are we useless?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by RedBandit, Sep 17, 2018.

?

Players feelings

1. we are useless

46.7%
  2. bluehole has a plan

13.3%
  3. it is worth to wait

40.0%
  1. RedBandit

RedBandit Ascendant

I just wonder that are we useless?

Why there is no any feedback from the A:IR crew? ı see so many people who are dreaming to play this game for a long time, and ı see so many people who put so many work about the gameplay. On the other hand, Crew is updating that ''you guys are invited our party.'' there is no feedback or any news about this game. it makes me sad.

I think we will play this game in 2020.

Triplebutterfly and cem like this.
  2. Laguna

Laguna Ascendant

Probably playable in 2019, we can still hope for a first CBT in 2018. IMHO 2020 would be a very bad move since a lot of kickstarted MMO are going to emerge around this period.

3. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Ascendant

Alvida अलविदा Is "Good Bye" in Hindi.

The reason the game hasn't had an update was because Bluehole went public with the Demo because they needed to fish for a good publisher, the publisher Kakao Games (Who probably don't even manage this web-sight) Put out the Demo to build hype and try and get a community rounded up for Beta.

Well then Bluehole pulls support because they get green light by Microshoft to push Terra onto the Xbox and Kakao probably tosses down a red flag when Bless Online comes out.

This all happens back in May or so about 4-6 months ago. Combat engine needs to be overhauled and about 8 months get added to the develupment of the game that was already 80% ish localized into English.

Breaks hit hard and now we all waiting here in limbo for Feb or March Beta tests.

That is my theory, only reason we are not being updated is because no one is getting paid to update us, and No one in the right mind would explain whats going on because that is inside information and could land you in hot water if your company deals stocks.

4. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Well, we could say many bad things about Tera but... Imo Tera had the best ACS I've ever played. And Yes, I've played BD also. For me BD is just boring bling bling key smashing :p I'm not saying that BD has bad CS but I think it's just a matter of taste. Maybe something has changed, but for the first year after Tera release (EU/NA), stats/gear had huge impact on game. Yes, Tera ACS was hard, there was a lot of skills, many chains/rotation, which made combat even more fun because U had another macro-tactic to manage (especially in PvP). As far as I remember, the main reason most hardcore players were leaving was lack of new content. I remember my guild, we all quit this game in one day beacuse there was nothing to do.

Yes, game need progression, but It doesnt mean only stats. Look at GW2 for example ;) Still 80 lvl cap after 2 expansions, gear doesnt matter, because You can get full Exotic gear almost for free, ascended gear is also easy to get, and the game is not dead after 6 years :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  5. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

And by the way... they are working on something called Project EXA :D One of the art designer (i think) was alowed to show few character models and It looks like something from... Tera 2? :p One of character is probably an older version of elin race.

If they plan to launch two mmorpg games (not sure if that's a good idea :p), maybe that's the reason why they decided to go TTCS on AIR. EXA will be ACS as an alternative.

6. Squishywasabi

Squishywasabi Ascendant

Tbh, every post I read on this forum you threaten to not play the game. But you're still here. Just saying, not trying to be rude.

Strider likes this.
  7. xMantissx

xMantissx Ascendant

HM... Triggered?

8. CM Praballo

CM Praballo Well-Known Member A:IR Crew

You guys have certainly no reason to feel useless.
    If anyone, it's us the community team, impatiently waiting to be able to share more previews of the game.
    Unfortunately sometimes things take longer than originally expected and Beta testing will not start in 2018.
    We will inform you about exact dates as soon as possible.

We received however updates and new builds for internal testing from the development team and we will start sharing more game details very soon.

Thank you for your patience!

Strider, hurfmurf, Sygiria and 3 others like this.
  9. RedBandit

RedBandit Ascendant

All we need is this, we are waiting and waiting.

10. Santreim

Santreim Ascendant

That's all we needed to know, from official sources.
    If the dev team needs more time, so be it, but keep us informed when the dates you announce are pushed back.

11. Partiesplayin

Partiesplayin Ascendant

Maybe it's just me but I liked the tab target system in archeage, it was fast-paced it was fluid and you weren't locked in place while performing actions. It seemed well balanced and you could change classes or skills on the fly to suit the situation. Well don't in my opinion . I think BH should take note of theses specific features if they intend to use tab targeting.. the biggest downfall archeage had was not the combat bit rather the huge gear gaps and pay to win. The combat however I enjoyed. The biggest mistake that Blue Hole can make at this point is I nstancing an open world game dungons/pvp. Instances housing and the combat, and free to play pay to win none of these things will work in the West do it and your game is dead before it even came out in the west.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  12. xDrac

xDrac Ascendant

Web Designer
    Thanks for the update! Sad that it is delayed but I guess that's just how it is.

Oh yes, I second that. Fully agree!

13. RedBandit

RedBandit Ascendant

I almost read all your writing and i just wonder that are you good player or bad player in any game? Do you have any talent? Do not blame the games that you can not play. Searching or investigating a game does not make you a pro player. So please stop playing the god.

14. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

@Eternal Can You give me an example of mmorpg game with this brainless rotations where You dont have full control of Your character? From Asian MMOs i've played L2, Aion, Tera, AA and BDO... there was few other but I spend more time on this titles. And... I dont recognize the problem You're talking about. The only boring combat system among this five was BDO. I've played also WoW for many years, GW2 and SW:TOR... and you had there also a full control of your character. So what are we talking about?

Second... if BDO is so good why not playing it? If I had such a great game as You describe BDO, then I wouldn't waste my time for other games. BDO is still Alive (ekhm.... p2w....), It has definitely the best graphics of all mmorpgs so far and It has great CS (at least for You).

And about Ashes of Creation... Yes, I'm also interested in that game but... this combat system is boring af for me. Just watch the Alpha One Gameplay... U can master your class in one day. Yeah, You like simple games, thats ok. But don't blame other, more complex combat systems only because You can't handle it. @RedBandit has a point imo. Maybe You need more practice with other CS.

I'm not defending AIR, I agree that the CS we saw before was shietty. But They working on it (hopefully)... and I dont have anything against a good, modern TTCS.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  15. Stabby

Stabby Ascendant

Being your dad
    LOOL you guys are such entitled gamers. Wow this game is under alpha testing and the people playing it are most likely under NDA in kr and dont want to push any info out besides what they did in the start as they change things. Like god bless yeah they dont care about you because they're working on the game. Its a good meme to think they ever cared about you. Only time it matters is when the game is ready to hit the public in a beta or launch setting that u can expect more.

16. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Of course I am!

[​IMG]