about PvP and PK in the world

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by TiriTim, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Erin

Erin Ascendant

I am not insulting you. I am stating the truth about the activities your faction in AA did and your behaviors in general and pointing out every time you blatantly lied.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Give me only one example when I attacked You without reason. Give me only one name of our alliance member or his guild who had behave like you said.
    Yes, there was pirates and PKs, that was the game about. Most ppl didnt have problem with this, they had fun.... What have you done in this game? Everything you're talking about sounds like you're a solo player who dont know how to talk to other ppl. There were ppl who could help you, why not ask for help? I cant understand. I will say it again - it is MMORPG not a Single Player game.

3. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

the only one I have seen doing any insulting here is you.
    You literally stated that pvers that don't like dying to abusive pvpers "are either solo players, small casual guilds and other asocial groups"
    You make insulting, inflamatory, untruthful statements like: "It is your choice being a victim, not mine" and "You cant cooperate with others" "Everything you're talking about sounds like you're a solo player who dont know how to talk to other ppl. There were ppl who could help you, why not ask for help? I cant understand. I will say it again - it is MMORPG not a Single Player game."
    You falsely accused everyone that stated they want ways to opt out of open world pvp of ruining the game for you because you wont be able to bully them.
    Stop projecting your behaviors onto others.
    Ive run guilds and alliances on Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter, ESO, Rappelz, BDO, and at least a dozen other games. I enjoy battlefields and arenas. I even enjoy owpvp done right when there are ways to opt out. But i will not support anything that allows bullies to bully others without consequences.
    My own experiences in these games and looking at the research contradicts everything you have said.

I have found nothing credible out of all the things you have said, and you have yet to make a credible and truthful argument about why there should not be a pve server or channel. The closest you came was claiming that pve channels ruin economies, and you even managed to contradict yourself on that.

You also make a lot of statements about how pvers that don't like ow pvp are the minority. In fact numerous surveys by different groups have stated just the opposite, including one on the bdo forums, one recently published by OSU, and even a recent one commissioned by a group of game publishers in the US that has been sited recently by a lot of the gaming media. the size varies between them somewhat but all of them have those that prefer unrestricted ow pvp as an incredibly small minority. The vast majority of gamers stated that any sort of open world pvp should be opt in only. Finally consistently over half of gamers stated they would be happy with games without any sort of open world pvp at all.

Ive watched in many open world pvp games where large guilds and/or alliances completely shut out the dungeons or resources from other players. Ive seen guilds confine newer players to the starting zones. Games with fast track leveling provisions actually make this issue worse, not better, especially for the players that enjoy doing the story-lines and such.

Eärwen likes this.
  4. Erin

Erin Ascendant

IN AA your faction kept me and my friends locked in our housing section for 5 hours one time because you went into the main housing areas and killed everyone that attempted to leave their houses and had a separate group camping the shrine.
    Another time your faction prevented anyone from going near one of community gardens for days until nearly all the stuff in it went to public harvest.
    Or how about the time your faction came into a dungeon where I was helping a bunch of level 20's and wiped everyone in it out. Then waited till we were nearly done, then wiped it again. When our guild showed up, your faction disappeared for a bit then came back with over 150 people which was more than our entire alliance had online at the time just to keep us from being able to go anywhere until we gave up and logged off; the whole time whispering slurs and worse.
    And then what about all the times where we would just want to be able to get our tradepacks to be delivered and we would get slaughtered and over. Then your faction members would whisper us that we could go through without further problems, but it would only be a trick and we would get slaughtered again and told we were just stupid ****s.
    You honestly think we didn't have a problem with that? You honestly think we enjoyed that sort of crap? It wasn't fun. It was stressful and miserable and it left all the female members of the guild I was in including myself shaking and sometimes in tears. And that is the kind of toxicity that you want to bring here. And you say I make myself a victim and want to ruin your game? All I want is not to be subjugated to the same kind of abuse that I and my guildmates experienced from guys like you in AA and bdo.
    Our guild wasn't hardcore, but it wasn't causal either. But we were never able to get decently geared or even get to explore much of the game because we were always outnumbered and harassed by people that bragged about making pvers their ******* and trying to drive us off the game.

5. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

EXACTLY MMORPG you keep acting like the RPG means nothing. PVP is only a small relatively unimportant part of MMORPGs yet you act like it is the end all and very reason for their existence when even the name of the genre itself says otherwise. You keep insulting everyone that disagrees with you. You might be the nicest guy in the world, but you're coming across as an entitled bully even if that's not your intent.
    You keep saying that having any sort of limits on pvp or a pve server will ruin the game for you. Please actually provide objective examples of how will not being able to kill Erin and players like her that just want to be able to do their own thing in peace "ruin" the game for you?
    What makes you so special you should be allowed to ruin the game for her and any of her friends simply because you want to kill them while they simply want to progress?
    What makes you so special that if I bring my bdo guild here that you should be allowed to kill them at will and lock them out of the things they want to do and ruin their time in the game?
    How will it "ruin the game" if there are pve servers or a way for them to opt out of being ganked just because they aren't in your faction?
    If you can give good, factual, logical answers then maybe I might be able to take you seriously. Until then, it really sounds like you just want to be able to harass any player, any time, without consequences which is something I strongly object to.
    Except that there might be a lack of innocents or defenseless players to suit your liking, It honestly sounds like Mortal Online, or Conan: Exiles might be better games for you. They are MMO's but not MMORPGS in any real sense of the term. They are more centered around survival and pking and there is very little in the way of stories or quests other than enough to get you used to the mechanics and are specifically marketed to those that like to pk others and everyone going into either of those is warned they will be killed and to find allies immediately.

Eärwen likes this.
  6. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Who?!?!?!? Give me names! You attacked my Alliance but you cant namy anyone. You dont even know the names of my guild, you dont know the name of my alliance, probably we're never met in AA but youre lying all the time trying to blame me for things I've never did. There is something wrong with you or what?

What were you doing in PvP zones?! In Safe zones there is no PvP or PK allowed. You went to PvP zone and now you''re crying that someone wants to fight you?! Are you serious?

There were safe zones around Dungeons entrances. Another bullshiet.

Did you even played AA? Is ther anything you know about this game? Anything you're saying is a lie.

The Online games are not for You if youre reacting like that. I'm serious. For almost 15 years playing mmorpg I never met a player like You. You cant play the game and you're terrorize everyone else. There are many females playing MMORPG, playing PvP. Nobody reacts like this.

You have just proven my point. Your guild/community was weak because you cant cooperate with other players. It will never happened if you were playing this game properly.

So...
    1. You're attacking my old Alliance but you cant name anyone from us. We've probably never met but your lying about me and my community. Its disgusting...
    2. You're building in PvP zones and you're surprised that someone is attacking you. Its silly...
    3. You're literally crying and shaking when someone is attacking you in game. You need to quit online games or you need even some help. I'm serious, that is not normal.
    4. You guild was VERY casual if you couldnt cooperate with others.

At least we know what kind of person we're dealing with.

7. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

Enough already with the abuse and insults. For your past several posts, that is all you have done and yet you accuse Erin of it.

You claim to have played archage but there are no safezones in/around any of the dungeons unless a shrine happens to be nearby, and even then it is just a very small zone. I was in AA just a couple of moths ago and there are almost no safezones outside of the major cities. Virtually every single zone you go to level, quest, or gather in is a pvp enabled zone. In some zones you might get a reprieve for an hour if your faction was able to gain uncontested control over the zone, but the entire time I played I had people killing me or trying to kill me. The server I played on was on the most recent fresh start server and I played in aquanaught guild.

