A:IR Roleplay Community Webpage (Now Live)

Discussion in 'Gameplay Discussions' started by Alyria, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Cubtheman

Cubtheman Ascendant

Ruler of SG
    It hurts a little bit to be seeing this on enjin though, ouch. Though for sure sounds good! Its gonna be sick Roleplaying based around this game, Just caught up with the Lore and Classes recently very interested and would love to RP

2. Chi

Chi Ascendant

It begins

3. Tez

Tez Ascendant

Software Engineer
    I am not a RPer but that site is actually very nicely done and put together.

I hope you guys thrive as this looks like a very good game for RPing.

Over the years I have come to know many RPers and actually think its kinda cool even though its not for me compared to my previous younger years when I never wanted the RP community to be on a server I was on but now after getting to know so many the RP community has some of the nicest and welcoming players.

We even have a few RPers in our guild. I will post on our discord that if they want to talk RP to come to your site.

There is so much RP you guys could in the form of events and open them up to not just the RP players but all.

Please just don't go any ERP cause that is creepy after seeing some of it in BDO :confused:

Can we get this pinned for them if possible so it doesn't get buried in page 3 so when new RPers come they know exactly where to go and are not lost. Maybe a section even for them for community like PvP or PvE has sometimes.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Alyria and Lhyuu like this.
  4. Veiled

Veiled Ascendant

Hello, fellow roleplayers! I am pleased to see an RP presence here and I hope that we can grow the RP community in the months to come. I'd recommend in conjunction with having a separate site that we also maintain a presence here on the forums to make it easy for RPers to know where to find us. I look forward to the stories that will come from this community!

5. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I agree Veiled! I hope we can grow the community as the game gets closer. I'll admit the site has not had an update in a bit, I have been traveling A LOT over the holiday season with my last trip happening at the end of next week. So there should be some major updates to the page happening after that.

Veiled likes this.
  6. Veiled

Veiled Ascendant

Enjoy the holidays!

7. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I have been traveling for the holidays over the past few weeks so I have not had the time to go through the whole thread until this morning. So I'm going to try to reply to all the wonderful feedback and well wishes here.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jouska for the warm welcome! I've been traveling almost non-stop since Thanksgiving and seeing ALL of the information you and Kakao published so far is amazing! I'm hoping to get most of it updated on our site before the new year, while quoting the source material and giving credit where it is due, but I do NOT want to overstep my boundaries. So please, if there is ever an issue with us pulling information or articles from this website for the RP community (as some may not come to the official page as often) send me a message an let me know!

Otherwise I welcome you to join up yourself to watch the community grow. And feel free to do it incognito if you want to shed some of the PM responsibilities you have. ;)

First, Welcome to the community! I already noticed you posted your guild on our page :D:D:D

I know the choice for Enjin may not be the ideal choice for some. But given my lack of web design knowledge and my familiarity with Enjin's module system it is honestly the best choice for me (as the creator and maintainer of the site) for now. Could there be a time, in the future where we upgrade to a fully designed hosted page? Absolutely, but outside of having a team with the technical knowledge and commitment to maintain we need a hosting service that takes most of the grunt work out of building the page.

:cool: BUT! :cool:

We are lucky enough to have someone with web design acumen who is working on a theme that will make the site feel more unique and let cut/paste like some Enjin sites are prone to feel like.

In the end I know I won't be able to please everyone. But if we can create a place that serves the needs of the community I will be over the moon happy.

I also agree this game is going to be AMAZING to RP in and I'm looking forward to watching our community come together and grow.

I can't express how much I smiled when I saw your post and how much acknowledgement I am seeing from the community when it comes to Role-players. I've seen the site posted in other threads outlining community pages and everyone has been kind to the idea that role-players indeed exist.

The special servers concept also has my brain buzzing for event ideas. Role-players LOVE putting together events that (often) non RPers enjoy. So if we are able to set up a server with rulesets, goals, and an over arching story? OMG!

On the ERP thing . . . It personally is not for me, but I cannot speak for everyone. I can't promise that you won't run into it at all, but I can guarantee I am an advocate for it to be done in private channels if it is what floats one's boat. Much like the real life equivalent . . . some things are better left in private.

And finally thank you for the request to have this thread stickied!!!! *makes pretty doe eyes at Jouska* Pwease?

Tez likes this.
  8. Veiled

Veiled Ascendant

Welcome back Alyria! I hope you enjoyed your holiday season!

9. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

I did thank you!! I hope yours was wonderful too.

For anyone who has not been to the page lately a very VERY talented member just updated the theme and it is beautiful.

Veiled likes this.
  10. Veiled

Veiled Ascendant

I second that, the new theme is stunning!

11. Alyria

Alyria Ascendant

Friendly faces are joining us every day! Many saying they stumbled upon us . . . If you know anyone who is interested in role-playing in this game, send them on over!

Veiled likes this.
  12. Eärwen

Eärwen Ascendant

Are an official moderator? I'm a bit confused. I just discovered this game like 2 days ago XD
    (and the English native speakers are already A LOT)

13. Rhamathael Rustcloak

Rhamathael Rustcloak Ascendant

This sounds like a fun group! I hope the RP community has an opportunity to become a vibrant part of this game! The setting seems to have an abundance of potential.