager who is by the way an English-speaker and a Westerner yet does not communicate with the community which is his job!

Pathetic, as with this game! You are meant to be with this game as it reflects your characteristics!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  8. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

@Ayia Stop white-knighting this game! If my comments are negative, then let it be negative than be pointless! What do you expect to hear?! Positive comments from a negative state of the game?! What do you want me to do?! Speak unfrankly with you who is unfrank?

If there's anyone deluded here, it is you! Now stop influencing us with your delusion; it will only do us worse!

Ali_Dire likes this.
  9. Ayia

Ayia Ascendant

Did not/will not read the above posts. Sooner or later this forum will be active and I can't wait for the being above to get the permanent ban hammer.

10. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

Will no longer argue with you. You are delusional!

Do you think I give a f*ck if this forum becomes active again? A:IR has been in development since 2014 and Bless Online has been in development since 2012 -- that is only 2 years of difference! It will turn 2020 right now and look at the quality of this game -- it's still not viable for any market just like Bless! The game that you are so lustful about is nothing but another piece of sh*t in the making, the signs/warnings/red-flags are starting to show off and here you are holding to your beliefs instead of noticing and acknowledging what's going on! You are on crack, and if we are speaking of sanity, tell me which one of us has a problem? It is you who can never be reasoned as you are devoid of any logic and reality! Keep listening to yourself and perceive what you wanna perceive!

You wanna know why this forum is dead? It's because this f*cking game sucks and nobody is interested in this game!

As if my account matters to me anymore after having learned more and more about this game! I'm not even gonna play it with the way it is designed and the people of whom are in-charge (which by the way matters if you plan to invest in a game for long-term). Look at my account -- I resetted it! This is how much of a garbage I see this game and the companies behind it, and here you are trying to spray freshener on the trash and trying to present it to these new people! If I lose this account, do you think I'm ever gonna give a f*ck?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Ali_Dire likes this.
  11. Shion

Shion Ascendant

With
    SWTOR 6.0 Expansion on 22nd October.
    Black Desert Online - The Great Expedition Expansion on 23rd October.
    FFXIV 5.1 - 29th October
    WoW 8.3 - some 2-3 month away.

MMO enthusiasts will have enough to do for the next few month.

They will probably publish it just like Black Desert in February-March, as their contract will run out with BDO that month, they will probably loose license to Pearl Abyss, and focus on A:IR 24/7.