I don't understand how on earth her saying her guild was outnumbered and prevented from being able to level from guilds like yours have anything to do with their ability to cooperate or play the game "correctly" as you claim. They have literally nothing to do with each other. It doesn't matter how good a guild is or how many allies they have if they are constantly outnumbered and out geared by the opposing faction, and in AA I have found that there are often wild imbalances between the factions. During the month or so I played there, I watched guilds do to other guilds exactly what Erin described in order to keep the opposing faction from getting geared up. It seems pretty obvious to me that you don't like being caught lying and you're digging yourself further and further into a hole.

As far as crying and shaking go, plenty of women do that after being repeatedly chased down and killed and then subject to the sorts of abuse I have seen hurled at them in AA and bdo: death threats, rape threats, being called every sort of sexist slur known to man kind tends to be upsetting for people, and I saw this behavior time and time again in AA, and even more so in BDO. Crying and shaking is a normal, healthy reaction to being abused, and that is exactly what kind of behavior that is, abuse. Abuse that I don't want to see in A:IR. Considering your behavior on these forums I can very well believe you would be the kind of person to take part in that. You certainly seem to defend those kinds of players.

As far as your accusations of terrorizing and lying goes, I think a reasonable person could argue that you are simply deflecting your own behavior on these forums onto her. To me at least, you have lost any semblance of credibility. As far as your snarky comment about "at least we know what kind of person we are dealing with" I will say that comment very much applies more to you than anyone else on these forums I have run across.

I will tell you right now that I have no respect for boys that go around insulting women and who have no respect for women. Honestly dude, I am not exactly a small guy, and not a whole lot scares me, but your behavior on these forums is really starting to creep me out.

Eärwen, Arthenics and Crystal like this.
  8. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

Well said.
    Too many men really do not understand just how much rape threats and some of that other abuse really affects a woman, especially if she has ever had that happen to her. Others know exactly too well what it can do and use it mercilessly as one of the nastiest forms of abuse there is. It is not something you ever get over and the types of men that make threats like that in a game deserve a special place in hell.

Eärwen likes this.
  9. Sera

Sera Guest

You talk about abuse and aggression, but since you joined on Thursday and your 14 posts, you have been nothing but aggressive and abusive.

You call members of this community "psychotic","bullies" and "delusional", used to personal attack people, the very thing you accuse people of yet you are the only person attacking others in such an aggressive way is you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
  10. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

i think you are confusing her with your friend Szmer in terms of personal attacks on others and being aggressive and abusive. A woman who has been repeatedly, unreasonably insulted and provoked by your friend turning around and simply pointing out how he is behaving is not abusive, and in your friend's case those titles fit.

11. Sera

Sera Guest

No really not, I haven't seen Szmer call any one "psychotic", "bully" or "delusional", but I have seen Erin do repeatedly. I would say that being called "psychotic", "bully" or "delusional" is insulting and provocative. Disagreements on points of view and discussion is the point of forums, but you do not need to resort to insulting people to make those.

12. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

take a good look at what your friend has written. He has made all sorts of accusations without providing any proof. Some of them don't even make sense, and quite frankly ARE delusional. Such as that she is trying to ruin games for him, that she can't work well with others, making statements that imply she is a nasty person. All of that came out simply because she stated her opinions about certain kinds of bullies in pvp which all of us have seen.
    So not it was your friend that did the insulting not her.

Shion likes this.
  13. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

Wow, I wish there was a dislike for a post. It's pretty clear either you haven't read Szmer's posts or you're deliberately ignoring them and vastly exaggerating the posts of someone you have clearly disliked ever since she disagreed with you.
    Quite honestly, I would describe the people that engage in the kinds of behaviors she has described being a witness to or victim of as bullies and psychotic as well. Most normal people would.
    When asked about what kinds of behaviors she was subject to in AA she pointed out clear examples and then was met with a sheer wall of nastiness and hate that quite frankly has me concerned in my professional capacity about the mental well-being of the person that made it.

