Ability bar?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Zombie, May 12, 2018.

1. Zombie

Zombie Ascendant

Does anyone know if they are updating the ability bar / UI?

i just thought the ability bar in CBT could have used a bit of colour, or even just the ability icons having some colour, everything was a bit yellow/brown/gold colour

I don't mind the menu or inventory UI, was just mainly the ability bar area

what do you guys think, did you like the look of it ?

Shion and hurfmurf like this.
  2. Triplebutterfly

Triplebutterfly Ascendant

I really like it, for me I dont want UI at all but we need some indication of what we're doing.

For comparison lets put WOW UI (is the worst in my opinion, 100 skills 100 keys) against BDO UI which is the best in my opinion(I hate BDO in general but) their UI is so clean because they made the skills with combinations like Left mouse+Shift and such. IMO it's the best way to make skills, not like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7...

Shion likes this.
  3. hurfmurf

hurfmurf Ascendant

This is a pretty good observation, easy to miss. I do agree that the abilities need to be easily identifyable at a quick glance(in my case this is needed for quick cooldown checks) and adding some colour to the ability icons works quite effectively to ensure that.

Shion likes this.
  4. Sera

Sera Guest

I quite liked it in the CBT, the simple colour scheme of the Ui made it obvious when combos were ready to be triggered and didn't cause you to focus on the UI bar instead of the combat.