about PvP and PK in the world

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by TiriTim, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Just read the last 4 pages of this thread.

2. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

I have. The accusations you made have no merit.

3. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Another "fresh" account created today... wonder if its the same person all the time? :>

4. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

Unfortunatly, I can't condone that. It is abuse playing. As people in real life would end in jail for that because it is crime, in a game it is just killing the game for others and, then, an abuse. If you assume the game to be RPG, you have to assume people consider it as an abuse in game as they consider it as a CRIME in real life.

Erin and Vampiric like this.
  5. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

If you cannot provide quotes of the things you accuse others of doing your claims have no merit. There is no honor in claiming others have said and done things they have not.

6. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

Such behavior is an abomination. To reap abuse on a person and then claim you are only playing a role is an unconvincing justification for boorish behavior. To hide behind the excuse of claiming "It is mere role play" while deliberately interfering with another's progression is at best a cowardly thing and at worse a thin disguise for simple thugary and brutish.

7. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

I will not quote anything. There are so many insults here that is just mindblowing that you cant find any. She called us, PvP players "bloodthirsty psychopaths" for example. Few pages earlier. She lied about me and my alliance many times saying that im a bully, I am a PK, she lied that we have met in AA etc. Especially when I was helping pve players most of the time in AA. Sorry, I cant help you if you cant read properly.

Youre just quoting me saing that insulting ppl is something bad and you're twisting my words. You clearly dont know what RP is about.

8. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

If this were the case you would be able to provide quotes. I assure you my reading skills are up to par and yet the only insults I see are ones you aim at her. I think perhaps your skills in reading are however below par as at no time did she state she met you in the game. Indeed, while she talks about your faction in great detail she does not once mention your actions within the game.
    The behavior she describes is indeed churlish and bloodthirsty but she does not name you personally among the evil doers as you claim. Are you not able to distinguish the difference between discussion of an entire faction and that of a single person?
    Yet now you insult me because I ask you to back up your claims with something more than just your words. Are you truly unable to refrain from hurling insults at those who dare to question you?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    Eärwen and Greeniewolf like this.
  9. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Are you kidding me right now?

My alliance was never doing that. She doesnt even know the name of my alliance or any guild in the alliance. She doenst even know on what server I was playing. She came up with this bullshiet only to insult me and other players i've been playing.

10. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

Again she never discussed the behavior of you nor that of your alliance. She stated the reputation though I dare say most larger alliances had that reputation at least among the opposite factions. She discussed the behavior of members of your faction. However I would point out you yourself stated the server you were on in a previous post, and with but a few minutes time and searching on the World Wide Web it is easy to make some inferences as to which faction and the handful of alliances among guilds that would fit the description that you provided. Perhaps those inferences are wrong but there are only the words you yourself have provided to go on. I genuinely do not understand why you would take upon yourself such offense when she named neither yourself nor your alliance as participants in the events she described. It would be as if I were to take offense as a Brits simply because someone stated that Brits who visited a certain county were bullies on account of them being boorish in their behavior toward women, destructive of property, and insulting toward all local custom even though I myself may never have visited that country. It would be silly for me to claim offense, accuse them of lying, or say that they labeled me a bully.

11. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

12. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

Can you say for certain it did not contain those elements? Every large alliance within that game contained them. In point of fact, as nearly every alliance was aimed at killing members of the opposite faction I dare say for an alliance not to be full of player killers would be nigh impossible as it quite hard to fulfill that duty without, in fact, killing said players, no? And in and around dungeons were many of the best hunting grounds for such, correct?
    So how can you possibly take offense to that? It is simply a point of fact for every successful alliance in that wretched game.

I would add that there were some alliances that would elevate themselves to great heights in the measure of bloodlust with which they set themselves upon the opposing faction while others were more, for lack of a better phrase, merely resolved to the seeming necessity of the deed.

Greeniewolf likes this.
  13. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Yes, Im sure that no one was killing other players outside pvp zones and without reason. But if you have problems with us fighting large battles in PvP zones.... in game focused on PvP then I have nothing to say. Stigmatize ppl for doing pvp in a pvp game. Heh, now that's funny...

14. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

The behavior of some described by her and attested to by others and even witnesses by myself in that game deserves a stigma for it goes beyond any sense of propriety even in a game. That holds particularly true for the treatment that was often inflicted upon the fairer *** by many in that game. I dare say a great many in that game took an unholy glee in giving special torment to those they knew-- or even just merely suspected--of being female. The threat of unwelcome carnal encounters was not an uncommon one in that game and I am aware of at least two instances in our island kingdom here where those threats were carried out not in the game upon the avatars but rather in darkens streets and burgled bedrooms upon the bodies of the players themselves. Almost as disposable is that the perpetrator in one of those instances bragged of the deed to his brethren in his guild and upon the lady's next next and final venture into the game more such threats were leveled against her causing her such distress she was unable to move or do more than sob for ten minutes until her flat mates returned to find her in such distress.
    You poked fun of one woman for stating that such threats left her in a similar state. I wonder if you had been born female and endured such trauma how threats for more would affect you?
    I tell you that event led not only to her hurried departure from that wretched game but eventually from this world as well. That is by no means the worst I have witnessed in that or any other game. It seems wherever there is an open world player versus player system, there follows a large contingent of those who would race to see who can create the deepest, dankest cesspool possible.
    I am not saying anyone here is one of those, but I am stating that is the inevitable result of such systems; to become the cesspools that collect some of the worst specimens of the homo sapien species.

15. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

She did not insult you, you insulted her. She said nothing about your alliance that you yourself did not already say.

What you're talking about is not role play. In fact it goes against the very definition of roleplay.

16. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

U dont understand. In every game with large amount of ppl you will met this toxic players. It doesnt matter if it's MMORPG, Moba or FPS. Id doesnt matter if its PvE or PvP. The only difference is that with PvP aspect, youre exposed to interact with others. In PvE you're mostly living in your own, safe instance, zone, phasing or channel. So Yes, its easier to met this toxic players in PvP. But this in not PvP fault. Vast majority of PvP players can bahave properly. You cant just stigmatize everyone who plays PvP now or calling them bloodthirsty psychopaths. I will not agree on that. Its just unacceptable.

17. Arthenics

Arthenics Ascendant

@Szemer

You staded player who don't want full owpvp are killing the genre MMORPG. People are going against this statement because, appart of toxic behaviors we can meet in all mmo (I've heard about harassment in FPS or MOBA too. CallOf or LoL has a very bad reputation in this matter), one sure thing that contribute to kill a mmo is the whales hunt. People are now more and more angry against this practice that makes games P2W and/or kills lifeskill. From what I've heard, AA has a pretty bad reputation, both about harassment and cashshop .

You stated your experience as an universal truth but there are pretty many others reasons that can explain the so told death of MMO. They are not dead, they are (too) numerous (there are more and more players but less and less faithfull to a game. Many just say they come for two month and will come back the next major release). The most common argument considered as MMO killer is F2P concept : games are badly optimized, weird in their story and F2P make them whales hunt. It can kill a game even before problems of harassment or from your side, lack of openpvp.

You know, it is not unfair to consider people gathering/crafting are not aiming for PVP (as people in real life are not aiming to be killed). And not all people are comfortable with big guilds. Worst, all guilds I know meet dramas. After all even true progamers team change from time to time.

You don't deserve insults but, please, don't say people, who are not aiming MMO and PVP the way you do, are killing the genre. There are so many other reasons. I'be been playing Aion (and, being in their second guild, I knew players who were part in one of the best ranked team in EU at that time. Some of the team left not because of the game, or lack of pvp or so, they just had something else to do IRL and the remaining ones ended to leave the game).

There is an other reason too, maybe the most common but the less told : HL don't help LL or LL feel it that way and HL don't want to do PL. In other words? The so common PL Drama that kills guild and finally lead few people to leave the game, that fragments team and communities.

Erin and Eärwen like this.
  18. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

indeed, he still maintains she insulted him but the best evidence he has put forth only exonerates her because he twists what she says into shapes that are nigh unrecognizable. At the same time he still maintains he was threatened without providing even a glimmer of proof and yet his insults are both numerous and exceedingly uncouth. He has disparaged the character of two ladies with insults that if said in person would result in a most violent bout of fisticuffs.
    I do wonder if perhaps English is perhaps a distant second or perhaps third language for him as he seems to have trouble comprehending certain ideas and concepts and views everything as an insult. Lamentable really but it would also explain his rather peculiar missteps with grammar and syntax.

19. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

Perhaps he relies on google translate?

Vampiric likes this.
  20. Vampiric

Vampiric Ascendant

An intriguing thought! Quite possible. It would explain much including the use of the wrong words for the job such as "exposed" instead of "supposed." It would also possibly account for his seeing insults where none were in fact made. I am indecisive on if I find it plausible that it would account for his exasperating and incessant insistence he was threatened, however.