She is not the one consistently calling others weak, claiming they don't work well with others without any proof whatsoever, that they are incapable of playing an mmo correctly (whatever that is even supposed to mean), or making any of the other sorts of uncalled for attacks on others character. Until a certain person started making those kinds of attacks on her her tone was nowhere near aggressive and only approached that point twice; both times after great provocation (such as the lines made about what kind of person she is). She is also not the person that has repeatedly accused others of "trying to ruin the game for everyone" (which I would hold up as a perfect example of a paranoid delusion).

You are right about the fact that insults and abuse should not be on these forums but you are quite wrong about who is doing the insulting and abuse.

Eärwen and Vampiric like this.
  14. Sera

Sera Guest

Your right I was referring to my own experience here in this thread, please look back of the last 4 pages, look at the post where Erin cites me. Then look at my posts, do I insult people? Do I call people "psychotic", "bully" or "delusional"? Have those words been levelled at me by Erin and others?

15. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

Just some of the many unnecessary, inflammatory, unfounded insults and provocations your friend made, most of which were said ONLY to provoke. There is no evidence given to back up any of these except the crying and shaking bit which she herself had first made reference to when she said it was a reaction to some of the vile, disgusting threats and statements that were directed towards her and other women in her guild, and that part honestly insults me, because as someone that has been raped, getting rape threats and other categories of abuse that can trigger the memories or the feelings does upset me as well as several other women players I know even if they are delivered in a game. To belittle someone for having those sorts of reactions to abuse like that is completely unacceptable and inexcusable.
    To stand up for someone that engages in that, and to attack someone that stands up to that sort of behavior is equally unacceptable and inexcusable.

Shion and Eärwen like this.
  16. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

The only places I saw where she has used those words were when citing specific examples of behavior that were in fact those very things.
    I would also say that you have indeed insulted people if not directly, indirectly with many of the things you have said, and most recently with your blind defense of your friend.

17. Sera

Sera Guest

So you say you agree with her when she called me "psychotic" for wanting pvp in a game, and you agree she was right to call me "delusional" when I presented a point of view. You wouldn't consider that use of language a disproportional response?

18. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

Interesting way you twist it. She rather indirectly called you psychotic for the type of pvp behavior you wanted including essentially what I read to be unrestricted ability to kill anyone, anywhere, at anytime. I kind of do consider that to be a bit psychotic, yes. I've already stated why on my very first post. As for the delusional bit, I'll have to reread it. I know she used it later when talking about someone said she was trying to ruin the game and terrorize everyone.
    Edit: so rereading the thread, I found this:
    So you're kind of stretching it by saying she called you delusional. She called that idea delusional. I think you're being kind of disingenuous there by claiming she was calling you delusional.
    So no I don't think she was having a disproportional response at all. In fact, all things considered, I think you're actually twisting things quite a bit in order to claim that she directly insulted you or was aggressive towards you especially since she seemed to go far out of her way to be quite polite in her conversations with you.

19. Sera

Sera Guest

Ok point out where I asked for the "unrestricted ability to kill anyone" ?

Referring to someone as "psychotic" is rather rude, Psychosis is a mental health, and you have no qualms saying I have "mental health issues", because I want the game kept in the form the developer envisaged? You don't think that saying people have "mental health issues" could itself be considered abuse?

20. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

Let me get this straight, you're asking a high level police officer who deals with people that are psychotic on a near daily basis to buy into the argument of labeling them such as rude or abuse? Keep in mind that I over see entire units some of which mean that I have the oh soooo awesome privilege or dealing with a number of of fellow gamers, the vast majority of which play either fps or mmos solely for the pvp and that the reason I am dealing with them is because they do one or more of the following; make threats of death or rape both in the game and out of it, chase people they met in games in real life for hours or days, brag about trying to get people to quit games, swat other players or encourage others to do the same, try to discover personal information and send packages, food deliveries, etc. to their homes, and an entire long list of other over ding-batshit level crazy things. Are you still sure you want me to answer that question?

Eärwen likes this.