about PvP and PK in the world

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by TiriTim, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

Either you haven't played nearly as many games as you claim, or you're lying. BDO had an exodus back about a year ago when people got fed up with the toxic chat which is why finally the gms implemented a pvp channel in a failed attempt to draw some of the pkers there, and started stepping in on the very worst of it, though they really need to do more. Luckily it managed to get enough replacements that it re-stabilized. But the forums are full of people still asking for a pve channel and for the ability to report abusive chat and actions within the game. I've lost over 100 former members of the guild I run to the pking and text/verbal toxicity. I love a lot of what Kakao does, but their lack of willingness to actually step in and clean up that toxicity astounds me, although I have actually had two of their gms privately tell me that they feel it's a lost cause at this point. At this point, about 90% of the players in bdo I interact with have the channel, world, role-play, and general chats either turned off altogether or regulated to one tab they almost never look at.
    AION and AA had this issue too. The newest fresh start on AA had a massive exodus first due to the p2w elements being added after the first month. But then it had a second exodus after it became clear the gms were not going to do anything about the pks that were going around targeting only low level players and being extremely abusive to those they killed and the forums were loaded with players stating this.

Eärwen likes this.
  2. Valadares

Valadares Ascendant

Hi. I'm new at this forum and this is my first post. I've been playing AION and TERA in EU and NA servers. My experience as an healer is that PK in TERA is horrible. In AION there is no PK. Last time I played TERA, OW pvp was dead in that pvp server (about 2 years ago). The pvp was all done in arenas with equalized gear. The PK players would fight aginst each other. The model of factions in TERA did not work, and nobody cared about their faction. In AION we can not change faction and we have shared entrances, for both factions, to pve instances. Sometimes we have to pvp to enter one pve dungeon. I like that system (pvp almost everywhere but no PK). I find AIR a good game to play and I want to play it.

3. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

there is, and unbalanced pvp

4. Valadares

Valadares Ascendant

I play the Asmodian side in the Danaria server, NA. Last weekend we lost the etenal siege and wan the Kaldor siege. The inbalance of factions is a thing of the past in that server. The main problem is that to do proper pvp I need low ping. I got feed up with Gameforge and went to the NA servers. I hope that the ping will not be an issue in AIR, because it ruins all kinds of pvp.

Sera likes this.
  5. Erin

Erin Ascendant

Bullshit. On both counts. Bdo you have the full on pvp server with NO penalties for your senseless pking. Archeage and bless have openworld pvp with no penatlies for your bullying. Requiem, BNs, I could go on and on all day. Yes regular experiences is something that we pvers don't have an issue with. Want to go to your arenas, battlefields, guild wars, or whatever, go right ahead. We encourage it.

However trying to act like we enjoy being relentlessly pked by jerks who feel entitled to kill us for their jollies (such as yourself) however is a justification only bullies use and it is something the vast majority of us are tired of. Nearly every game lately has either outright catered to pking bullies or given ridiculously small penalties that do not at all detour that sort of abusive playing. That kind of abuse does not expand the experience as you so blatantly falsely claim, it detracts from it. It kills games and it isn't needed.
    No matter how hard you try and argue that being relentlessly hunted down and prevented from being able to level or lifeskill adds to the game and that we enjoy it as much as you enjoy killing us, it isn't true, and you know it. That sort of entitled mentality needs to be wiped out of gaming altogether and the nasty little creeps that engage in it should never be catered to. Ever. They are the same people who bullied kids in high school and claimed they were asking for it, or that hit their girlfriends and justify it. I know this for a fact because I arrest these kinds of creeps practically every day.
    Earlier today I arrested two guys that were bullying a woman that had rebuffed their unwanted advances as well as her boyfriend. Once I got them into the squad car they started whining about how they were going to going to miss some pvp event that night. Come to find out that "event" was their guild's nightly get together consisting of camping the opposite factions new player zones in a game and killing them until they quit leaving the safe zones.
    So please go on and tell me how these people aren't bullies in game or in life.
    Tell me exactly how they are enhancing the experience of other in the game by killing them over and over? Ive seen that in BDO, In AA, in the steam version of Bless, and in countless other games.
    Bullying is bullying and it isn't okay in real life, and it isn't okay in games. Trying to justify bullying by saying the recipients enjoy it is the lowest of the low, and then trying to undermine those standing up for themselves by saying they are out to ruin your games when all they want is for YOU to stop ruining theirs is a classic childish, manipulative, bulling technique that cannot be taken seriously and deserves only to be met with scorn, ridicule, and dismissal.

