are we useless?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by RedBandit, Sep 17, 2018.

?

Players feelings

1. we are useless

44.0%
  2. bluehole has a plan

16.0%
  3. it is worth to wait

40.0%
  1. Eternal

Eternal Ascendant

What kind of skill-requirement are you talking about? Application of specific skill/s can only be applied if it meets the design of the game. The skills that you are talking about are based on the design of the game. We are all skilled particularly in something, what matters is what's applicable.

If they designed their combat to be rotational-based button-mashing for optimal DPS and non situational/strategic, it will be the same crap as Asian MMORPGs that came before. I am already fed up with that combat to be honest, it's pathetic! The Tab-targetting combat that they had before is better, I can't say it's anywhere near perfect. If they want to change it to Action-based Combat, what I want to see is allow for situational and strategic combat, give full control of your character where you will react to situation accordingly. Make it like BDO where you are not spamming rotation. It's better to spam a skill than to spam a rotation, atleast with skill, you can use on certain situation. That's called "full control of the character".

If the combat of this game turned garbage, there is Ashes of Creation whom you will be competing with with all these delays. Ashes of Creation is not about spamming rotations. I will choose that game over this if you are not willing to change the mistakes Asian MMORPGs never learned to change from the past in terms of combat.

If this game wants to stand up to Ashes of Creation, it has to do good or better - it needs to stop replicating the same flawed designs from the past. If this becomes a session-based, instance-based, full of limitations, rotational button-mashing combat, just like the rest of Korean MMOs in design, it will be dead on arrival. A design like that just never works! I will not play a game like this over a better designed one with innovations included.

I'm burned out already, you cannot keep doing the same mistakes again and again! Straighten up or you will fail!

2. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

@Eternal Can You give me an example of mmorpg game with this brainless rotations where You dont have full control of Your character? From Asian MMOs i've played L2, Aion, Tera, AA and BDO... there was few other but I spend more time on this titles. And... I dont recognize the problem You're talking about. The only boring combat system among this five was BDO. I've played also WoW for many years, GW2 and SW:TOR... and you had there also a full control of your character. So what are we talking about?

Second... if BDO is so good why not playing it? If I had such a great game as You describe BDO, then I wouldn't waste my time for other games. BDO is still Alive (ekhm.... p2w....), It has definitely the best graphics of all mmorpgs so far and It has great CS (at least for You).

And about Ashes of Creation... Yes, I'm also interested in that game but... this combat system is boring af for me. Just watch the Alpha One Gameplay... U can master your class in one day. Yeah, You like simple games, thats ok. But don't blame other, more complex combat systems only because You can't handle it. @RedBandit has a point imo. Maybe You need more practice with other CS.

I'm not defending AIR, I agree that the CS we saw before was shietty. But They working on it (hopefully)... and I dont have anything against a good, modern TTCS.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  3. Stabby

Stabby Ascendant

Being your dad
    LOOL you guys are such entitled gamers. Wow this game is under alpha testing and the people playing it are most likely under NDA in kr and dont want to push any info out besides what they did in the start as they change things. Like god bless yeah they dont care about you because they're working on the game. Its a good meme to think they ever cared about you. Only time it matters is when the game is ready to hit the public in a beta or launch setting that u can expect more.

4. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Of course I am!

[​IMG]