about PvP and PK in the world

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by TiriTim, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

Why do you think I hope to take part in the CBT? There are many things I wish to check XD

2. Santreim

Santreim Ascendant

Removing OwPvP from the game will probably turn off more players than it would retain. Why have an alliance system without PvP to use it? You compete to see who clears the instances first? Or who has more farms?

OwPvP isn't toxic per se, griefers and assholes who enjoy ruining other's fun are the toxic people. And that people will find the way to be an asshole, no matter the limitations: they'll purposefully wipe on instances, steal your mobs or throw trains of mobs to kill you on OwPvE.

3. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

@Shion

No need to be that absolute, owPVP doesn't mean "ow free kill everywhere"( in fact owPVP is only supposed to express the idea that PVP is not restricted to an instance or an arena), a good balanced PVP contains safe areas, war areas and neutral areas. To give an idea of what I mean : pirates and corsairs are fighting but Turttle island is supposed to be neutral (no free kill) and in and around an official country, free kill is not supposed to be either.

Now where I agree with you is how ressources are organized. Since all people enough motivated can do "everything" with enough gameplay time, limited ressources can't be or people will flee the game. Savage PK/free kill can be a problem if people can stole ressources everywhere.

There is the opposite problem, if the ressource is available both in a safe area and pvp area, everyone will go to the safe zone. But it can be solved with the two factions : people can do raids in the other faction land to get ressources but safe areas still exists in both. The real problem will be the balance of these ressources : important but not "essential" (maybe except for pvpers : here can be an interesting balance between craft/gears & pvp/pve). Here, finally, the only point I can consider worrying is HV pricings. Pricing mustn't kill lifeskill.

As Santreim say, the community is the real question : goldbuyers and other kind of toxic players can kill the game.

To express my idea, maybe we could imagine a mix between Aion RVR and FFXIV PVE HL.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

Where do you get the idea that pve players are the ones that generally leave? It is the other way around for most games except AA. While the Pvp players have been leaving BDO the PVE players are the ones sticking around. Interestingly, after this last exodus of PVP players, the game has gotten less toxic.
    Also the PVP only players for the most part do not have worker empires, it is the pve and pvx players that do.
    I've actually ventured back into BDO a few times lately. I've noticed a huge decrease in the the toxicity. Sadly it is still buggy.

5. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

no

6. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

it doesn't mean that.

7. Nick.TheChopper

Nick.TheChopper Ascendant

Exactly, if air can reach Archeage drama air become a GOD level game.

8. Barbara

Barbara Ascendant

I hope there will open world pvp alongside instanced battlegrounds and arenas!

9. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

Then it should for at least two reasons :
    Cities are used to be safe places in owPVP games ( Lineage)
    Even in real world we can consider there are safe, unsafe and neutral areas. So it means for RP immersion.

10. MR.M

MR.M Ascendant

so is that means there's going to be some zone that allowed PK/PVP while some aren't?

sorry if my english is bad, english is not my first language

11. Spirit Detective

Spirit Detective Ascendant

First of all, this game is going to be F2P. so I hope there is no open world PVP.

Open world PVP in a F2P game = P2W players. No thanks!

Vampiric likes this.
  12. Santreim

Santreim Ascendant

1. We don't know if it's going to be F2P yet, business model hasn't been announced
    2. OWPvP+F2P doesn't have to go the P2W route if the devs are reasonable people

13. Sirbalin

Sirbalin Ascendant

So, any final answers on this from the Devs? I just looked and it seems that the discussion on owpvp is still out there. I personally only want a game with owpvp, guild warring, etc. The way Tera launched was amazing, guild wars, open world pk, then they scrapped it and the game fell off hard. I really like the idea of going with pve and pvp servers, don't force us to play together...in the end one side will be happy, usually the pve crowd.

Vunak likes this.
  14. Sirbalin

Sirbalin Ascendant

This is why games should have pvp and pve servers...keep it simple, don't try to make both sides happy together, ... always sucks in the end.

Lointaine likes this.