I really hope A:IR either has built in mechanics to stop that abuse or that Kakao actually steps in unlike they did in bdo and stops out every pker that goes around hunting down pvers and lower levels and then permabans them because those kinds of players are worthless and do not add anything to the game. They only ever detract from them.

Arthenics and Eärwen like this.
  6. Sera

Sera Guest

The system in Air is basically the same as Aion, two factions and you can't pk your own side. Good to see more Aion players here. Loved that game.

7. Sera

Sera Guest

Yeah ping and latency did play a very important in the AIR CBTs. You could see a huge difference between the KR and non-KR players. Hopefully won't be too bad on the EU and N.A. version with servers in the same continent, and we will have some good pvp.

8. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

so true... but it's what asians, people want now so.... the suppossed majority is minority now, you're supposed to censor (lol). In the end, those type of players give the money so... the mentallity is there, in developers and players. They won't permaba anyone like that pvp or pker, because that's less money ^^u
    pd: like facebook, like button but no dislike XD

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  9. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

so sad

10. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Ascendant

that literally makes no sense because you can't have pvp without pk. PK quite literally means player kill. So if you're fighting other factions that is literally pking. again for the ignorant here, pk does not just mean killing your own faction. Where ever you got that stupid idea get it out of your brains now because it makes you appear very ignorant. PK means player kill of any kind.

The entire combat system in Aion encouraging people to camp the newbie zones and dungeons to pk the lower leveled and pvers pretty much killed that game.
    If A:ir doesn't do something to protect the pve and pvxers (over 95% of marketshare) who don't want to be harassed by the bullies it will not last long.

Eärwen likes this.
  11. Crystal

Crystal Ascendant

Former Aion player here. I left that game because of the faction system and the way it was abused by malicious players. I left AA and BDO for the same reason although in BDO a long running bug also played a large factor. I really hope that A:ir doesn't implement that sort of system in the final version. I am tired of MMO devs catering and pampering a certain class of players that really are a minority and completely malicious. I already see several of those kinds of malicious players dominating the forums here in the couple hours I spent reading through it before joining. I very quickly drop any sort of game because that sort of maliciousness and evilness is something I have to deal with enough in real life. I don't want to put up with it in a game too.
    When you work up to 12 hours a day on any given day and up to 72 hours straight during a crisis and those days are filled with people slurring others, beating the **** out of others, killing others, trafficking others, stealing from others, or just trying to be the biggest, baddest, bad-*** on the block the idea of logging into a game where you face some of the same **** is just not appealing.

And before you try to tell me that everything in a game is just all in good fun, I'll stop you right there.
    OWpvp only caters towards the same kinds of people that try to convince kids to eat dishwasher pods or burn their arms with Aerosol deodorant sprays. They are the same kinds of people that openly advocate swatting others. I was a bloody swat team leader for over 15 years. Now one of the units I over see traces down those who swat others. Of the 126 arrests that unit has made so far this year, only two weren't gamers addicted to either mmos with open world combat or fps and nearly all of their friends and guild mates actively encouraged that sort of behavior. Of the over 300 cases we have open right now 25 of them resulted in either deaths or injuries. This is just one county in one state. While a small number of gamers over all, it is a disproportionately high majority of owpvpers and fps players that participate in behaviors like this or encourage others to do so.

I will also tell you right now, that I watch forums for those that push for owpvp and who call others terms like "carebear," "crybabies," "P***ies;" anyone that is very harassing in their comments; and anyone that appears to believe they have a right to owpvp and believes anyone that thinks otherwise is either out to get them or needs punished and I add the user names along with the website(s) I encountered them on to a database my department keeps. We have found that database pretty useful for tracking down culprits and/or showing a pattern of behavior that often gets them much longer sentences. If someone is being particularly disturbing my department will go ahead and get court orders for the their sign up information, ip address, etc. even before someone makes a complaint. I've already noted a couple of usernames here I intend on adding to that database.

So I will add my voice to those that are asking for separate pve channels and for safeguards against malicious players. We don't need another cesspool like BDO, Aion, or AA.

Greeniewolf likes this.
  12. Sera

Sera Guest

Well at the very heart of the lore of the game, is the concept that the players come from one of two factions that are locked in eternal bitter war. So the two faction system that is present in AIR is at the heart of the game since its conception, just as the conflict between Eloys and Asmos in Aion.

13. Valadares

Valadares Ascendant

AION has a fast-track server for LL for each faction untill lvl 65 (max. lvl 75). So no HL killing LL. For me pvp is diferent from pk. In TERA you must activate PK to kill your faction mates. It is my opinion.

14. Sera

Sera Guest

I think most people on these forums agree with your definition of PK. As you point out there are ways in which you can combat HL vs LL pvp, in air (at least in CBT) the difference in level between max level and the point pvp was enabled was small so that mitigated this issue.

Valadares likes this.
  15. Valadares

Valadares Ascendant

Still my main issue is the ping. Is AIR going to have servers fisically in EU?

16. Sera

Sera Guest

True, and you are right to be concerned about ping for combat, we have had no statement yet about server provision, but I would think they would have servers in the EU.

17. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

OMG, What are you talking about? It is an Massive RPG, we're playing roles, some of us are good guys, some bad guys. Stop censoring mmorpgs ffs! I've been playing AA since launch, I was one of the leaders of the biggest alliance on our server, ALL of our Pvers had good time, noone was killing them, lot of ppl from our faction was asking for our help (for example - protection on Freedich island), we had great PvP they could make more money than everyone else.

At hasla, we had over 10 guilds cooperating, I've created a google sheet with schedule, we created groups for farming, every group was assigned to specific spot, there were special PvP groups for taking the spots and defending them. It was working so good, it was so much fun that i have even now goosebumps.

I've never killed anyone without a reason. I love to protect others, in every mmorpg with open world i had some Defending groups. In AA many ppl ask us for help, sometimes we did it for some items, sometimes for gold and sometimes only for fun. And there are many players like me. I know it because i've been playing with them. We could spend many hour every day protecting trade routs, the island, we couldnt make any money while doing this, so the pvers gives us gold, mats or even new crafted items. I dont recognize this big problem your'e talking about (especially in AA). There was only one group with this problems - solo players, small casual guilds and other asocial groups. If you're one of them then sorry, I can't help you. But I will not ignore that you want to ruin for most players a good game only because You cant cooperate with others. PvP and PvE activities mixed together gives you more things you can do with more ppl. It's uniting ppl not dividing them. If you have one guild 50/50 pvp and pve players, and you will separate them then you will have two foreign groups. It's not mmorpg?!

It is your choice being a victim, not mine. You need to understand that You can handle the PK/PvP problem. I know that some games had terrible mechanics and for some ppl the game was unplayable, but You need understand that it was the MECHANIC problem, not PVP itself.

18. Erin

Erin Ascendant

IT's people like you that make the victims with your need for constant pvp. It's not censoring a game to have a pve server just so we don't have to deal with people like you who Only want to kill people lower levels than you. And for gods sake stop acting like most players are bloodthirsty psychopaths. Most players do NOT want unrestricted open world pvp. You are a minority. A VERY SMALL MINORITY. But you are are the ones that ruin the games for the majority.
    I remember your alliance from AA. IT was full of pkers, dungeon campers, and people that bragged about making life a living hell for the opposing faction. The faction most known for whispering the players you killed with insults and taunts. The faction that was named over and over by people that left AA. News flash, for the people you camped, for the people your alliance followed around and blocked form things it wasn't fun. That's why AA is dead. More than the pay to win, more than the dated graphics or age of the game.
    Players like you ruined archage, bdo, and now before A:Ir is even born you want to ruin it too.

And pk is not limited to killing one's own faction. Only idiots and psychopathic pvp bullies use that definition.

19. Erin

Erin Ascendant

nope. only the psychotic pvp junkies that try to justify abusing others try to limit it like that.

PK
    Pronounced "Pee-kay"

Originally meaning "Player Killing," the term PK is now also colloquially used in as a verb form of the word versus in situations where there may actually be no avatar/player killing.

PK
    Abbreviation of player killing . 1) a term most often used in massive multiplayer games for players that kill other players avatars usually as a derogatory term. 2) a term sometimes used to designate player versus player instead of player versus computer in strategic factional games such as starcraft.

Player Killing:
    The act of killing another player. Often abbreviated as PK. Note: While some people believe this term to mean only killing members of one's own team or faction, that is an incorrect as this term refers to a player that kills any player regardless of team or faction.

20. Szmer

Szmer Ascendant

Ok I see.... You dont have any arguments so you're starting to insult us. Typical...